Pages:
Author

Topic: Twitter banned advertising crypto currency - page 6. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

Well, this is a bad news for us. But it was a contradiction with JACK statement a few weeks ago. He said that "Bitcoin Will Become World’s ‘Single Currency’ Within A Decade" https://cointelegraph.com/news/twitter-ceo-says-bitcoin-will-become-worlds-single-currency-within-a-decad

I thought with that statement he will support all crypto and ICO activity, but it's a shame that the fact today, Twitter will ban crypto ads.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Due to the scam coins, they may be right to be afraid of publishing such deceiving ads but anyway, this news (including google,facebook etc.) affects the prices badly more than it should. The ads are banned,so?  Are all the coins scam from now on?
Activity: 378
Merit: 6
I think it's a good move by twitter following the example of facebook. We really don't need the noobs lured in by paided ads to disrupt the market order by throwing their money blindly to scam ICOs. Cryptos can do better without these people as it's still immature itself.
yes I agree with you. serios projects do not need such type of promotion as been banned. And it makes harder for scammers to take money from noobs.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.
This gives us confidence that there will be less and less fraudulent IСO projects...
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
sometimes the campaign its self is too much. Maybe at least the campaign only contains 2 times a week so it is not much trash in Social Media.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 791
Reward: 10M Shen (Approx. 5000 BNB) Bounty
Twitter is becoming more and more biased with all that censorship. Hopefully, there will be a mass exodus to more uncensored and independent resources like gab.ai some day.
Its following facebook and google decisions, it might help anyway in choosing ICO. For once they banned we can research really what will be much better campaign since twitter been used by many to make some hypes in the market that will soon just lead into a useless coin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
Twitter is becoming more and more biased with all that censorship. Hopefully, there will be a mass exodus to more uncensored and independent resources like gab.ai some day.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
The more prohibitions on bitcoin and cryptocurrency ads but as the community continues to grow it will make more and more curious people, I think ad bans on twitter will not be so important because the important thing is there is no prohibition to make tweets or retweets from ICO or cryptocurrency articles.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
It will probably reduce scam ico's because some ico now are use social media to scam and steal money from investors so Its kind interesting if legit ico's will pay for their project and see that cyrpto currencies may not use for scams investors.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
news like this is often misunderstood by some users, especially newcomers. it does not affect the running of a project, but they are too serious and panic to understand it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
I was kind of excited when the rumours became real since I'm a bounty hunter because I believe our rewards will definitely see an increase now or later
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
I am just wondering what are ico developers going to do after all these bans to promote their coins. It is becoming harder and harder to promote coins then. I wish they wouldn't do this, even laws were ok with most projects.
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
Bad news again...
Merit: 10
I think they only ban advertisements and sponsors for ICO projects, but do not ban ICO articles that bounty hunters often write.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
if its to prevent fraud, then great! this is a good stop for cryptocurrency. It encourages people to actually research the ICOs rather than blindly clicking on an ad. The markets should really go the other way in response to this...
Merit: 2

I don't think that it affects a lot in cryptocurrency industry even though Twitter is one of the biggest social media platform used for advertising . Maybe we should look on the other side , Twitter made that decision to prevent and minimize the growing problems of fraud in cryptocurrency industry. We should be thankful about that but we all know there are some consequences coming.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
in the long run, the ecosystem will benefit from these regulations, as new investors will research and learn more about the projects they are investing.
Activity: 336
Merit: 7
Bad news, but I am not surprised, it was said earlier when google made announcement on banning of cryto ads.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
I don't think that something terrible has happened. They have already done it in Facebook and Google, but we don't see any affect
Latest correction in the crypto currency caused by the news form twitter if crypto related advertisement will be banned. But as long as everyone can still posted about crypto in their timeline and that will be fine.
In fact facebook ban doesn't give a lot of impact at all. But if the project that related to the advertisement will be working for the crypto and it may give a huge impact to the cryptocurrency. But the more countries are interested to become the next ico-friendly countries.
Activity: 167
Merit: 11
They really need to do it because majority of ICO are fraud and only few ICO have a real project and a credible team behind it. It is also good if there is a regulation that will be imposed so that it will minimize the potential scam and only real project will get a fund that needed.
Pages:
Jump to: