Pages:
Author

Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit. - page 12. (Read 17956 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
March 23, 2018, 09:39:48 AM
TMAN, I fully agree with pretty much everything you wrote here, and mainly with your points about language skills.  These shitposters just can't seem to connect language--->communication effectiveness--->+some other variables--->post quality.  They get upset that the community isn't rewarding their cookie cutter shitposts with merit.  They're baffled that their efforts have gone unnoticed and unappreciated here.  The truth is that if you are trying to write in the English section and don't have a good command of the language, you really don't stand a chance at all of getting any merits.  Being a high-ranked member of bitcointalk is potentially very lucrative, and there is too much competition at this point.

What I fear is that there is no amount of words which can force these people to actually read your advice, much less take it. 

For those people on this thread who don't speak English as a first language, take heed of what TMAN wrote here about learning the language.  It's also true that those Asian mannerisms, like constantly using the word "sir" when dealing with people in authority (campaign managers, DT members, whatever) grates on people's nerves, and I, like TMAN, instantly tune out people who do this.  Why?  Because I've learned to equate that particular habit with shitposters, beggars, plagiarizers, and scammers.

And yeah, all of those bounty-airdrop-freebie posts are a hallmark of the typical shitposter--but I don't think people are going to stop doing those, and I'd argue that they don't necessarily have to in order to get merits.  That's one of their motivating factors for being in bitcoin in the first place, just like being in sig campaigns.  It's when they're posting in an actual discussion that everything counts.

One tip I have is this:  Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics.  Those sections are filled with mega spam threads, and nobody reads anything there anymore.  You'll never get merit if you post in those kinds of threads.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
March 23, 2018, 08:56:50 AM
The other way around this is the list to not get Merit from this people so be careful

This is TMAN's thread. These are what TMAN consider's as some guidelines. Its not a hard and fast guideline but a guide that can be followed by the pajeets in trying to earn some merit while posting.

I think what you are describing is necessary but not sufficient to earn many merits. I think most thirld-world shitposters would get some merits after following your advice but not a lot, and they wouldn’t be able to join the highest-paying campaigns. I meet those conditions and I am not getting lots of merits.

It can be for three reasons as far I can think of:
1. Your posts are not getting enough "Buzz" so to speak
2. You are posting in sections where merit sources doing a minimum patrol.
3. Merit sources are out of merits to distribute Grin

In either case keep posting if you believe you are having good quality and one fine day you will get some merits.

@TMAN I am sure I dont follow any of the above stated rules but I do get some merits from you at times. Why is it so? Tongue Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
March 23, 2018, 03:47:11 AM
The other way around this is the list to not get Merit from this people so be careful

That is correct, I am speaking sense here. So many of the 3rd world posters think its unfair, they need to realize that many of us have lost millions over the years due to scams and poor investments this has given many people from the early days more experience than newbies can ever gain.. imagine knowing that your mistakes have cost you $3MM at today's rates, how would that make you feel?

Quality posting comes with experience and it isn't a tangible thing, Quality to a bitcoin core Dev is different to an Altcoin kingpin. But users need to be aware many of us were here when LTC was $1 and there are plenty of users here from 2011 that remember the $1 days of BTC.. imagine being Theymos starting the forum when BTC was worth nothing, it had 0 value when this place started and all he sees is entitled 3rd world posters using Engrish to spam the fuck out of this place, bots posting total horse shit hundreds of times a day.

The forum has unique earning opportunities that happen to be massive to 3rd world users, life changing sums and for people who want to better themselves and integrate into the community we should try to assist these people, I mean that is what bitcoin is about.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
March 23, 2018, 03:41:27 AM
I think what you are describing is necessary but not sufficient to earn many merits. I think most thirld-world shitposters would get some merits after following your advice but not a lot, and they wouldn’t be able to join the highest-paying campaigns. I meet those conditions and I am not getting lots of merits.
Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
March 23, 2018, 03:34:55 AM
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
March 23, 2018, 02:58:52 AM
As a top 10 merited user I feel qualified to post this guide, this is to help new users and users who are reasonably established to level up.
I am adamant the no1 cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I imediately asume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significance of Pizza day, the 2011 bubble, Cyprus, HODL, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me asume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/joes-signatureless-challenge-archives-3055616
That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

This will all go above thousands of users heads, but if it just helps one user to get out of poverty by bettering themselves then it was worth writing.  

Edit - link for English lessons https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Also read the forum rules, I am not spoon feeding you the link as you need to learn to use the search button as well, once you have mastered the search function of the forum you will be able to check if your topic has been posted about before
Pages:
Jump to: