Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 9. (Read 630787 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
bitcoin-miner.exe is no installer!

is it me or we are talking about different things ... from OP I can download only ufasoft_coin_0.36.exe which IS an installer.

i`ll refrain myself from using your miner for now.

cheers
i cant talk about this one, u have to wait for ufasoft to answer Wink
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work

is it me or we are talking about different things ... from OP I can download only ufasoft_coin_0.36.exe which IS an installer.

i`ll refrain myself from using your miner for now.

cheers
legendary
/dev/null
my definition of portable software doesn`t involve any installer.

actually, why do you use one ?
beast at work
my definition of portable software doesn`t involve any installer.

actually, why do you use one ?
legendary
/dev/null
sorry, but I don`t see the portable windows version
winblows works fine without any additional dlls. so its portable already
beast at work
sorry, but I don`t see the portable windows version
legendary
/dev/null
any change for a portable version (no installer) ?
take a look at first post or my signature.
beast at work
any change for a portable version (no installer) ?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
I just updated it, thanks for poking me Smiley
legendary
/dev/null
ufasoft, any chance to implement Stratum protocol to the miner? cgminer 2.8.0 supports it, so there's already reference implementation in C. I see tons of ufasoft miners on my pool and native stratum support would be benefical for everybody.

Don't hesitate to join #stratum IRC channel and ask to anything, there are always people willing to help you.
just wanna remind you to update your site (http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining), the "compatible miners" section Wink

greetings
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
ufasoft, any chance to implement Stratum protocol to the miner? cgminer 2.8.0 supports it, so there's already reference implementation in C. I see tons of ufasoft miners on my pool and native stratum support would be benefical for everybody.

Don't hesitate to join #stratum IRC channel and ask to anything, there are always people willing to help you.
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Thanks I just switched to bitminter and everything works great..  But I may be back to square one when the ASICs I ordered arrive.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
Yes I did mean ubuntu 12.04 not Linux.  I gave up and installed Windows XP on that machine to see if that would be easier... I suppose I'm further along in the process Can anyone suggest how I might get started mining with my single?  I don't care which program I use so long as it works..

Can you provide SSH access to your Linux with BFL Single connected?
I will build and run the miner to detect posible problems.
Yes I did mean ubuntu 12.04 not Linux.  I gave up and installed Windows XP on that machine to see if that would be easier... I suppose I'm further along in the process but i've had to re-install windows already after screwing up the system with all the extra .dll's I've had to find to get the various miners I've been trying to work.  Ufasoft seems to crash on my machine, and search as I may I still can't figure out what the exact command line is for starting coin-miner.exe with a bitforce single (I've signed up to a pool)... When I use the syntax previously mentioned, I get an error message, then the program crashes when I try and restart until I reboot..

arr, this is very very frustrating!   6 hours straight trying to get this to work and nothing but the loud sound of the fan on my single working.

Can anyone suggest how I might get started mining with my single?  I don't care which program I use so long as it works..

legendary
/dev/null
Forgive me but I'm a complete newb and after an hour going through this thread I'm still very lost..

I've just received a BFL SHA256 Single, have a laptop with linux 12.04 ready to go.  Could someone please explain: What are the steps I need to take to start mining? How do I install and run the ufasoft miner, which pool is easiest to join etc?  I'm hoping someone can post a series of steps I can take and be up and running today.  

Thanks for any help!

simple answer, read the forums, thats why they exist!
as pool recommendation: EclipseMC

EDIT: u mean ubuntu 12.04 not linux 12.04. this is a completely different thing!
Forgive me but I'm a complete newb and after an hour going through this thread I'm still very lost..

I've just received a BFL SHA256 Single, have a laptop with linux 12.04 ready to go.  Could someone please explain: What are the steps I need to take to start mining? How do I install and run the ufasoft miner, which pool is easiest to join etc?  I'm hoping someone can post a series of steps I can take and be up and running today. 

Thanks for any help!
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I did this, also installed 2.3 version of AMD APP SDK but i received the following exception at the debugger while trying to run with ATi card.

Unhandled exception at 0x74F3B760 (KernelBase.dll) in bitcoin-miner.exe: 0xC06D007E: Module not found (parameters: 0x0025EEDC).
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
@senseless
can you please upload the project somewhere and post the link?  Smiley

In VS2012 it was pretty. Simple you just need to make sure you have the right version of amd app installed.. Then to fix the linker problems for the cuda stuff you need to add an existing file; in this case... gpu-cuda.cpp file to the project. Then just place it with the other gpu- files. Should compile fine.

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
@senseless
can you please upload the project somewhere and post the link?  Smiley
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

Switched to AMD APP 2.3 and everything compiling fine on opencl now.

the gpu-cuda.cpp file is not added by default under the "GPU Support" (for VS) with current source tree. If anyone is getting linking errors that they can't figure out where they're coming from. Make sure that gpu-cuda.cpp is included in your tree before building.

Pages:
Jump to: