Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 212: Aldo vs Holloway Info and Prediction Thread - page 3. (Read 4674 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
I was wrong on Karolina winning.

But right on Aldo's cardio being bad:

I'm leaning towards Max Holloway winning since Aldo's cardio looked very bad when he fought Frankie Edgar the last time.

I like Aldo but his fighting career could be over. He'll be one of those fighters who needs to win his fights early or he could be finished when he slows down and his cardio fails him.   Undecided
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
yup weird he didnt throw one leg kick he needed to slow max down for the later rounds

Yup.  And wtf, Aldo got tired by the third round?  He has more championship rounds experience than Holloway.  It's really surprising.

So who's next for Holloway?  Edgar?  The division just got boring.

Maybe Aldo wants to proved something here by going toe to toe and not using his vaunted leg kick to his advantage. Well its pretty solid division to me. We still have Frankie Edgar, who should get his title shot after defeating Yair earlier. And then we have Ricardo Llamas, Cub Swanson and Anthony Pettis in the line.

Aldo is known for fading a bit (not badly) in the later rounds regardless of his championship experience.  Tough to be so explosive and keep great cardio.  Whereas Holloway always has great cardio.

Edgar and Swanson should battle it out for the next title fight.

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
No words to describe my frustration,i think it is time for Aldo to change the camp if he wants to improve and have a real strategy ,people are studying his game for a long time and for the first two rounds he was managing to win the rounds,he did not throw one leg kick which really surprised me and in the third round it is all over,the reign is over for good,huge loss in my bets too.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
yup weird he didnt throw one leg kick he needed to slow max down for the later rounds

Yup.  And wtf, Aldo got tired by the third round?  He has more championship rounds experience than Holloway.  It's really surprising.

Maybe Aldo wants to proved something here by going toe to toe and not using his vaunted leg kick to his advantage. Well its pretty solid division to me. We still have Frankie Edgar, who should get his title shot after defeating Yair earlier. And then we have Ricardo Llamas, Cub Swanson and Anthony Pettis in the line.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I think I'm going with Gadelha to win via decision. Kowalkiewicz coming from a lost from a title fight and facing Gadelha will be a big task for her. I see that their style is very similar, they are very aggressive. I think Gadelha is much better if there is a chance that they will clinch in the corner that's why I give the advantage to her. And Gadelha for me is more well round than Kowalkiewicz. Tough to pick but I have to say that Holloway has the advantage. He is young and is very aggressive as well. He will pressure Aldo here, and I don't know if Aldo can maintain the phase that Holloway will put on him. I initially pick Aldo to win, but I'm putting my money now on Holloway. Too many intangibles that point on Max Holloway that is not easy to ignore.

Nice win for both of them and thank coz I won my bet  Grin

Yeah, a new era has started with Max Holloway at the reign of featherweight division. Max didn't disappoint us in his  biggest fight and he make it counts with a 3rd round stoppage of Jose Aldo. In the end, Holloway was able to prevail and leave no doubt about the best fighter in the division. Holloway's last lost was with Connor McGregor. Can we have Holloway vs McGregor then?  I think Aldo needs more time and rethink about what his future maybe.

As for Claudia vs Karolina, I have predicted the clinch will be critical for Claudia, both are strikers but when they clinched she proves powerful with her elbow and able to get the double-underhooks and put Karolina on her back to finished her.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Congratulations to holloway there though i lost quite a couple of hundreds with the bet i made, it was a good fight. I think aldo would have a hard time bringing back his old self especially with the losses he's suffered. Sad to see him go like that but great guys eventually had to reach this point. Hopefully he doesn't retire yet though
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
Wow what a great fight.  Aldo and Holloway looked sharp.  Aldo had a good start and was on point with his counters, but didn't throw any leg kicks.  I'm happy for Holloway...well deserved.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
The reign of Jose Aldo as the undisputed feature weight champion is over at a young age of 30,the first two rounds were scored by Aldo but Max Holloway came back strong in the third round and defeated Aldo,it was a classic performance from the young champion and now he is undefeated in his last eleven fights and his next test will be Frankie Edgar.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Karolina lost via rare naked choke. She tried to stand up and exposed her back. For a professional she made an amateur mistake.

Update - Nice win by Max. He got the best of Jose Aldo in 3 rounds. We have a new era now at featherweight.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
No doubt that Carolina won some hearts with her bikini display and it is a tough fight and i am more interesting in betting the rounds rather than choosing the winner,i think it will go full three rounds,while i really cannot think about Aldo loosing to anyone other than a one punch knockout,Max wont KO him and it will be a great fight.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
I really think that Jose Aldo will approach this fight like he faced Frankie Edgar where he will pick his shots and since Max Holloway is not a great wrestler expect some vicious leg kicks and Aldo has one of the nasty leg kicks in MMA history and it all depends upon his game plan,i wish i could see the old WEC Aldo where he was finishing people and yes i am wagging with bitcoin.

Aldo has savage leg kicks. That can be a disadvantage at times when Aldo fights southpaws since its easier for his kicks to accidentally impact their knee/shin similar to how Anderson Silva broke his leg kicking Chris Weidman. When Jose Aldo fought Korean Zombie he broke his foot leg kicking into Korean Zombie's knee/shin.

If Max Holloway fights southpaw with his right left forward that could go a long way towards nullifying Jose Aldo's leg kicks similar to what happened when Aldo fought southpaw Conor McGregor.

I'm leaning towards Max Holloway winning since Aldo's cardio looked very bad when he fought Frankie Edgar the last time.

Yeah, I bet via BTC.   Cheesy  I lost 0.14 btc betting last week. Hopefully I will win this week.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I think I'm going with Gadelha to win via decision. Kowalkiewicz coming from a lost from a title fight and facing Gadelha will be a big task for her. I see that their style is very similar, they are very aggressive. I think Gadelha is much better if there is a chance that they will clinch in the corner that's why I give the advantage to her. And Gadelha for me is more well round than Kowalkiewicz. Tough to pick but I have to say that Holloway has the advantage. He is young and is very aggressive as well. He will pressure Aldo here, and I don't know if Aldo can maintain the phase that Holloway will put on him. I initially pick Aldo to win, but I'm putting my money now on Holloway. Too many intangibles that point on Max Holloway that is not easy to ignore.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
Jose Aldo needs this win for him to establish himself again after getting a not so good knock out from the notoriuos Conor McGregor. His (Jose Aldo) experience of headlining events is an advantage over his opponent so I expect Aldo to show that he is the greatest in his weight class.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Jose Aldo has a chance to redeem himself, he was pretty depressed after the Connor fight, but I doubt he will ever get a rematch from Conor.

If I had to guess, Conor will fight Mayweather, will lose, will get the 75 million, will go back to UFC, will fight Ferguson and Khabib and that's it, he will end his career there.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Hey guys just dropping by to post more videos.  The weigh ins were ok, not much tension or any fighters in the main card antagonizing each other (at least not from what I've seen, I skipped the video to the final two matches' weigh ins Cheesy).  But yeah, totally unlike the McGregor fights.

UFC 212 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPrRHlXLbU

UFC 212: Official Weigh-in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxf8sFP4CI

Are you all ready?

I think Karolina will defeat Claudia.

That's my prediction.   Cheesy

It may not be a good prediction.

That's the impression I get from watching the open workouts & listening to some of the things they're saying.

Of course open workouts aren't reliable as some fighters like Max Holloway throw their punches and kicks at 10% during open workouts while fighters like Jose Aldo throw their punches and kicks closer to 60%. It can be hard to gauge how good or powerful someone's technique is.

lol...why should Holloway put on a good open workout for the crowd when they're yelling out that he's going to die?  Wink

I'm torn between who to choose between Aldo and Holloway.  I'm for Holloway, but tough to bet against Aldo.

Any of you guys bet via bitcoin?

Everyone in this thread bets with bitcoin. Check their wallets, they are all empty. Grin

If you find it hard to choose between Jose and Max, look for any small advantages one has over the other. In this fight it is the advantage of the home crowd for Jose.

lol what platforms are being used for betting with bitcoin?

Agreed - that's a good tip, but I'm not going to bet on this particular fight.  Home crowd is a huge advantage, and I'd probably lean towards Aldo to win the fight, but not with much confidence.  I'll watch this one for entertainment and bet on the ones I'm more sure of (not that it's a sure thing either) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
I think Karolina will defeat Claudia.

That's my prediction.   Cheesy

It may not be a good prediction.

That's the impression I get from watching the open workouts & listening to some of the things they're saying.

Of course open workouts aren't reliable as some fighters like Max Holloway throw their punches and kicks at 10% during open workouts while fighters like Jose Aldo throw their punches and kicks closer to 60%. It can be hard to gauge how good or powerful someone's technique is.

lol...why should Holloway put on a good open workout for the crowd when they're yelling out that he's going to die?  Wink

I'm torn between who to choose between Aldo and Holloway.  I'm for Holloway, but tough to bet against Aldo.

Everyone in this thread bets with bitcoin. Check their wallets, they are all empty. Grin

If you find it hard to choose between Jose and Max, look for any small advantages one has over the other. In this fight it is the advantage of the home crowd for Jose.
I really think that Jose Aldo will approach this fight like he faced Frankie Edgar where he will pick his shots and since Max Holloway is not a great wrestler expect some vicious leg kicks and Aldo has one of the nasty leg kicks in MMA history and it all depends upon his game plan,i wish i could see the old WEC Aldo where he was finishing people and yes i am wagging with bitcoin.

Yeah I'd say Aldo has the best leg kicks in the UFC...maybe Edson Barboza is close.  He looked good against Edgar.  If he can damage Holloway's front leg...the later rounds especially are going to be tough.

WEC Aldo is no more...those flying knees and crazy knock outs...he's more into technical boxing now.  In his defense, it's difficult to fight like he used to in WEC as a long time champion.
Pages:
Jump to: