Author

Topic: TV Series Top 10 Power Rankings (previously TV series Recommendations...) - page 175. (Read 619697 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Have you guys seen the previews for HBOs new series "The Leftovers" ?  It is a show about a town, and what they do, when something happens and somehow a large percentage of the population just vanishes. Looks pretty interesting
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Stargate 1-10, Stargate Atlantis 1-5  Wink
legendary
Newsroom is pretty good.

it's kind of "eh" to me.. i watch it because it's not that bad. but there's just something about aaron sorkin's writing that just sounds bawdy and pretentious.

Yeah me too. I watch it, but It is definitely not "must see" tv
Activity: 797
Merit: 500
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
comedy nights with kapil..
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
Lost, best tv show ever made
then breaking bad, dexter (first 4 seasons), prison break (season 1 only)

the finale for lost sorely disappointed me.. and dexter too. i'm probably not in the minority here. dexter was bad after season 4, cuz they changed producers.

Lol yeah Dexter took a nose dive after they changed the writers/producers. In my mind the show basically ended at season 4. I can't believe they ruined it so badly. Lost also reduced in quality after season 3, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Dexter. Either way though, I don't think I will ever rewatch these shows even though I love them, because the finales kinda ruin the whole story.
Activity: 434
Newsroom is pretty good.

it's kind of "eh" to me.. i watch it because it's not that bad. but there's just something about aaron sorkin's writing that just sounds bawdy and pretentious.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Newsroom is pretty good.

the finale for lost sorely disappointed me.. and dexter too. i'm probably not in the minority here. dexter was bad after season 4, cuz they changed producers.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
Great new show that I picked up watching a couple weeks back, Gang Related: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2719784/

It's involves LA's gang task force.  One of their members swore his elegance to the gang they are trying to take down long before he joined the gang task force.  Can be a little graphic at times, but it shows a lot of promise as a good long running show.

I saw the trailer for that show, but then never got around to watching it.   On a scale of 1-10, what would you give it?

I'd probably give it a 7 at this point.  I was flipping through the channels when the preview was on.  I stopped on it thinking it was one of those reality shows. Quickly realized it wasn't, and it kept me glued to the end.  Made sure to tune in to the last episode on Tuesday and it kept me watching.

Not many shows manage to get me to do that these days.  The last show I probably made sure I watched on a regular basis was House.

It could even be an 8, don't want to set the bar too high though, I've been known to lose interest after a couple episodes before.  Chicago Fire is one of the recent ones that I just couldn't get into.

I never really watched Chicago Fire either. The only firemen show that I watched was that old one with Dennis Leary. I forget what that one was called though. That show used to be really good

Rescue me, loved that show.  His stand up was great as well.  If you're a fan of stand up comedy, check out Jim Jefferies.  He had a show called Legit that lasted 2 seasons.  Really funny if your humor is a little on the "messed up" side, I guess you could call it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2400391/

Great new show that I picked up watching a couple weeks back, Gang Related: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2719784/

It's involves LA's gang task force.  One of their members swore his elegance to the gang they are trying to take down long before he joined the gang task force.  Can be a little graphic at times, but it shows a lot of promise as a good long running show.

I saw the trailer for that show, but then never got around to watching it.   On a scale of 1-10, what would you give it?

I'd probably give it a 7 at this point.  I was flipping through the channels when the preview was on.  I stopped on it thinking it was one of those reality shows. Quickly realized it wasn't, and it kept me glued to the end.  Made sure to tune in to the last episode on Tuesday and it kept me watching.

Not many shows manage to get me to do that these days.  The last show I probably made sure I watched on a regular basis was House.

It could even be an 8, don't want to set the bar too high though, I've been known to lose interest after a couple episodes before.  Chicago Fire is one of the recent ones that I just couldn't get into.

I never really watched Chicago Fire either. The only firemen show that I watched was that old one with Dennis Leary. I forget what that one was called though. That show used to be really good

not really into those shows either, but i liked trauma on NBC.
legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Recommend 'Black Mirror' a short series (6 episodes) from the UK about technology and the future.
eh, i'm having a hard time following sherlock.. i fell asleep for a good 15 min, so i missed a big chunk of ep 2.. i think i'll give up on it for now. damn brits.
legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
 Game Of Thrones   (Epic scale, realistic fictional universe, fun, complicated realistic characters)
 Battlestar Galactica (Epic starship fights, engaging plot)
 Orange Is The New Black (Modern, Realistic, Dark, Humorous)
 Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Fun to watch, Progressive, Dramatic)

Star Trek TNG (...)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
CoinBooster Rep
Best shows ever made:

The Wire
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Eastbound & Down

Uhmmm.... Are you my twin? Those are my favorite too <3
i just watched sherlock and there were times when i couldn't understnad a damn thing the brits were saying.
Jump to: