Pages:
Author

Topic: Treat developers better - XHC THREAD MOVED - page 48. (Read 113223 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

We are around.  We have been working on the new coin and getting everything tested.    As we get closer to being finished we will let everyone know.

Fantastic Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are around.  We have been working on the new coin and getting everything tested.    As we get closer to being finished we will let everyone know.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Just pointing out the obvious here... but "Free distributions" are, well... Poor for value, and poor for marketing.

1: Free coins can be cashed-out at any price, for 100% gains. Cost them nothing to obtain the coins, so they have no "minimum" that they have to sell for. The more you give away, the less "value" others have to claim. You are giving-away others value, not adding to it.

2: The only people looking for "free coins", are those who are already in it. Occasionally, a non-user/holder will get some, and both will have no problem cashing-out for a quick penny that you gave them. (All those pennies add-up to our dollars that we can't get now, because they took them. Unless we buy them for pennies, which, again, does not add any "value" to the coin. That devalues it.)

But I digress... The "Free coins" are the least of the problems. No-one is "not-investing" in this because of the lack of free coin give-aways. It is because of the give-aways, that people stop investing in coins. You are having your value given away to others. Value you have to later buy-back, before you can get your value to go up. It is counter-productive to the point.

The 1:2 exchange and mining POW needs to be addressed before any talk about give-aways. (Which by the way, the give-away was obviously not ever intended to be honored. It was a trick to gather your personal information. If not by the dev, then by the person who ran the old website, or had access to the old website.)

Not only I disagree 100% with your assessment regarding "free" being bad for "value" and for "marketing", but your digression is absolutely impossible to understand. By me at least. I don't get your point. At all.

But "free", if you ever learned anything at all about any kind of marketing, is the absolutely key word. Top dog. Nothing whatsoever, not even sex, attracts people more effectively than the word "free". Right there you have an objective, totally objective, misconception of yours.

As for "value", what value? A currency has no intrinsic value in itself, none. The only "value" a coin can have is what the community supporting it may be able to get: whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Nothing else whatsoever. It doesn't matter if it is free, originally, or was priced at many BTCs, like 365 or 42.

As I posted in "An Appreciation", there's a lot wrong in the 1:2 proposed, but for for the reasons you seem to be mentioning but for the absurd distribution model chosen.

If Jarvis' plan continues ahead, this is really going absolutely nowhere.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
On the note of the 1:2 exchange, I vote HELL NO.

1: That halves all our value, demanding that we now have to sell twice as many coins.
2: That makes the new 6-Million effectively only 3-Million, since there are twice as many coins now. This is only half effective.

The "mining for 7 days", though it is longer than the original POW, is hardly "fair", and not good for "distributing the reward". That will leave the majority of new coins in only a few peoples hands. Adding that to the already mined number of coins, and you have a mining reward that will grant only a few people tons of "high value coins", that cost them nearly nothing to mine. (Might as well be POS doubling.)

Mining needs to be like a year, at least, if it is that quantity of coins, without the doubling 1:2 of the old coins. The mining should be reduced monthly, but not halved, which leads to less miners as value remains the same, or more miners getting less, who will have to demand more value for the reduced reward.

POS will do nothing but decrease reward more than it encourages people to obtain more. POS is a novelty, a gimmick, not an economic advantage, unless the coin has constant losses from something like fixed minimum transfer fees that are forced. (Then, POS would only be a "balancer of loss", if it ONLY produced POS reward to equal any lost tx-fees or other losses. But we can never prove "other losses".)
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Just pointing out the obvious here... but "Free distributions" are, well... Poor for value, and poor for marketing.

1: Free coins can be cashed-out at any price, for 100% gains. Cost them nothing to obtain the coins, so they have no "minimum" that they have to sell for. The more you give away, the less "value" others have to claim. You are giving-away others value, not adding to it.

2: The only people looking for "free coins", are those who are already in it. Occasionally, a non-user/holder will get some, and both will have no problem cashing-out for a quick penny that you gave them. (All those pennies add-up to our dollars that we can't get now, because they took them. Unless we buy them for pennies, which, again, does not add any "value" to the coin. That devalues it.)

But I digress... The "Free coins" are the least of the problems. No-one is "not-investing" in this because of the lack of free coin give-aways. It is because of the give-aways, that people stop investing in coins. You are having your value given away to others. Value you have to later buy-back, before you can get your value to go up. It is counter-productive to the point.

The 1:2 exchange and mining POW needs to be addressed before any talk about give-aways. (Which by the way, the give-away was obviously not ever intended to be honored. It was a trick to gather your personal information. If not by the dev, then by the person who ran the old website, or had access to the old website.)
Activity: 381
so this is new honorcoin thread
old dev is fucking retard!
hope thiis new management can restrore honor in honorcoin!

no more free distribution?
according to the new dev. plans, it will be done via a multipool
Activity: 476
so this is new honorcoin thread
old dev is fucking retard!
hope thiis new management can restrore honor in honorcoin!

no more free distribution?
Activity: 378
Dev, Are there any updates on your work in progress?

Because I'm losing faith.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
1比2 啊 多买点省的挖
Activity: 392
Dev,where are you Embarrassed
Activity: 414
Great job.
 change the link to this new thread
Activity: 57
the bittrex price is downing quickly .
Activity: 56
woow and this XHC is the coin I have seen best and the logo is interesting. Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

I like this logo. Sorix, I would just like to suggest, humbly, a lighter coloring. I personally think glints of silver and shades of gray -- basically a play with chiaroscuro, would best suit Honorcoin.

My reasoning: Silver is radiant white and connotes a lack of impurities. The other thing is that it also looks like stainless steel -- metal that won't tarnish.

I'm not much of an artist myself so I don't want to attempt modifying ur existing logo to execute my idea

Cheers! Smiley
Activity: 33
Activity: 336
I keep honorcoin in my sign  Smiley
But change the link to this new thread  Smiley

Thanks for tip!

Activity: 945
Merit: 1000
I keep honorcoin in my sign  Smiley
But change the link to this new thread  Smiley