Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Coin - Multi-currency Open Source client for Windows - page 8. (Read 53798 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 251
It seems that Coin uses the same private key to generate addresses for different currencies. Am I correct?
Yes. It shares keys between currencies.

How can I restrict Coin to use a different private key for different currency?

How can I delete these by-product addresses ("L_addr1" & "N_addr2") that I do not wish to use?
(or rather just not shown in the interface, in case I accidentally used it when I have 4 or 5 currencies in Coin)

If I were to sent some funds, does the Coin interface allow me to choose which address to send from?
(assume I have multiple addresses in that particular currency)

No way to delete PrivateKeys (it is dangerous anyway, you can lost money owned by that key).
When you are spending money they selected automatically.
We know about a problem in current version. It does not select random new key for accepting change of SendMoney operation. It lowers level of anonimity and will be fixed soon.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
So sorry Ufasoft... I have some more questions...

It seems that Coin uses the same private key to generate addresses for different currencies. Am I correct?

When I first started Coin, it generated "privkey1" and since I used NMC initially, it gave me "N_addr1" based on "privkey1".
Then I try to use LTC on it and Coin gave me "L_addr1", a different address but based on "privkey1".
(I looked inside the backup wallet xml file)

I would prefer to use a different private key for different currencies, so...
I generate a new address for LTC and Coin gave me "L_addr2" based on a new "privkey2".
Everything is fine... except I also get an unwanted "N_addr2" based on the new "privkey2"!

My questions are:

How can I restrict Coin to use a different private key for different currency?

How can I delete these by-product addresses ("L_addr1" & "N_addr2") that I do not wish to use?
(or rather just not shown in the interface, in case I accidentally used it when I have 4 or 5 currencies in Coin)

If I were to sent some funds, does the Coin interface allow me to choose which address to send from?
(assume I have multiple addresses in that particular currency)

Thanks so much Smiley

legendary
If you want to pause just disable the Currency via "Currency" menu

Got it! Thanks for the quick reply

How can I make Coin show full 8 decimal places? Currently it is only showing 4 decimal places of my NMC balance
(eg. 0.1234)
Next release will show 8 digits. An year ago .0001 seemed enough precision.

Can it also show some sort of status message when it is downloading blocks?
(eg. Downloading 1173xx of 117390 NameCoin Blocks)
and a pause button to stop download while I need the CPU power to do somthing else for a short while?
When you see "... days ago it means BlockChain downloading".
If you want to pause just disable the Currency via "Currency" menu

legendary
How can I make Coin show full 8 decimal places? Currently it is only showing 4 decimal places of my NMC balance
(eg. 0.1234)

Can it also show some sort of status message when it is downloading blocks?
(eg. Downloading 1173xx of 117390 NameCoin Blocks)

and a pause button to stop download while I need the CPU power to do somthing else for a short while?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Did I say something wrong?
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
But yes backup! It should be in users/appdata/roaming

SARCASM BELOW
and as a note to newbies: always rememember to enable file sharing first and put your backup of wallet.dat in your shared files folder. this is an essential step to sharing your backed up wallet with your new installation.  Wink
legendary
But yes backup! It should be in users/appdata/roaming
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
Yes your data is stored separately.

That worked!

Thank you for the advice!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I just saw that version .62 was posted in your files - will that version work on win 7 x64?
It is source code.
There is still one CRASH-bug present. We cannot release Windows Binary until it will be fixed.

Can i uninstall .61 and reinstall earlier version without loosing my wallets?

Rob
wrong question, always have a backup of your wallet!
legendary
Yes your data is stored separately.
I just saw that version .62 was posted in your files - will that version work on win 7 x64?
It is source code.
There is still one CRASH-bug present. We cannot release Windows Binary until it will be fixed.

Can i uninstall .61 and reinstall earlier version without loosing my wallets?

Rob
It is source code.

I really need a fix as i cannot access download the bitcoin blockchain without errors with the .61 version and therefore cannot access my coins to use them.

Thanks!

legendary
Thanks! Just downloaded and testing for NMC. Client looks promising, keep up the good work!
0.61 released:

DevCoin support
New fast DB
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Can YAC be added ?
Yes, when many people will use it
Activity: 434