Pages:
Author

Topic: Twitter banned advertising crypto currency - page 5. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 0
It's high time we start listed our ICOs on official Regulatory authority, if this is done their won't be any issue of banned ads on FB and TW.
Anyways, this has not been officially stated, let's keep hoping for the best. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.

The twitter want to get peoples heart by banning the ads to prevent more fraudulent for the sake of peoples.
but there are many ways to promote or advertise ICO, we don't 100% depends on social media.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
I still see ads crypto in some social media even twitter. I'm actually confused this policy so applied or not? If yes maybe there will be a separate course for impact value of crypto. However, the reason for the existence of this policy definitely has its own goals and purpose for the sake of safety and comfort.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
That's sad for twitter users because they can earn money and can support their financial needs. It's good for everyone because they can lessen all the scams bounties here. Fake advertisements will be banned and doubtful projects will be gone.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
dApps Development Automation Platform
It's no problem for the hunters they can keep posting about crypto..As we know today google and facebook banned paid crypto ads twitter also join that..But it has not give a big impact..I think many ICO will still needs bounty hunter for promoted their ICO because they can't paid crypto ads again..
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Makes complete sense why they decided to do this. I feel that the bans by other social media websites like Facebook etc motivated them to take this step. Such bans will obviously affect the price in a small way. This is actually a good thing since the scammers and cheaters won't be able to advertise their coins in an easy manner anymore which would most likely demotivate them. This would help us differentiate between the legit and scam coins much more easily which is why I feel that this is a great step from their side. If you think about it, this move is helping the market in the long run.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
If this is simply information then this topic has been debated many times over already. If this is a query and concern, then it absolutely does not matter, seeing that twitter has never let its users down, and nor have facebook and google. Have faith, and be happy they are looking out for you!
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
Due to the scam coins, they may be right to be afraid of publishing such deceiving ads but anyway, this news (including google,facebook etc.) affects the prices badly more than it should. The ads are banned,so?  Are all the coins scam from now on?
For me, I don't think it would be a big problem if the twitter doesn't advertising cryptocurrency now. Yes, we are worried because there's a new loss for us. But we know that there are many social media accounts that can continue to advertising like the facebook and the youtube account. Also there are many user of it so i think it would be not a big problem
Activity: 113
Due to the scam coins, they may be right to be afraid of publishing such deceiving ads but anyway, this news (including google,facebook etc.) affects the prices badly more than it should. The ads are banned,so?  Are all the coins scam from now on?
Activity: 504
umachit.fund
I'm not angry to Twitter, Facebook and Google. Fraudsters are using these platforms.
These companies only protect customers.

Activity: 151
Merit: 3
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
While the ban has caused a decline in purchasing activities,  it's important that fake stuffs are kicked out of users view. It's like a big dad handling his children.

We need sanity in cryptoverse but it's a pity that centralized institutions are the ones giving us this sanitization.
Activity: 625
Merit: 250
io.ezystayz.com
facebook, google banned crytocurrency ads, now twitter did the same thing. it seems that crytocurrencies isnt supported and people are worried about the future of this market, so they sell their coins, and the market is down..i believe, after all, the market will go up again
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Many experts associate the prohibitions of crypto advertising on Facebook, Google and Twitter with the fall of bitcoin and Ethereum rates. I think there is logic in this statement. I would not say that these prohibitions have a positive impact on the development of crypto.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
I'm not worried about it, it's probably because too many ico appear and end up scam.
I'm afraid if it affects the fall in Bitcoin prices.

These two years are too much ico, but not like the previous year.
Activity: 448
LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.

This isn't new and it is not bad either. It is obvious that due to the scams that are all over the place, it is necessary for the public to be enlightened about Crypto. Till that is done, the ads on ICOs need to be regulated on the Social media platforms to avoid scams.
Activity: 378
Well people who want to invest in crypto currency will invest even if it is not advertised on social media. It could be a good thing
Activity: 491
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
its for our own good, social media is also used to advertise even scam ICO to scam their investors. twitter did a good move to avoid those illegal things. even if they ban advertising crypto currency, that doesnt count as bad image on crypto.
Activity: 392
I am just wondering what are ico developers going to do after all these bans to promote their coins. It is becoming harder and harder to promote coins then. I wish they wouldn't do this, even laws were ok with most projects.
I think that they will be more conferences. Perhaps they will promote through well-known personalities, well-known bloggers, media personalities in videohosting.
Activity: 210
Merit: 16
They have already done it in Facebook and Google, but we don't see any affect I don't think that something terrible has happened.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1

Yes I read this news so,
It was announced on Monday that Twitter will start banning advertise Cryptocurrensy ads. joining other giants techs such as google and facebook in a wider crackdown that aids to protect investors from fraud.

This new policy from twitter will forbid advertisement of Initial Coin Offering (ICOs) and tokens sales globally. And it also said that ICOs has potential risks for users. Its all aim to ensuring the safety of twitter community, through adding a new policy for Twitter Ads relating to Cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: