Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Coin - Multi-currency Open Source client for Windows - page 9. (Read 53798 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Just mining my own business...
coin-miner.exe,  miner.dll, usft_ext.dll, phatk.cl, coinutil.dll, phatk.ptx, btc.il, btc-evergreen.il,
openssl.dll

Thanks!  However, I found that coin-miner.exe,  miner.dll, usft_ext.dll, and coinutil.dll were all I needed to mine LTC (LP) by running 'coin-miner -h' until it quit complaining that a dll was missing.  I'm getting accepted shares, so it SEEMS to be working Smiley  Not keeping a wallet here, mind you, just exploiting the extra cpu cycles (gpu isn't compatable, an Intel 3000).  I use the wallet at home, though.

Thanks for the response!
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
What files are needed just to run the miner? (we aren't supposed to install apps on our work machines so it's best if it runs from a random directory). Thx!
coin-miner.exe,  miner.dll, usft_ext.dll, phatk.cl, coinutil.dll, phatk.ptx, btc.il, btc-evergreen.il,
openssl.dll
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Just mining my own business...
You may be interested to hear this: I was using minerd at work (shhh Smiley to get a little extra hash in my pool but the antivirus software went after it with a vengeance! Then I remembered that Coin has coin-miner with it and now I'm able to use all those extra cycles again Smiley.

What files are needed just to run the miner? (we aren't supposed to install apps on our work machines so it's best if it runs from a random directory). Thx!
Can't the many operations be combined into one transaction though?  It really is so bad with the thrashing that it is currently unusable for me. 
They are combined to one transaction for every block.
Even more: many transactions are combined to groups by nested transactions and SQLite used in Unsafe but Fast mode for BlockChain:
Code:
PRAGMA journal_mode=wal
PRAGMA synchronous=off

The only thing which improves SQLite performance is Page Cache Size. Probably we will release yet one version for SQLite with larger page cache before new DB Engine.

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
BlockChain saved to the DB in normalized form. It results many file I/O operations.

Can't the many operations be combined into one transaction though?  It really is so bad with the thrashing that it is currently unusable for me. 

Guess I will see soon if the new db helps.
BlockChain saved to the DB in normalized form. It results many file I/O operations.

Database directory can be changed by %COIN_APPDATA% environment variable.

SQLigtenging was tried as experimental DB backend. But we have found better solution (will be released soon).
Activity: 574
Merit: 250

I tried this out, however it thrashes my drive constantly while download the blockchain.

Is it trying to flush things every block or something?  I would think since this data can just be refetched, it would make since to add buffering here.

It would be nice to have the dns proxy pick up the currently in use servers, instead of defaulting to telling Google every name we look up.

Does this fully implement the Proof of Stake coin mining of stake?

Would be nice to see a single key import from vanitygen for example.  Message signing would also
be nice.

How about a portable version, or at least let us place the data files elsewhere then %Appdata%.  Also
it would be nice to have the  blockchain data in the Public area instead of the Users so it can be shared.

Since it is commonly merge mined,  ixcoin support would be nice.

Ufasoft Coin every time gives unhandled exception error when closing Coin main window while downloading and synchronizing chains. I don't know is this caused by bug in program or weak hardware (Pentium4 2.8GHz 512RAM) that takes too long to close client because it trashes like mad due to 512 MB RAM.
It is a bug.
Long time closing because slow Sqlite transaction commit.
The next version will use another fast Database engine.

For now I recommend to use the program with only single enabled currency.

SQLightning may work as a drop in replacement.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I think .NET support is not enough. WPF requires some support from Graphics drivers.

the examples are working so far (according to test results)
I think .NET support is not enough. WPF requires some support from Graphics drivers.
legendary
/dev/null
if it dosnt work native, just use WINE (but not for mining of course)
WINE does not support WPF, used by Coin.exe
it is, atleast in .NET 3/4
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2586
WINE does not support WPF, used by Coin.exe
legendary
/dev/null
So... I had been looking for a multi-currency client and found this very interesting project. Downloaded source, created linux RPMs, installed it, started coind - WHAM, Segfault. Next attempt fails with SQLite error message because wallet.db is an empty file.

Platform is openSUSE-12.3 x86_64 . I had to patch a few things to get it built without errors (and quite a few more to get it built on i586 as well!).
See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ufasoft_coin&project=home%3Ap_conrad for details. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bytecoin?
After it will stand the test of time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
created linux RPMs, installed it, started coind - WHAM, Segfault. Next attempt fails with SQLite error message because wallet.db is an empty file.
The project was tested only under Windows.
Under Linux only compatibility with GCC was tested.

After all planned features will be implemented then we will test it under Linux.

Thank you for suggested Patches. I hope they will be useful during porting code to Linux.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
So... I had been looking for a multi-currency client and found this very interesting project. Downloaded source, created linux RPMs, installed it, started coind - WHAM, Segfault. Next attempt fails with SQLite error message because wallet.db is an empty file.

Platform is openSUSE-12.3 x86_64 . I had to patch a few things to get it built without errors (and quite a few more to get it built on i586 as well!).
See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ufasoft_coin&project=home%3Ap_conrad for details. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
MysteryMiner, it seems that there are no corresponding private key in your wallet. Roll Eyes
Ufasoft Coin client shares private keys between all currencies, but SatoshiDice does not.

So if MysteryMiner accidentally sent NVC transaction to SatoshiDice's  BTC public key (address string is hash of only PublicKey without currency Letter"), so theoretically SatoshiDice able to return these NVCes.

Fascinating, We shall have to try your wallet Cheesy It does seem an match made in heaven for our site.
I think that this should be called "AnyCoin" Roll Eyes Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
MysteryMiner, it seems that there are no corresponding private key in your wallet. Roll Eyes
Ufasoft Coin client shares private keys between all currencies, but SatoshiDice does not.

So if MysteryMiner accidentally sent NVC transaction to SatoshiDice's  BTC public key (address string is hash of only PublicKey without currency Letter"), so theoretically SatoshiDice able to return these NVCes.

Fascinating, We shall have to try your wallet Cheesy It does seem an match made in heaven for our site.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
We do not own either address unfortunately, I shall ask Balthazar for his input on this - he is a very helpful dev.
I think if you import private key for BTC address to NVC wallet, you will own corresponding address and be able to control these money.

Thanks for the suggestion, we shall trial this later, messing with our hot wallets is not something we do lightly.
Pages:
Jump to: