Pages:
Author

Topic: Today's news: Chinese gov restricts Crypto again... - page 3. (Read 1456 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251
Over the world, even politicians will be having investments in the cryptocurrencies; so, they will not let them banned.  Only thing what they could do is putting some regulations mainly to save their banks and so their governments because if banks fail, they will too and will lose the power.  Therefore, they will try to balance it out with something so that they can save banks and that mainly only involve taxing what we have, nothing else. Here in countries like China where regime puts firewall, people will have the option of using privacy coin like DeepOnion which uses obfuscation OBFS4 and also MEEK (alongwith latest Tor protocol) has already been tested by Chinese and found to be usable by them.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
let them make a negative statement as much as they want, bad days are behind

Merit: 12
The government could not stop the crypto as many privacy coins are easy to use all around the world. As I know all Chinese Deeponion users have been started to use the newest Deeponion wallet in China.(TOR EDGE 3.3.0 + OBFS4 + MEEK) The real decentralised cryptocurrency is still popular in China.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
NEM <3
Perhaps this is old news, because they have already tried to prohibit crypto-currencies, but they simply could not do it. In order to prohibit crypto-currencies, you just need to ban the Internet. I think it will be absurd if we get to that.

Exactly. They try but people will always find ways to bypass those laws and legislations  Smiley
Projects like DeepOnion and CloakCoin are currently integrating TOR, MEEK and OBFS4 protocols to hinder that, and test has proven successful.
Government can FUD and regulate all they want, but the people will always win.
Activity: 364
As for me, all these news are fake and are made only in order to reduce the price of coins and they were able to buy them well and be leaders in the market, and when the market starts to grow again they will have big profits.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
I understand that China is most likely going to be the biggest obstacle in the Crypto, and time and time again it has been proven to be so. The government there is notorious for keeping funds within the country and attempting to bring in as much foreign cash as possible. Crypto is a big hurdle for them and quite a risk which is only making hiding payments/transactions easier, especially with the likes of Privacy coins gaining traction.
This technology is only getting stronger and more complicated, and history has shown that if people want it, they will get it one way or another (see Torrents, warez, movies).

At this stage I think the best thing you can do is begin migrating or adopting a good Privacy coin and learning how to perform truly anonymous transactions, there are the likes of the TOR network which makes it practically impossible to trace which location the transactions came from and almost impossible to block the use of them. You only need to refer to my signature to see what I am currently using.
I'm sure that there are no desperate situations at all. And even the Chinese government is doing all these restrictions have a very huge overtones. In the history of China's economy, there have never been windows where anyone could earn money other than the state. Therefore, I think that the Chinese government wants to clean up its crypto currency and mining. AEG about the company should also be under control. That is their strategy and policy.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
There are a lot of FUD nowadays and these big companies like facebook and instagrams are also disrupting crypto smh

Yeah even the private companies are working in cohorts with the Govs and Banks to spread more FUD. Back to the OP, China will just make blockchain developers create more sophisticated privacy coins to go around with them just like DeepOnion.
Merit: 101
I understand that China is most likely going to be the biggest obstacle in the Crypto, and time and time again it has been proven to be so. The government there is notorious for keeping funds within the country and attempting to bring in as much foreign cash as possible. Crypto is a big hurdle for them and quite a risk which is only making hiding payments/transactions easier, especially with the likes of Privacy coins gaining traction.
This technology is only getting stronger and more complicated, and history has shown that if people want it, they will get it one way or another (see Torrents, warez, movies).

At this stage I think the best thing you can do is begin migrating or adopting a good Privacy coin and learning how to perform truly anonymous transactions, there are the likes of the TOR network which makes it practically impossible to trace which location the transactions came from and almost impossible to block the use of them. You only need to refer to my signature to see what I am currently using.
Activity: 402
Merit: 19
There are a lot of FUD nowadays and these big companies like facebook and instagrams are also disrupting crypto smh
Activity: 616
John mcafee tweeted about this. I like his approach a lot, he says "You cannot stop crypto, only delay it". This is so true. Crypto will be delayed a little due to the fear from governments, but tech will always win. Right now chinese users can for instance use Meek to connect the deeponion wallet within china. And if the government finds a way to stop this, well then another tech solution will come up.

It's impossible to stop!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Wtf.. What the Chinese government has done is really outrageous. I always ask why the Chinese government always makes extreme regulation to crypto? I suspect there are other plans behind this and they want something more.

Hello op, where did you get this news? Please give us a link about this news here.

Looks like the government of China is just scared to lose its control over their population. They have blocked already everything that they could (Facebook, Google, different messengers). Now Crypto is blocked. What is next?
I think they want to manage their people like Korea. I do not know what their purpose is when they have banned so many tech things. Or do they want to create everything from their country?
They know that their country is the most populous country in the world and they use that advantage. I think they are looking to turn any undeveloped technology into China into the world's leading technology. That's my opinion of China's purpose. what's your opinion?
Activity: 728
Perhaps this is old news, because they have already tried to prohibit crypto-currencies, but they simply could not do it. In order to prohibit crypto-currencies, you just need to ban the Internet. I think it will be absurd if we get to that.
Activity: 378
China ban will create more demand for Privacy coins and not all privacy coins are able to enter the Chinese market. DeepOnion is a TOR integrated coin which uses  public key obfuscation protocol OBFS4 on top of TOR that will make it usable even in the countries that ban TOR. Check more details on OBFS4 here https://github.com/Yawning/obfs4/blob/master/doc/obfs4-spec.txt
Activity: 756
With the FUD driving down the prices, and the regulations that seem to be mounting, I wonder if this could be the year of the "Privacy" coin. For example DeepOnion is a privacy coin utilizing the TOR network. It is anonymous and 100% untraceable. It seems like coins like this one will have a huge impact on the crypto market.
If it comes to the point where all trading of cryptocurrencies are banned all over the world the truth is that anonymity coins will not be of much help, since you will be able to keep yourself safe from being identified as an user of cryptocurrencies but no one else is going to trade with you, at that point the market of cryptocurrencies will be closed for any normal user.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
The Asian market is huge for bitcoin since they are paying more for their BTC compared to the rest of the world. But regulations and bad news have caused people dumping their coins. Amidst all the bad news there is now something positive coming from the US market where they are not looking to bad crypto and I think that news has had a positive influence on the market since FEB 6th.
Activity: 448
Strict regulaters will  cause black market. They don't really ban cryptocurrencies. Artificially yes but in fact, Chinese trader still can use VPN. Do Chinese Stupid Govt will ban VPN too? I think they'd better ban internet at all.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
Wtf.. What the Chinese government has done is really outrageous. I always ask why the Chinese government always makes extreme regulation to crypto? I suspect there are other plans behind this and they want something more.

Hello op, where did you get this news? Please give us a link about this news here.

Looks like the government of China is just scared to lose its control over their population. They have blocked already everything that they could (Facebook, Google, different messengers). Now Crypto is blocked. What is next?
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
I really don’t know what Chinese government is trying to do. I mean, whats wrong with them, they just caused such a mess and a big speculation. So disappointing.
Activity: 392
Cryptocurrency-related advertisements have stopped appearing on Chinese search engine Baidu and social media platform Weibo, amidst reports of China’s government tightening cryptocurrency and Initial Coin Offering regulations on Sunday, Feb. 4.

The Financial Times of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) was told today, Feb. 4, that China will further increase regulatory pressure on cryptocurrency exchange sites and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Chinese news site Sina reported.

Seems cryptocurrency will not recover so much in a short time...

i dont think for real China government would take out his nation over the cryptos and icos market, this would be a huge piece of world market that will have some problems in the future

The regulatory is good if applicable at all elements of blockchain community from the richest to the poor, so that is really fair in my vision and be very sustainable for a growing investment in the actual and future markets.

No one knows at the moment if china will be in the blacklist we only need to wait to good news, just stay tuned guys and letss see whats happen Smiley
BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM
Cryptocurrency-related advertisements have stopped appearing on Chinese search engine Baidu and social media platform Weibo, amidst reports of China’s government tightening cryptocurrency and Initial Coin Offering regulations on Sunday, Feb. 4.

The Financial Times of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) was told today, Feb. 4, that China will further increase regulatory pressure on cryptocurrency exchange sites and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Chinese news site Sina reported.

Seems cryptocurrency will not recover so much in a short time...

Oh my God, I have also found this news that shocked me. Here is the link to read about it:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/ban-complete-china-blocks-foreign-crypto-exchanges-to-counter-financial-risks

It is normal that governments protects itself from competency and stop people sending funds abroad. If crypto continue growing it is a matter of time for governments to improve what is wrong or lose the race.
Pages:
Jump to: