Pages:
Author

Topic: Treat developers better - XHC THREAD MOVED - page 44. (Read 113223 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the updates there Jarvis and the PM, I can breath a bit easier now!
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
so whats gonna happen exactly on the 20th?  is it a 2-1 swap a 1-1 swap? can someone elaborate plz? than and good work devs keep it up!    Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Thanks for your continued efforts jarvis, I understand it is not easy to develop and launch a crypto sucessfully. Hope the relaunch goes well Smiley
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Thanks guys for your patience as we are working hard over here. Sorry for our absence as we have been interviewing programmers all day for this project and others. Please be patient as there is a lot happening on our end. We just wanted to say thanks to the members of the community that have been answering questions and supporting this coins development. We have no negative news just a heavy workload to meet this deadline. We have implemented DarkWave  Grin for multi-pool protection but are having some complications with the adjustments but things should be resolved soon. We are also looking into some economic factors to ensure that the investors capital is protected as well as the miners.

JUst want to thank you....
I hope the exchange is going to happen , I bought the coin when it was high and bought more after I heard 1:2 exchange....
tnx again ....show them how great you are....
legendary
Activity: 1246
Thanks guys for your patience as we are working hard over here. Sorry for our absence as we have been interviewing programmers all day for this project and others. Please be patient as there is a lot happening on our end. We just wanted to say thanks to the members of the community that have been answering questions and supporting this coins development. We have no negative news just a heavy workload to meet this deadline. We have implemented DarkWave  Grin for multi-pool protection but are having some complications with the adjustments but things should be resolved soon. We are also looking into some economic factors to ensure that the investors capital is protected as well as the miners.

Thanks you for jarvis.good luck! Grin
Activity: 340
Merit: 122
I bought >1k XHC (WTF!) back in the time of its inflated infancy. I will be white knuckling this coin like a boss till the very end. Thank you to all of you working so hard to instill some hope back into this coin. May we all find at least dry land soon or better yet the moon. Peace!
Activity: 249
Merit: 100
Open question: is it possible we could amalgamate this coin with another stalled coin that's in a similar position + similar current value as this one? thereby doubling our user base/interest right off the bat.

It would mean two conversions instead of one. But it is, in a way, low hanging fruit. In terms of building and progressing a community base for what we're doing.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Wow.......right after I bought back in she falls apart again Huh
wow not a good look...
Activity: 300

Maybe he is having lunch  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
what the hell is going on with this coin? we should be putting our coins on the exchange for tomorrow to be swapped??? yet theres nothing here
Activity: 300
Dev came online and now he's back offline, and still no response here  Huh  Wtf

Maybe he is drinking morning coffee  Roll Eyes
Activity: 504
so im not understanding , is the swap not happening ?? whats the verdict??

I am not sure what exactly is going-on. I don't remember electing anyone to do anything, or voting on anything. After my initial suggestion of the take-over, the person who seemed to be taking it over, just started spewing-out things that didn't seem in the best interest of anyone except himself. (Or some other unseen person/persons.)

He mentioned something about getting a community vote, but I woke to find no vote, and a proposal that just didn't make sense. (From any angle.)

I would assume that the person who was going to lead the development, was somehow extorting him. I can't think of any other reason for that rush on doubling and the super-short POW phase. In all honesty, I was just going to rent a crap-load of miners and throw them at the coin for an easy 5-million more coins. xD Why have one, when you can have two for twice the price!

In any event... He has not contacted us, or the exchange, since the last mention of the proposal. He didn't hesitate to throw-up the donation links to his personal account though. Donations are fine, but not without some kind of escrow-service or prior trust in an individual or team. I didn't see a team, just an individual that was not listening (or replying) to anyone.

Keep your coins in your wallets, raise your sell-orders unless you actually want out, and buy a few if you can spare it. If only to hold the floor, while we come-up with an actual "Community" solution, that we agree with. We all have some stake in this, others more than some, but this is still an "Us" thing, not an "I" thing. I would not doubt if he just ran-off to make a whole new coin. xD (Seems to be the thing to do now.)

We do need to get a block-explorer back up again. The wallet, well, we can wait on that for the time being. I have to shoot some ideas to my marketing buddies, and see what we can do to pull as far away from the HonorCoin image, as possible.

I do, however, like the idea of POW being reinstated. Without POW, there really is nothing to add value to the coin, unless we have that multipool. That would mine other coins, but reward with this coin, which is gotten by buying it back, to redistribute, from the gains on the other coins that are being cashed-out at ideal times.

Having POW extended, will increase the cap, but it will also set a maintained value (via loss from power-bills), which will limit the price that they can sell for, while it continues to place more coins in more peoples hands. Having 2x the volume, distributed over a good year or two or four..., will not hurt the value of any current holders. While, at the same time, it will not destroy any desire to mine or buy.

Multipool, is the first best thing we can do.

Any suggestions for names, or rebranding, are more than welcome. Obviously.

I will see about drawing up a generic plan for us to conquer, unless someone has some other idea, besides splitting our value in half, giving the illusion of us being twice as rich. xD

I am in the IRC chatroom, for those who wish to drop-in. Might as well use it. xD
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23restoringhonor

Going to sleep now. Should be back in a few hours.
so im not understanding , is the swap not happening ?? whats the verdict??
Activity: 405
I don't see this coin-doubling being needed at all. I hold the majority of the total XHC and I still don't think coin doubling makes much sense. I think we are already pushing it by restarting PoW and making it 7 days long. The coins been tarnished prior to this entire restoration and for this to work. I don't see what doubling would do except make the big stakeholders super rich really quickly. I'm with ISAWHIM on this one, if this event on the 20th doesn't go smoothly, we'll need to do something else. I don't want this perfectly working coin to go to waste.
Activity: 322
If this goes to an extreme confusion... Due to the take-over... I will just have the whole coin 1:1 swapped-over to a complete rebranding. (It will NOT be known as HonorCoin in the future. There is just too much confusion with recycling that name now.)

I will create a new forum name, for the coin, that can be passed-on to any active dev-team, as well as a full website.

I would hold-off on donations, for the time being. The person/group or whoever, that was taking this over, has not replied to me, or anyone-else. Not sure if it is due to complications or something-else. However, better to be on the side of caution.

I am in the IRC room, but Jarvis has not responded there, and has not come back since he left the other day.
i understand we need someone more active and open to discussion, has most of find our self waiting to get an answer about details it feels like we are left on the dark. 
If this goes to an extreme confusion... Due to the take-over... I will just have the whole coin 1:1 swapped-over to a complete rebranding. (It will NOT be known as HonorCoin in the future. There is just too much confusion with recycling that name now.)

I will create a new forum name, for the coin, that can be passed-on to any active dev-team, as well as a full website.

I would hold-off on donations, for the time being. The person/group or whoever, that was taking this over, has not replied to me, or anyone-else. Not sure if it is due to complications or something-else. However, better to be on the side of caution.

I am in the IRC room, but Jarvis has not responded there, and has not come back since he left the other day.
Activity: 322
I don't think the new coin will be ready by the date they wanted.

Assume it isn't going to be ready, and the coin will continue exactly like it is now. No coin-doubling and no extended POW.

If there is an issue, I will see what I can personally do, to get this moving forward again.

At the moment, I have acquired about 4% of the total coins, by buying them from those selling. However, I would not just "give them away", as that would only cause the coins value to drop, as people dumped them.

We have a solid foundation to build upon. Now all we need are buildings.

I would like to have some form of vote-system setup, where coin-holders could cast votes, using the coins themselves. (Coins would not be "spent", however, they would be "locked" like they do for POS, for a designated period of time.) This, to cast votes by the majority holders, and also to reduce the inflation of POS rewards, to further increase value. Also, this could be extended to a paid-vote system, where the votes count as donations, but only to the winners of the vote. (Think of it like bidding-votes. If you supported flying cars, and others supported boats... If boats win, then those who supported flying cars shouldn't have to pay. They wanted flying cars. xD)

If we can get a multipool setup, I would be glad to use some of my knowledge to guide it to acquiring more value for us. (Since auto-multi-pools are essentially garbage that can be manipulated into mining pure junk for 100% losses.) However, this would be an external function to the coin, not an integration. It would require a "destroy coin address" to be found. (I will explain that process and purpose when needed, if it is needed.)
+1
I don't think the new coin will be ready by the date they wanted.

Assume it isn't going to be ready, and the coin will continue exactly like it is now. No coin-doubling and no extended POW.

If there is an issue, I will see what I can personally do, to get this moving forward again.

At the moment, I have acquired about 4% of the total coins, by buying them from those selling. However, I would not just "give them away", as that would only cause the coins value to drop, as people dumped them.

We have a solid foundation to build upon. Now all we need are buildings.

I would like to have some form of vote-system setup, where coin-holders could cast votes, using the coins themselves. (Coins would not be "spent", however, they would be "locked" like they do for POS, for a designated period of time.) This, to cast votes by the majority holders, and also to reduce the inflation of POS rewards, to further increase value. Also, this could be extended to a paid-vote system, where the votes count as donations, but only to the winners of the vote. (Think of it like bidding-votes. If you supported flying cars, and others supported boats... If boats win, then those who supported flying cars shouldn't have to pay. They wanted flying cars. xD)

If we can get a multipool setup, I would be glad to use some of my knowledge to guide it to acquiring more value for us. (Since auto-multi-pools are essentially garbage that can be manipulated into mining pure junk for 100% losses.) However, this would be an external function to the coin, not an integration. It would require a "destroy coin address" to be found. (I will explain that process and purpose when needed, if it is needed.)
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
is bittrex on board with this or do we only send coins to Poloniex for the 19th???
 we need this answered

+1
Pages:
Jump to: