Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 212: Aldo vs Holloway Info and Prediction Thread - page 5. (Read 4674 times)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
Mirko Crocop is a legend no doubt about that and when he came to the UFC he could not perform like he used to be in the past,his performance was on a slide when he signed for the UFC and he ended his career in Japan with a championship victory and he announced his retirement,good to see him get to retire on a winning note and that too a heavyweight title,it is time for Anderson Silva to step out of the UFC and have some fun fights and call it quits like Mirko did.

After the Rizen win in Japan by Mirko im sure he retired with a good sensation, he demonstrated he could still kick ass.

He should retire now, im sure he is a multi millionaire, all he needs to do now is open a couple gyms and enjoy the unlimited passive income.

Same goes for Silva, his days in the UFC as a world champion are over.

I have no idea about Aldo vs Holloway, that's one I can't predict.

Im saving some money for the Mayweather vs McGregor fight, that's going to be huge. I don't see how you cant lose if you bet for a Mayweather win. It worked 49 times.

The hype when Mirko joined the UFC was so huge that time. But losses to many unknown fighters that time stop the hype train, too bad. As for Silva, nothing to proved anymore. He is already a legend and please don't fight and enjoy your life.

As for Mayweather's record. "49 have tried and 49 have failed".

Still having a hard time picking Aldo vs Holloway? You are not the one. I still don't know who to pick with.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Mirko Crocop is a legend no doubt about that and when he came to the UFC he could not perform like he used to be in the past,his performance was on a slide when he signed for the UFC and he ended his career in Japan with a championship victory and he announced his retirement,good to see him get to retire on a winning note and that too a heavyweight title,it is time for Anderson Silva to step out of the UFC and have some fun fights and call it quits like Mirko did.

After the Rizen win in Japan by Mirko im sure he retired with a good sensation, he demonstrated he could still kick ass.

He should retire now, im sure he is a multi millionaire, all he needs to do now is open a couple gyms and enjoy the unlimited passive income.

Same goes for Silva, his days in the UFC as a world champion are over.

I have no idea about Aldo vs Holloway, that's one I can't predict.

Im saving some money for the Mayweather vs McGregor fight, that's going to be huge. I don't see how you cant lose if you bet for a Mayweather win. It worked 49 times.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Hey guys.  Updated the OP with some of the info about the players.  May it help you choose your bets wisely.

Anyway, time moves very fast.  I didn't realize 212 is gonna be this weekend!  Yay!

Here are some videos to get you started.

UFC 212 Countdown: Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_wHmcwT_cY

UFC 212 Free Fight: Max Holloway vs Cub Swanson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L1STr2RL2M

UFC 212 Free Fight: Aldo vs Mendes 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZxzwHZ2Ek

UFC 212 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-F1oHWY7s

Do you guys think Holloway has a chance?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Maybe it was better if Anderson retired as the champion like what GSP did and then make a comeback fight for the money. I speculate the reason why Anderson is still fighting is more for the money now.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I read the news as well about Anderson Silva announcing his self pull out from UFC 212. Anderson Silva may have carved a good history with UFC but his fight antics has turned off a lot his fans just like what happened on his fight with Chris Weidman. he mocked and played too much and got caught and now he wants respect. I know that's part of his fight plan but I find it disrespectful to the other fighter. 

Anderson Silva is still on time to retire and live a good life with still a legendary legacy. If he continues like this he is going to start damaging his legacy.

It's like Mirko Crocop, he should have retired years ago. He lost a lot of times in the UFC, even tho lately he won some good fights in Japan, but that's not UFC.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
I feel Anderson is being a drama queen this time.  I mean he's still a great fighter with a legacy behind him, but c'mon...  He himself should know that his stock has gone down and he can't pull the same PPV numbers he used to.  It's sad it came to this, really.

So true. But that is the problem with some of the athletes in all of sports. It is like that they can't accept that they are no longer relevant in their sport. Like what Anderson is right now, he has lost the luster in his career after that unfaithful lost to Weidman. Anderson thinks he has still the command in his career but I doubt he will be. He should retire, he has already cemented his legacy.
legendary
I feel Anderson is being a drama queen this time.  I mean he's still a great fighter with a legacy behind him, but c'mon...  He himself should know that his stock has gone down and he can't pull the same PPV numbers he used to.  It's sad it came to this, really.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
I read the news as well about Anderson Silva announcing his self pull out from UFC 212.  
You have heard it wrong,Anderson Silva is not pulling out from UFC 212,he does not have an opponent to dance with and he is looking to fight in Brazil for a very long time and he wants to face Yoel Romero for an interim title and Romero is happy to go on with the fight against Anderson but UFC is not interested in putting the fight together and so is the reason he is frustrated.
legendary
@lemipawa. His fight antics are what make the fans watch his fights. Your opinion of him is very flat and very depthless and it is very unfair to criticize him from his fight versus Chris Weidman.

It is maybe because you really do not watch the UFC that much and have not seen the growth and the journey of Anderson and what he has brought to the sport.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
I read the news as well about Anderson Silva announcing his self pull out from UFC 212. Anderson Silva may have carved a good history with UFC but his fight antics has turned off a lot his fans just like what happened on his fight with Chris Weidman. he mocked and played too much and got caught and now he wants respect. I know that's part of his fight plan but I find it disrespectful to the other fighter. 
legendary
@Kemarit. That speculation might now be over. There is news that Anderson Silva has pulled out of UFC 212. I also said that he has not left in good terms and it mentioned that the UFC organization has disrespected him and his legacy in the sport.

Will we see him go to Bellator?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I think this will be a close fight between Aldo vs Holloway,in terms of stats Aldo got the advantage on this match. In my opinion this fight will end in a decision, I'm craving for Aldo vs Mcgregor in years but the match will never be happened even how Aldo strive. By the way I'm waiting also for the last slot who will be the opponent of Anderson Silva, @tokeweed hopefully you're right.

Yes, in paper it looks like Aldo has the advantage. But Holloway is a live underdog. We all love for Aldo to win because we want him a rematch with the Connor, but this is not an easy fight for him.

@tokeweed

What a match if Silva with face Yoel. Yoel is a monster, I don't think Silva can win if they face each other. I just hope for Anderson to retire. He has already cemented his legacy. No need to get that body bang again with the likes of Yoel Romero.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
I think this will be a close fight between Aldo vs Holloway,in terms of stats Aldo got the advantage on this match. In my opinion this fight will end in a decision, I'm craving for Aldo vs Mcgregor in years but the match will never be happened even how Aldo strive. By the way I'm waiting also for the last slot who will be the opponent of Anderson Silva, @tokeweed hopefully you're right.
legendary
Watch the press conference.  Some interesting development is occuring for UFC 212.  After the pull out of Gastelum, Anderson Silva has explicitly expressed his desire to fight only someone who is coming off from a win in his division.  Belfort and Rockhold is out of the question.  Mousasi just fought Weidman, so he's out too.

There's only one name left.  Yoel Romero!  YES PLEASE!

UFC 212 Press Conference
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRVJFgINfU
Lol.  Jose Aldo isn't knocking out anyone now that the UFC is so strict with PED use.  And he's not knocking out Max Holloway for sure maybe even under PED.  Holloway is quicker and has the athleticism and techique to make this a close fight.  Too bad he has pillows for fists.  So there's no threat for Aldo getting KO'd too.
So you think that Aldo was taking PED's ,i would say that it is just not true,because he has not dropped his performance even after USADA,look at the performance of Vitor Belfort,Erick Silva,Johny Hendricks,Pettis and many more after the USADA test and look at their difference in how they look now but i do not see much of a difference with Aldo.
What?  The Brazilians are known to use the 'Brazilian Juice' during training.  Don't be naive to believe Aldo didn't use performance enhancers, in one form or another during all his training before the USADA begun to become really strict with the tests.
Some of them even resort to vitamins with added ingredients that increase your testosterone levels.  Those have been known to be used by the Brazilians and have been flagged by USADA as illegal.
If that is the case then you have to say that everyone was on juice before the USADA testing and you can see the difference between performance from some fighters and i have mentioned earlier about it and i have not seen any performance difference from Aldo and with the recent testing it is really difficult to get away with PED use as they will be testing them randomly,it is a known fact that testosterone replacement therapy is used by many fighters but Aldo was not in that list who took that treatment.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
@ tokeweed i am also against fighters who are fighting with the help of synthetic drugs and it should be removed from the sport and especially in combat sport like MMA ,it is really dangerous and it is an added advantage and now when it comes to Aldo he is never flagged for taking illegal substance and you really cannot predict that everyone from a group are taking juice,i am not seeing any difference in his physic before and after the testing started and it is not easy to escape the testing process as they are conducting Olympic style random tests and even if you take tainted food or medicine you will get flagged,so hope you understand the level of strictness.
legendary
Lol.  Jose Aldo isn't knocking out anyone now that the UFC is so strict with PED use.  And he's not knocking out Max Holloway for sure maybe even under PED.  Holloway is quicker and has the athleticism and techique to make this a close fight.  Too bad he has pillows for fists.  So there's no threat for Aldo getting KO'd too.
So you think that Aldo was taking PED's ,i would say that it is just not true,because he has not dropped his performance even after USADA,look at the performance of Vitor Belfort,Erick Silva,Johny Hendricks,Pettis and many more after the USADA test and look at their difference in how they look now but i do not see much of a difference with Aldo.

What?  The Brazilians are known to use the 'Brazilian Juice' during training.  Don't be naive to believe Aldo didn't use performance enhancers, in one form or another during all his training before the USADA begun to become really strict with the tests.

Some of them even resort to vitamins with added ingredients that increase your testosterone levels.  Those have been known to be used by the Brazilians and have been flagged by USADA as illegal.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: