Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 8. (Read 630787 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
The installer cannot be ran in Windows 8 because of Windows SmartScreen, which cannot be fully disabled.

Additionally, if 7zip is used to unzip the installer, Windows 8 deletes the unzipped files and then informs you that SmartScreen has protected you from what you want.

To get the files out of the archive in Windows 8, you have to open the archive in 7zip, browse into the "coin" folder, and then drag and drop the files out of the archive into a folder on your destination media.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I am glad to help Wink
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
Accepted: 0, average: 0 shares/min

why i see here accepted: 0 is this normal or some bug?
does he really accept shares or no ?
It is bug, accepted-counter is not incremented.
Really the shares accepted at the Pool.

Thank you, will be fixed in next release.
Activity: 22
What means
New Stratum data with Clean
12/23/2012 5:43:28 AM Result: b889f31c accepted
12/23/2012 5:45:22 AM Result: 2116cc65 accepted

Processed: 2598 Mhash, 149 s with average Rate: 10.63707 MHash/s
Accepted: 0, average: 0 shares/min

why i see here accepted: 0 is this normal or some bug?
does he really accept shares or no ?
0.39 released.
http://ufasoft.com/coin

ADDED:
  BIP22 protocol support
  Stratum protocol support.
If you don't believe that the data can be compressed due to its being of encrypted data, try compressing the blocks you already have downloaded as a proof of concept.  Though I may have read my data wrong on the exact amount of space saved by which type of coin, it's still a significant amount of space saved by simple compression.  Just look at the results for yourself.  That's all I'm asking.

Let me explain:
One block is incomressible.
But if we download 100 000 blocks, they will have much duplicated data, so entire database is compressible.
Coin.exe does "Database normalization", if removes duplicated data during saving of blocks.

So we can compress blockchain download only when downloading entire blockchain as single file.
But P2P clients should update their databases block-by-block. In this case updates are not compressible.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

That would be true if the block data weren't mostly plain text.  However, even using NTFS compression on the data causes the downloaded blocks to compress to less than 1/3 of their original size.  It's when it's utilizing characters outside of plain text that compression becomes difficult.   Wink
Block data of Bitcoin protocol is not a Plain Text. It is Binary.

Mining protocol is text JSON-RPC, but for mining we already have Stratum protocol to lower Internet Traffic.
I'm not talking about the mining transport protocol.  I'm talking about the block download traffic of already solved blocks that need to be downloaded any time someone starts a new bitcoin tracking program such as Coin.exe.  Bitcoin has been around for over a year and with several blocks being solved each day, there are several GB of block data that must be downloaded to be up-to-date to the current block.  And, while the Stratum protocol only sends JSON messages for block updates, it can be significantly compressed upon transport so that over three times as much data on previous blocks can be sent at any given point in time.  This will help Bitcoin to become the truly universal currency that it was intended to be by cutting down on the required time and bandwidth required to be up-to-date for new Bitcoin users.

If you don't believe that the data can be compressed due to its being of encrypted data, try compressing the blocks you already have downloaded as a proof of concept.  Though I may have read my data wrong on the exact amount of space saved by which type of coin, it's still a significant amount of space saved by simple compression.  Just look at the results for yourself.  That's all I'm asking.

Here, look at this to see what I'm talking about:  http://web-resource-optimization.blogspot.com/2011/06/json-compression-algorithms.html

That would be true if the block data weren't mostly plain text.  However, even using NTFS compression on the data causes the downloaded blocks to compress to less than 1/3 of their original size.  It's when it's utilizing characters outside of plain text that compression becomes difficult.   Wink
Block data of Bitcoin protocol is not a Plain Text. It is Binary.

Mining protocol is text JSON-RPC, but for mining we already have Stratum protocol to lower Internet Traffic.
Hey, a small request for an extremely handy feature addition here.  Maybe you could implement a packet compression algorithm like gz to send and receive blocks much quicker.  I've been stuck at about 264 days for a few
Block data  are uncompressible because composed of pubkeys/hash-values. They have very high level of information entropy
That would be true if the block data weren't mostly plain text.  However, even using NTFS compression on the data causes the downloaded blocks to compress to less than 1/3 of their original size.  It's when it's utilizing characters outside of plain text that compression becomes difficult.   Wink

Give it a try via a VPN or something if you like.  It might be easier than programming the transport compression into Ufasoft's Coin program.  However, the efficiency would be greatly increased if this function were included to reduce the plain text into other characters via compression.  The gz algorithm is tried and true for HTTP sessions, it could be of significant use.  Alternatively, there's the PPMD compression algorithm, but it's not really meant for quick packet compression and decompression.  Though, it would see the greatest benefits as far as packet size is concerned.
Hey, a small request for an extremely handy feature addition here.  Maybe you could implement a packet compression algorithm like gz to send and receive blocks much quicker.  I've been stuck at about 264 days for a few
Block data  are uncompressible because composed of pubkeys/hash-values. They have very high level of information entropy
Hey, a small request for an extremely handy feature addition here.  Maybe you could implement a packet compression algorithm like gz to send and receive blocks much quicker.  I've been stuck at about 264 days for a few days now and block downloads are taking forever and a day.  It's one thing to compress the database (which causes a dramatic increase in data space used while doing so resulting in a self-defeat), but packets need to be transmitted a little faster.  It wouldn't be too difficult to implement a check to see if it is supported by other connected software.  And maybe compressing the database on-the-fly continuously could be helpful so as to avoid significant space requirements and time to do so.

Thanks!
Activity: 56
Is there a way to make this undetectable by virus scanners?  I can get it to work when I disable my virus scanners but I really don't like running my machine without them.

EDIT - Nevermind, I took a hexedit to the miner.dll and now symantec doesn't have a shitfit.
Activity: 59
Hi, I was only able to download an application extension. I am not certain what I did wrong. Did you maybe give me the wrong link. I do not have a program on my computer to open what I downloaded.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I only have a cpu machine. Is this a good miner for a cpu machine, or would you recommend another? I am still in the initial download. Do I need to wait until total download is complete before I can mine. Is anyone using this miner with the mining pools, or is it a solo miner? I was working with 50btc pool. They gave me a link to this miner and said it would work best with my machine. I hope they are correct with the gui I get less than one hundred khash.
Thanks
dont mine solo with a CPU, CPU are obsolete. the fastest CPUminer is https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer/
Activity: 59
I only have a cpu machine. Is this a good miner for a cpu machine, or would you recommend another? I am still in the initial download. Do I need to wait until total download is complete before I can mine. Is anyone using this miner with the mining pools, or is it a solo miner? I was working with 50btc pool. They gave me a link to this miner and said it would work best with my machine. I hope they are correct with the gui I get less than one hundred khash.
Thanks
how does this compare to Cgminer or BFGminer nowadays?
CGMiner's usability and performance is better.
But this miner has simpler code and good for experiments.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
how does this compare to Cgminer or BFGminer nowadays?
Activity: 458
beast at work
ok, so it`s suppose to be user friendly.

tkx for the information ultrasoft, i`ll give it a try
is it me or we are talking about different things ... from OP I can download only ufasoft_coin_0.36.exe which IS an installer.
Yes, it is Installer. But you can unpack it by 7-Zip as usual archive.
And then run coin-miner.exe (some DLLs required in the same directory)

Activity: 458
beast at work
indeed, my mistake Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: