Pages:
Author

Topic: Twitter banned advertising crypto currency - page 3. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 1
Prohibited paid advertising on Twitter. Individuals were not forbidden to retweeted and write messages about the crypto currency. Therefore for us with you, nothing has changed.
I think so too, it's a little stupid and in my opinion illegally to restrict freedom of speech but ultimately will see
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
My twitter profile is officially dead! Cool 2 weeks ago I saw a message on my twitter page, "your account is suspended". I wrote an appeal e-mail and a day later received a verdict that my account will not be recovered, the reasons wasn't called. I participated in a maximum of 2-3 twitter campaigns and all, so,that is strange, I cannot be called a spammer.  Grin I blame hashtag #ICO
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
true, even though that's a fairly complex thing does not mean to be an obstacle for others to review, because otherwise it will lose the stalls to promote and benefit from a certain industrial projects.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
In my opinion thats good move by facebook and twitter too. We don't need newbies lured in by paided ads to disrupt the market orders by no reason
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.

Whatever, but atleast there are some community on forums, also here, where you can find information about projects, if you're interested in some ICO.
Activity: 364
My account works but I think I'm actively involved in bounty companies, but I think it will affect everyone. It's getting harder in the crypto industry.
FPG
Activity: 672
Merit: 258
I do not understand why social networks took such a position. It seems to me that they must support the latest technology and blockchain, rather than hinder it. I'm sad.
Activity: 364
I believe there's something to it… All solid projects can survive with no Google/Twitter ads… Maybe it will help eliminate shady backers/attract more serious investors?... I'm thinking the impact of this ban has been non-existent so far…
Activity: 199
LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.
As far as i know, it is only the advertisement regarding cryptocurrency ttht they are banning but not all crytoccurrency content. You can still post tweet or retweet regarding cryptocurrency.
Activity: 504
Twitter have banned advertising of crypto and ico project, they have allow the other social media like facebook social media and instagram have banned advertising of crypto befor. It will be the hard situation for the dev of ico and the community of bitcoin, it will be have great effect for the bitcoin price it self, where the crypto and bitcoin have low price becuase this effect of banned the advertising of crypto by twitter inc. Will be some day the twitter inc will be removed banned the crypto.
Activity: 378
Twitter made that decision to prevent and minimize the growing problems of fraud in cryptocurrency industry, t makes harder for scammers to take money from noobs.
Activity: 324
very far indeed.I think it's to some extent will reduce the number of investors and participants in the bounty I am absolutely sure of
Activity: 37
Ye and not only twitter but other social media banned crypto, but i still see in my feed some icos and crypto spam, hope it will end someday.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
This is not a good news for all of us. Why there are people trying to do some bad habits to earn. Its a widely developmwnt for twitter to get involved with this issue. Let just be wiser enough to those who are fake twitter campaigns.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
There are many fake ICOs for fraud in Twitter. Twitter only wants to protect users.
I am not angry with Twitter because when it comes time they will remove this ban.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Its positive thing, a good projects doesn't need a big advertisement, people are spreading news about them themselves. All that hell lot of advertisements were needed by scammers who can't sold their projects in other way
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
I can see this affecting bounties in a positive way for people who participate in the signature or facebook/telegram ones.  Now that Twitter has banned active ICO bounty-hunting users I think we'll start seeing bounties being handled differently or with a slightly larger split for the other media types.

That’s if the other social media platforms don’t choose to ban ICO ads as well. This is goig to affect ICOs because their range is going to lessen since they won’t be able to reach twitter. It’s not the end of the world for them however since there are many other ways for them to advertise other than through twitter. I imagine that twitter has done this out of the concern of their users and to prevent any other from getting scammed.
Activity: 259
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
This does not affect the work of cryptocurrencies so I think that this is the most useless action in fact and it would be better not to
Why is that? For them it seems like a good thing, they won't be associated with scam projects any more.
Activity: 196
Twitter’s new policies are designed to discourage opportunities for fraud and deception. They have a point, most of the current ads are a scam and are making 0% positive effects in the Blockchain community. Anyway, this will just help to create more decentralized solutions to the world. The Twitter ban doesn't matter much I think, because most people inside crypto find what they need without ads on Twitter. I think it's positive, it's forcing people to find information elsewhere instead of being pulled into different scams that are advertising regarding there ICO's.
Activity: 210
 It's one of the bad news i read.. But we have to accept the fact if ever it will happen someday. Just get another options if ever they going to banned the twitter in advertising crypto currency.
Pages:
Jump to: