Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Coin - Multi-currency Open Source client for Windows - page 13. (Read 53848 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Incredible, we might finally have cause to support namecoin gambling Cheesy

Will you support bitcoin uri links ? and litecoin/ namecoin as well ?
We feel that ease of use will help any currencies adoption, this wallet has the potential to widen alt coin support, very very nice work.

Downloading to test now.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
any update? I got hundreds of NMC sitting in a client that won't update.
We are hardly working on DB size optimization.
Next version will be released on this/next week with high probability
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
any update? I got hundreds of NMC sitting in a client that won't update.
copper member
Hiya, Using it now, I got NMC to block 65235 (69days ago) it's stopped there for about 11 hours, done a rescan, still nothing, 3 peers showing.

Also I noticed the address in address book is the same for all currency's, how does it tell what currency I am using it for?
E.G. if i recieved BTC and NMC using the same address what will happen?

EDIT - actually all the addresses are different, But i still have my NMC problem.
We know the problem. 0.35 will fix it soon
copper member
Hiya, Using it now, I got NMC to block 65235 (69days ago) it's stopped there for about 11 hours, done a rescan, still nothing, 3 peers showing.

Also I noticed the address in address book is the same for all currency's, how does it tell what currency I am using it for?
E.G. if i recieved BTC and NMC using the same address what will happen?

EDIT - actually all the addresses are different, But i still have my NMC problem.
By the way, does it act as a full bitcoin node?
Yes
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Nice job on this client!
By the way, does it act as a full bitcoin node?
But are you saying that the wallet.dat file format used by the bitcoinqt client is closed source?
It is Open Source, but uses BerkeleyDB engine, big component.
Probably future version of UfasoftCoin will contain BerkeleyDB and Wallet.dat Export support
Activity: 471
Merit: 256

My concern is being able to back up my wallet in the same format as the default client. If this can be done, please let us know. I don't care if I have to use third party software to export as long as I can export it in the same format.

Some text format should be common for all clients' Export/Import.
But it still not standardized by Bitcoin dev team.

That would be nice.
But are you saying that the wallet.dat file format used by the bitcoinqt client is closed source?

My concern is being able to back up my wallet in the same format as the default client. If this can be done, please let us know. I don't care if I have to use third party software to export as long as I can export it in the same format.

Some text format should be common for all clients' Export/Import.
But it still not standardized by Bitcoin dev team.
What's with the weird wallet files types? I can see a way to import a regular wallet.dat but what about exporting?
The client does not use BerkeleyDB library.  The Import made on tiny BDB-parser.

I'd love to switch over to your wallet program because of the interface. Not all of us know everything about database software so unfortunately this answer means nothing to me. A google search for "tiny BDB-parser" returns this thread as the first result so... my question remains.

What's with the weird wallet files types? I can see a way to import a regular wallet.dat but what about exporting?
The client does not use BerkeleyDB library.  The Import made on tiny BDB-parser.
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
To the OP: Why haven't you responded to the open source question?
Responded here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.696696
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Not open source, do not want.

To the OP: Why haven't you responded to the open source question?

To everyone else: Are there any other clients out there like this one?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Should be made open source before anyone touches it. Anything to do with bitcoin really does need full transparency.
Version 0.30 released.
Pages:
Jump to: