Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 4. (Read 630787 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 251
How would one go about adding them in the RCDATA?
You should have following lines in the .rc file:
Code:
PHATK.CL                RCDATA            "phatk.cl"
SCRYPT.CL RCDATA "scrypt.cl"
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Bitcoin = Money for the people, by the people.
I noticed that the resource/RCDATA also contains some CUDA code from poclbm and some other code from Phoenix miner?
When I compile with GPU enabled, it won't seem to add those..
CUDA is disabled by default now because NVIDIA supports OpenCL. OpenCL is common portable language for all parallel platforms.

Please add following define to u-config.h
Code:
#define UCFG_BITCOIN_USE_RESOURCE 0
It means to use external files (from the same directory as .EXE) instead of RCDATA. It is simpler.

Hi,
How would one go about adding them in the RCDATA?
I noticed that the resource/RCDATA also contains some CUDA code from poclbm and some other code from Phoenix miner?
CUDA is disabled by default now because NVIDIA supports OpenCL. OpenCL is common portable language for all parallel platforms.

Please add following define to u-config.h
Code:
#define UCFG_BITCOIN_USE_RESOURCE 0
It means to use external files (from the same directory as .EXE) instead of RCDATA. It is simpler.
By the looks of it, it seems a lot like linux-only? Is there a windows alternative?
It is not linux-only.  Use any Common Lisp interpreter to generate .il from .lisp files.

BTW OpenCL gives better ferformance that this IL
IL was useful for old generation of Radeons without OpenCL support, HD3XXX...

Hmmm, very strange.

It tries to start a OpenCL miner, but crashes :/ I'm using the OpenCL libs from CUDA v4.2 and their includes.

Tips/ideas? I have been fiddling with your source for quite some time, I have spend uncountable hours trying to compile this thing, worked late nights and always went to sleep while thinking that the next day I wil get it working. And I'm close, I can feel it! I'm just stuck on this error when running: "ERROR 8000715: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file" or something like that (it's translated).

I admire your work, you can tell that you're very dedicated to this project. Good job!
By the looks of it, it seems a lot like linux-only? Is there a windows alternative?
It is not linux-only.  Use any Common Lisp interpreter to generate .il from .lisp files.

BTW OpenCL gives better ferformance that this IL
IL was useful for old generation of Radeons without OpenCL support, HD3XXX...
Hi,

I noticed that there is a lot of RCData in the binaries.

Yet, when I compile my GPU-enabled binaries I get an empty RCData section?

I noticed that there are some pre-build event labelled "Generating AMD IL CODE" which is disabled by default:
Code:
..\util\lisp gen-btc-gpu.lisp nil >obj/btc.il
..\util\lisp gen-btc-gpu.lisp evergeen >obj/btc-evergreen.il

I'm pretty sure that generated the il_cs_2_0 & for Evergreen and later GPU's

I would like to report a bug in UfaSoft miner 0.73.
Fixed in the 0.75 (October 17 build).
Thank you
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi!

I would like to report a bug in UfaSoft miner 0.73.
On Win7 64bit it crashes and disappears when network configuration is changed - in my case, when MS Windows VPN connection is switched ON/OFF.
Here is console output for this issue:
coin-miner 0.73  Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Ufasoft  http://ufasoft.com/coin
Mining for http://pit.deepbit.net:8332
Using GPU GeForce GTX 280
Switching to http://f1.deepbit.net:8332
50.2 MHash/s                           1 GPU GeForce GTX 280                  Best Hash: 000000001ddfc903823faebb913266f38cb5aa0bddf17d061815238036ce8b1e
10/3/2013 6:01:43 AM Result: 36ce8b1e rejected
10/3/2013 6:02:09 AM Result: 4098e0ce accepted
10/3/2013 6:02:40 AM Result: eefe703a accepted
Error 80072EE2:  The operation timed out GPU GeForce GTX 280

Switching to http://f2.deepbit.net:8332
Error 80004005:  Unspecified error
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
nope, still cant compile Sad
Code:
~/ufasoft_coin-0.66$ make
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I coin/inc -I coin/miner -pthread   -Wno-invalid-offsetof  -g -O2 -std=c++0x -c el/ext.h
el/ext.h:12:9: warning: #pragma once in main file [enabled by default]
In file included from ./el/libext/ext-cpp.h:1102:0,
                 from ./el/libext.h:1433,
                 from el/ext.h:18:
./el/libext/ext-fw.h: In member function 'int Ext::MemoryMappedFile::GetHandle()':
This error on x64 systems is fixed in the http://ufasoft.com/files/ufasoft_coin-0.68.tar.xz
Thank you.
if i exit it with CTRL + C, it stops mining and prints the usual infos when exiting, but the program is deadlocking/smiliar and dosnt quit, have to kill it manually.

released new binarys Wink
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Life!  And thanks for the update.
Code:
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I coin/inc -I coin/miner -pthread   -Wno-invalid-offsetof  -g -O2 -std=c++0x -c el/ext.h
./el/libext/ext-fw.h: In member function 'int Ext::MemoryMappedFile::GetHandle()':
This error on x64 systems is fixed in the http://ufasoft.com/files/ufasoft_coin-0.68.tar.xz
Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
why would you say that?
I guess this thread is dead? Sad
Does anyone know about the Intensity switch and why it doesn't really seem to do anything?  Or am I using it wrong?
Does the intensity setting (-I) do anything?  I am mining on a GeForce 8700M and I get 6 MH/s, but desktop graphics lag badly.  I tried -10 to 10 and there's no change in responsiveness.  It's the same with other PCs with more powerful GPUs (GeForce GTx 660).

Anything I can do to reduce the mining intensity so I can continue to use the computer while mining?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I see you had used old version 0.29.
The latest is 0.66 with many bugs fixed
Wow that's true, anyway i downloaded from here:
http://darkgamex.ch/ufasoft/
teorically the last one i downloaded is marked as 0.32.
Any more compiled Linux version?

Oh yeah by the way, I CAN use it ^^ just i've to execute the binary file, not the SH... but I only can mine with SHA256, not with Scrypt algorithm... so Litecoins and another cryptocurencys i'm not able to mine it
i stoped creating new builds as compiling failed and ufasoft didnt answer, il look at it now again Wink

EDIT:
Code:
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I coin/inc -I coin/miner -pthread   -Wno-invalid-offsetof  -g -O2 -std=c++0x -c el/ext.h
./el/libext/ext-fw.h:526:60: error: cast from 'Ext::HANDLE {aka void*}' to 'int' loses precision [-fpermissive]
make: *** [el/ext.h.gch] Error 1

make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/k1773r/ufasoft_coin-0.66'
  CXX      coin/miner/bitcoin-miner.o
  CXX      coin/miner/bitcoin-sha256.o
  CXX      coin/util/util.o
  CXX      coin/miner/miner.o
  CXX      coin/miner/stratum-client.o
  CXX      coin/miner/serial-device.o
  CXX      coin/miner/miner-bitforce.o
  CXX      coin/miner/miner-fpga-modminer.o
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I coin/inc -I coin/miner -pthread   -Wno-invalid-offsetof  -g -O2 -std=c++0x -c -msse2 -o coin/miner/bitcoin-sha256-x86x64.o coin/miner/bitcoin-sha256-x86x64.cpp
  CXX      coin/miner/miner-opencl.o
In file included from coin/miner/miner-opencl.cpp:11:0:
./el/comp/ext-opencl.h:19:3: error: #error OpenCL 1.2 or later version is required
coin/miner/miner-opencl.cpp: In constructor 'Coin::OpenclMiner::OpenclMiner(Coin::BitcoinMiner&, const Ext::Cl::Device&, const Ext::ConstBuf&)':
coin/miner/miner-opencl.cpp:176:8: error: 'CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [coin/miner/miner-opencl.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/k1773r/ufasoft_coin-0.66'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Activity: 60
Wow that's true, anyway i downloaded from here:
http://darkgamex.ch/ufasoft/
teorically the last one i downloaded is marked as 0.32.
Any more compiled Linux version?

Oh yeah by the way, I CAN use it ^^ just i've to execute the binary file, not the SH... but I only can mine with SHA256, not with Scrypt algorithm... so Litecoins and another cryptocurencys i'm not able to mine it
Activity: 60
Hi people!
some months ago i started mining bitcoins on GNU/Linux, under Debian, and i used Ufasoft's Bitcoin-miner. It was for me the best mining soft, because i reached with it, on a Phenom x6 with a Geforce 9400GT, 15MHash/s (maximum, with 100% CPU use).
On other computers i've got, i tried to execute that soft, but on all of them i get the same error: Segmentation fault. Those computers are: a Intel Centrino, a Celeron, a Pentium 4 (with intel GPUs, so i know i'm not going to obtain lot o hashrate with them but.,..), and a Athlon 64 with an integrated Geforce 6150SE.
So i thought that error was because that mining soft doesn't allow single-core CPUs...
but some days ago i messed up my debian (on my main 6-cores AMD Phenom) and i installed Linux Mint. And i also get the same problem!!! Segmentation Fault!
For example, that's the command-line order and the segfault on a netbook with a Centrino:

david@Lubuntu-PortatilAcer:~/Escritorio/min3$ sh run.sh
/home/david/Escritorio/min3/bin/bitcoin-miner -a 60 -g yes -o http://eu.eclipsemc.com:8337 -t 1 -u k1773r_test -p foobar -l yes
bitcoin-miner 0.29  Copyright (c) 2012 Ufasoft  http://ufasoft.com/open/bitcoin
Mining for http://eu.eclipsemc.com:8337
Using CPU (1 threads)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

On that computer i also get a core dumped fail.
So on the phenom ii x6 i can run another mining soft... but UFasoft's was the best! The only two programs i been able to run were Cpuminer (minerd) and Cgminer.
Cpuminer: i can mine with 100% cpu (6 cores) at 6/7 MH/s.
Cgminer: i can mine with my GPU at 3/4MH/s, with my system very lagged.
So as you can see Ufasoft's Miner was giving to me the best results!!!

So i ask if somebody knows how to fix the Ufasoft's mining soft problem... i really appreciate it ^^!!
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
I can confirm this actually - same environment - win 7 x64.

The error message is an not enough memory to perform this task or something similar.  Once the blockchain finally got caught up i am not seeing it as much - but in task manager it appears it continues to consume memory slowly over time - but has not corrupted the data.

Also occassionally i have to stop and restart it to get it to post a transaction to the network.

anyway - fwiw...
Pages:
Jump to: