Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 5. (Read 630787 times)

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041
Actually, upon closer inspection, it seems that the failure mode has changed somewhat.

In 0.62, it would crash and leave a corrupted file, which would cause coin not to start until the bitcoin.udb file was deleted.

Now, it still gets very slow and crashes repeatedly as it gets to the last few hundred days, but now it does not corrupt the bitcoin.udb file when it crashes, as far as I can tell.  It will eventually crash with an error involving 'not enough storage for operation', but you can will restart it, and it will continue without issue, albeit very slowly.

Maybe you fixed the file size issue, but there is still a memory issue?  The machine I am running Coin on has 24GB of RAM, which is almost all unused, and hundreds of GB of free disk space too, so there is no real resource shortage.
legendary
I installed 0.63, and it appears to exhibit the same crashing behavior as 0.62 when the database gets big.  It gets really, really slow at ~300 days left, then starts crashing regularly by the time it gets to ~175 days left.
1. Did you deleted existing bitcoin.udb before start 0.63?
2. Was Bitcoin the only enabled currency?
3. Is your Windows x64 or 32-bit?
4. Can you share your bitcoin.udb after crash on some file hosting. e.g. Google Drive?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. 64 bit Windows 7
4 I will try to do that this afternoon (EDT) when I get home from work.  Thanks for looking into the problem.

Activity: 404
Merit: 251
I installed 0.63, and it appears to exhibit the same crashing behavior as 0.62 when the database gets big.  It gets really, really slow at ~300 days left, then starts crashing regularly by the time it gets to ~175 days left.
1. Did you deleted existing bitcoin.udb before start 0.63?
2. Was Bitcoin the only enabled currency?
3. Is your Windows x64 or 32-bit?
4. Can you share your bitcoin.udb after crash on some file hosting. e.g. Google Drive?
legendary
This version crashes when downloading the block chain.  It gets very slow when it gets to ~350 blocks left, then crashes when there are ~170 blocks left.  After this happens, the "Bitcoin.udb" file has to be deleted or Coin will not start anymore.  This is on Win7-64bit.
0.62 has a bug limiting Database size by 4GB.
Please dont use it with Bitcoin. Other currencies don't reach this limit.
0.63 will be released today

This version crashes when downloading the block chain.  It gets very slow when it gets to ~350 blocks left, then crashes when there are ~170 blocks left.  After this happens, the "Bitcoin.udb" file has to be deleted or Coin will not start anymore.  This is on Win7-64bit.
0.62 has a bug limiting Database size by 4GB.
Please dont use it with Bitcoin. Other currencies don't reach this limit.
0.63 will be released today
legendary
0.62 fixed some crash bugs.

This version crashes when downloading the block chain.  It gets very slow when it gets to ~350 blocks left, then crashes when there are ~170 blocks left.  After this happens, the "Bitcoin.udb" file has to be deleted or Coin will not start anymore.  This is on Win7-64bit.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I am getting this: "New stratum data with clean"

What does this mean? Shares are getting accepted.
0.62 fixed some crash bugs.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Running on win7 x64 - installed (upgraded) to .61 - it started downloading the blockchains for my existing BTC, NMC, LTC wallets.  Kept crashing with a not enough space error.
When i restarted the ltc wallet would not display/load and there was an access denied error.
Any suggestions?
Remove file %APPDATA%\Ufasoft\Coin\litecoin.udb and run with only one currency enabled during initial download

Did this and got the litecoin and namecoin up to date - with bitcoin i have had to restart several times deleting the udb file but when it gets down to around 197-180 days it gets an access denied message and i cannot get it to work again until i delete the udb file.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
I have a suggestion.  If you have a bitcoin wallet.dat file, COPY IT and try using it with the bitcoin-qt program.  If it fails, open cmd.exe and run the bitcoin-qt.exe program from your 32-bit equivalent of program files with the switch -salvagewallet.  From there, backup your wallet once again and you can either open it in Ufasoft or leave it in bitcoin-qt to run.  But I found that my wallet.dat file had been slightly corrupt somehow.  Don't forget to encrypt it later and backup the encrypted version as the unencrypted version will be deemed useless.  Hope this helps.

I'll also be testing Ufasoft with the newly repaired wallet to verify that it is working properly.  Not sure if it works with encrypted wallet files though.

Edit:  Problem with Ufasoft Coin 0.61 confirmed.  Any attempt at closing/hiding the BTC transactions will result in "Access Denied" and a crash which can not be recovered from on restart of the program.  It will then show that BTC is being shown in the menu which it is not shown on the transactions screen.  Basically, it crashes a lot on the BTC side of things.  LTC works fine.
But anyhow, when I tell it to backup the wallet file do I need to generate one wallet file that will have both litecoin and bitcoin data on it, or do I need to select litecoin, backup, select bitcoin, backup etc?
Backup and Export are different operations.
To backup you should make copy of %APPDATA%\Ufasoft\coin\wallet.db. This file can be used by "Ufasoft Coin" software only.

When you call "File.Export", then file wallet.dat created for standard client. You should select some particular currency before exporting and then use exported file with that currency client.
Activity: 378
I'm having a similar issue which causes an unhandled exception error and asks me if I want to send the report via e-mail.  It doesn't seem to generate a bug report for me to e-mail, it just looks for an e-mail program which most people NEVER USE.
But deleting the bitcoin.udb file doesn't fix the issue.  This error is particular a problem when attempting to compact the database when it says that it doesn't have anymore room on the hard drive with over 150GB left on it.  A little odd.

But anyhow, when I tell it to backup the wallet file do I need to generate one wallet file that will have both litecoin and bitcoin data on it, or do I need to select litecoin, backup, select bitcoin, backup etc?
udb file but when it gets down to around 197-180 days it gets an access denied message and i cannot get it to work again until i delete the udb file.
Any other suggestions?
One bug already found in the 0.61 code.
Fixed version will be released in 2 days.
Activity: 388
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
Running on win7 x64 - installed (upgraded) to .61 - it started downloading the blockchains for my existing BTC, NMC, LTC wallets.  Kept crashing with a not enough space error.
When i restarted the ltc wallet would not display/load and there was an access denied error.
Any suggestions?
Remove file %APPDATA%\Ufasoft\Coin\litecoin.udb and run with only one currency enabled during initial download

Did this and got the litecoin and namecoin up to date - with bitcoin i have had to restart several times deleting the udb file but when it gets down to around 197-180 days it gets an access denied message and i cannot get it to work again until i delete the udb file.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Running on win7 x64 - installed (upgraded) to .61 - it started downloading the blockchains for my existing BTC, NMC, LTC wallets.  Kept crashing with a not enough space error.
Any suggestions?
Activity: 388
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Can I run it on AIX6.1?
Never tested. You can try to make a patch.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Can I run it on AIX6.1?
Activity: 252
MalwareBytes says there's "PUP" files in the OP's exe.

Any idea why?

because virus writers/toolkits include them in their trojans
Activity: 507
Merit: 500
becuase by default antivirus seems miners as a virus
Pages:
Jump to: