Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Coin - Multi-currency Open Source client for Windows - page 11. (Read 53848 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 251
The error on closing the Coin are not fixed. But I have no better computer to test if the problem still persists with more computer resources.
This bug will be fixed only with new DB engine, instead of current SQLite.

Question - appears that the addresses for each cryptocurrency are generated from shared keypair. I generate and label address for Litecoin, new address appears for all other currencies with the same label. Is it feature or bug?
Yes, it is feature. There are no reason to generate separate keys for each currency. They just use different constant during base-58 encoding to get currency-specific first address character.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042
Death to enemies!
The error on closing the Coin are not fixed. But I have no better computer to test if the problem still persists with more computer resources.

Question - appears that the addresses for each cryptocurrency are generated from shared keypair. I generate and label address for Litecoin, new address appears for all other currencies with the same label. Is it feature or bug?
legendary
Death to enemies!
Ufasoft Coin every time gives unhandled exception error when closing Coin main window while downloading and synchronizing chains. I don't know is this caused by bug in program or weak hardware (Pentium4 2.8GHz 512RAM) that takes too long to close client because it trashes like mad due to 512 MB RAM.
It is a bug.
Long time closing because slow Sqlite transaction commit.
The next version will use another fast Database engine.

For now I recommend to use the program with only single enabled currency.
legendary
Death to enemies!
Ufasoft Coin every time gives unhandled exception error when closing Coin main window while downloading and synchronizing chains. I don't know is this caused by bug in program or weak hardware (Pentium4 2.8GHz 512RAM) that takes too long to close client because it trashes like mad due to 512 MB RAM.
i cannot get anything except for PPC and BTC to update blocks. The rest say Block number -1. Help??

IRC server domain irc.lfnet.org not resolved

Substitute irc.lfnet.org to 92.243.23.21 in the file coin-chains.xml.

Or add following line to the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts :
Code:
92.243.23.21 irc.lfnet.org
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
i cannot get anything except for PPC and BTC to update blocks. The rest say Block number -1. Help??
Would you be able to add TRC to this client? It works the same as Bitcoin and would be great to have as an addition!
Some conditions required for currency to be added:
  • Original idea in algorithm (PPC, LTC)
  • New functionality (NMC)
  • Stability of exchange rate to BTC and existence of Exchanges
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Would you be able to add TRC to this client? It works the same as Bitcoin and would be great to have as an addition!

thanks
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
Works great now - Thanks!!!
Rescan bug fixed in the 0.44
Having a problem - for some reason the bitcoin wallet keeps rescanning over and over again - eventually it stops at 0% on the 2nd or 3rd rescan but it is still eating a lot of cpu.
Can you send us your wallet.db for analyzing? (If you don't have any money on it or the wallet is encrypted).
If yes do following:
1. Select only one currency which generates the problem. Disable others.
2. remember number of downloaded blocks (column "Block")
3. Close the program and send the %APPDATA%\Ufasoft\Coin\wallet.db to [email protected]

Sent as requested..  Thanks!
Having a problem - for some reason the bitcoin wallet keeps rescanning over and over again - eventually it stops at 0% on the 2nd or 3rd rescan but it is still eating a lot of cpu.
Can you send us your wallet.db for analyzing? (If you don't have any money on it or the wallet is encrypted).
If yes do following:
1. Select only one currency which generates the problem. Disable others.
2. remember number of downloaded blocks (column "Block")
3. Close the program and send the %APPDATA%\Ufasoft\Coin\wallet.db to [email protected]
Hi!

Any suggestions?  I was able to pack the database even while the rescan was going on but that did not help.
Cant compile here.. "coin" lacks all files under "properties".. but i am using VS2010 here - yet that shouldnt pose a problem. Any idea what may cause that?
It is possible to build under VS2010.
Please contact me at [email protected]
Activity: 700
Merit: 507
Cant compile here.. "coin" lacks all files under "properties".. but i am using VS2010 here - yet that shouldnt pose a problem. Any idea what may cause that?
If i try to install a previous version of coin, will that help or cause a problem?
No, prev version will not help.

The bug already fixed in source code. Will be released in 2 days
Pages:
Jump to: