Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 212: Aldo vs Holloway Info and Prediction Thread - page 8. (Read 4674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Jose Aldo was destroyed by Conor in less than 20 seconds, which is why Jose Aldo vs Conor 2 is not really a main attraction anymore. I think Jose Aldo has a lot of anger and wants to prove that he is a good fighter, so he will have to win this, then aim for a second Conor shoot, but I think Conor will not give him a rematch.

I would like to see Khabib vs Conor in Russia for the inauguration of UFC Russia, that would be huge.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Aldo Vs Holloway is an interesting match and with Mcgregor not interested to fight in 145 pound division this is the match we want to see ,but then again i would have liked to see Frankie Edward facing Holloway for the intern title rather than Pettis ,hope the match will go on as booked as Aldo has pulled out of matches in recent times they have to come up with good co main event if someone pulls out of the main event. Grin
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Bisping vs Romero in Rio?  I pretty much doubt that.  I don't think Bisping will want to be a side show in Brazil and not under an Aldo fight.  Maybe if it was a bigger draw in the main event (McGregor vs someone) and being fought in Vegas or NY, then yes.  Tho I think Bisping will be fighting in his home turf again or in England at least.
Bisping is looking for big money fights and he is nursing an injury at the moment and he is avoiding Yoel Romero as it is a really hard fight for him instead he wants to face Georges St Pierre instead Cheesy because those two are having the longest wins in UFC history and recently Romero started a GoFundMe page for Bisping mocking him Cheesy it is interesting to see how Romero with his limited English ability is pissing Bisping .
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Bisping vs Romero in Rio?  I pretty much doubt that.  I don't think Bisping will want to be a side show in Brazil and not under an Aldo fight.  Maybe if it was a bigger draw in the main event (McGregor vs someone) and being fought in Vegas or NY, then yes.  Tho I think Bisping will be fighting in his home turf again or in England at least.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Conor McGregor and Korean Zombie could be the guys that gave Aldo the toughest fights and both had reach and height advantages over Aldo.

Max Holloway has a height advantage over Aldo (but not a reach advantage). I think that gives Holloway a better chance of winning than shorter fighters like Chad Mendes or Frankie Edgar.

Jose Aldo's cardio has also not looked good. He only fought 1-2 minutes of each round when he fought Frankie Edgar. For the most part Aldo coasted in that fight & Frankie Edgar did not pressure him much.

This card is still 4 months away with no other fights announced other than Max Holloway vs Jose Aldo.

I wonder if Michael Bisping vs Yoel Romero might also be announced for Rio.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
I like Aldo to win this fight only because I want him back in circulation on Conor's who to fight next list. The history and the drama between them too entertaining for the UFC to ignore. I speculate that Conor will ignore and avoid Jose Aldo for a while and when the time is right he will be all over him again talking trash. If Aldo cannot wait and really wants to fight Conor he has to move up to lightweight.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
I am not sure if I will watch this one.

With the new things going on in UFC, it's really tough to watch how they hurt players for entertainment.

Holly Holm vs Germaine de Randamie was the recent proof of why UFC kind of junk these days. If they want people to just fight without rules then they should just fight without rules.

Holloway had a pretty cool fight against Anthony Pettis. I might watch the whole fight on YouTube...maybe.

I hope that Holloway wins. Holloway is a pretty cool fighter, he reminds me of the sort of person that is fighting the celebrities and showing them that fighting isn't just entertainment -respectfully of course.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
This bout is exciting. Jose Aldo has a home advantage. But i think Holloway is gonna win this fight. He is really good fighter. He beat the top fighters on his weight class(including Pettis). In my prediction. This is a close fight. Its a Unanimous decision to me. All for Holloway.
Antony Pettis came to 145 pound division because he was not having a good time in his natural weight class of 155 pounds and he was not in good form and even in the match against Holloway he missed weight and so you really cannot count out Jose Aldo because of a freak knockout by Mcgregor. My bet is for Aldo to win the match.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
If there's any a time for Max Holloway it is now. I love Jose Aldo, I really do but ever since his loss to McGregor in 13 secs I think there will be some doubts in Aldo's head. Holloway has won his last 10 bouts and had looked great in all of them. This is going to be the title bout since McGregor hasnt defended his belt over a yeah. A really good match up and I cant wait for it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 269
This bout is exciting. Jose Aldo has a home advantage. But i think Holloway is gonna win this fight. He is really good fighter. He beat the top fighters on his weight class(including Pettis). In my prediction. This is a close fight. Its a Unanimous decision to me. All for Holloway.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Saturday, June 3rd
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 22:30 BCT / 3:30pm PST / 6:30pm EST
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1): 00:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 2:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://firstrowus1.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Jose Aldo (26-2) vs. Max Holloway (17-3) (Featherweight Championship unification bout)
Claudia Gadelha (14-2) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (10-1) (Women's Strawweight)
Vitor Belfort (25-13) vs. Nate Marquardt (35-17-2) (Light Heavyweight)
Paulo Borrachinha (9-0) vs. Oluwale Bamgbose (6-2) (Middleweight)
Erick Silva (19-7) vs. Yancy Medeiros (13-4) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Raphael Assuncao (24-5) vs. Marlon Moraes (18-4-1) (Bantamweight)
Antonio Carlos Junior (7-2) vs. Eric Spicely (10-1) (Middleweight)
Johnny Eduardo (28-10) vs. Matthew Lopez (9-1) (Bantamweight)
Iuri Alcantara (34-7) vs. Brian Kelleher (16-7) (Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Viviane Pereira (12-0) vs. Jamie Moyle (4-1) (Women's Strawweight)
Luan Chagas (14-2-1) vs. Jim Wallhead (29-10) (Welterweight)
Deiveson Alcantara (11-0) vs. Marco Beltran (8-4) (Flyweight)

Other

- Felipe Arantes was expected to face Iuri Alcantara at the event. However on May 11, Arantes was pulled from the fight due to undisclosed reasons and was replaced by promotional newcomer Brian Kelleher on the same day.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content
Pages:
Jump to: