Pages:
Author

Topic: UK hospital launches rehab programme for bitcoin addiction - page 4. (Read 978 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
Wondering on what is the symptoms for being a bitcoin addict since its crazy to hear this and why on earth does a hospital implement that, Bitcoin enthusiast are going on bitcoin to earn money and I never see any people getting crazy because of this. Maybe they became crazy because they lose there money from scams or by playing gambling and for me if that's the case well that's different story and belong to other category.
At first sight on this thread I also believe the impression to be stupid but after reading the article link and also remember Bill Gate's circumstances when he's still bachelor dating his wife then he's also addicted to coding then which also affect his relationship until he get help, everything we do that somehow affects our partner emotional passion need to be correct.
Have you ever think about how crypto day traders manage their family especially the kids?
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
what ?? bitcoin addict rehab looks absurd. this is not a pain but it is a job but maybe more precisely these bitcoin addicts should be more resistant to being in bitcoin so as not to get caught in a difficult situation. not taken to the hospital
Activity: 728
Merit: 24
LOL and what would be their next move a rehab program for those who are addicted to money?
I don't get it why would they even have this kind of rehab when there are more things that is way more important than this they could use the money on something better.
And isn't it a good thing when the person is focus on something that they could make their selves better?

I absolutely agree with you. What is sexual about being focused on your goal? If it gives him pleasure and doesn't harm others, then why the hell should he listen to someone who doesn't like it? I definitely definitely support rehabilitation and everything related to it. A person has the right.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Seems like people really can get addicted to chart-watching. I've been guilty of spending too much time watching the chart action myself, so I can understand the issue here.

I think it's definitely a bigger problem when you've got a lot of skin in the game, and exchange 1-2% move could be knocking thousands or even tens of thousands off your portfolio.

People can get addicted to practically anything, especially things that make or lose money.

There's even an entire series about it on Youtube called My Strange Addiction—where you've got people addicted to eating plastic, sniffing gasoline, and one person was addicted to eating her dead boyfriend's ashies  Undecided

If it can spike or drop your dopamine, you can get addicted to it.

yes dopamine is what they always say. you'd laugh all the time when you see the green.

it can be addicting to watch the charts if you are winning. if you are losing, its best to just look away. but i admit i still keep trying to trade even when i'm losing, this should mean addiction just like gambling that even when losing all the time a gambler still gambles because they wanna feel it.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
It's needed to launch a rehab program for the launcher of the rehab programmer, for their addiction to opening the rehab center.  Huh .  
How bitcoin could be an addiction? I have no idea!!! the real money is much more, is there any rehab center for the rich businessman due to their wealth addiction?? This is pure stupidity, I have  enough doubt about the mental health of the rehab center owner.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
Seems like people really can get addicted to chart-watching. I've been guilty of spending too much time watching the chart action myself, so I can understand the issue here.

I think it's definitely a bigger problem when you've got a lot of skin in the game, and exchange 1-2% move could be knocking thousands or even tens of thousands off your portfolio.

People can get addicted to practically anything, especially things that make or lose money.

There's even an entire series about it on Youtube called My Strange Addiction—where you've got people addicted to eating plastic, sniffing gasoline, and one person was addicted to eating her dead boyfriend's ashies  Undecided

If it can spike or drop your dopamine, you can get addicted to it.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 156
That's unfortunate news from Bitcoin haters. People with other addiction who needed help aren't getting the help, so, let the government or the hospital help those with severe addiction problems. Although those with such addiction are very few I assume, the fact still remains that trade isn't meant for everyone out there. If I can't trade, then I can hold for a long-term which also looks like trade in my opinion.

Trade is as risking as gambling if not check.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0
how on earth can one be said to be addicted to bitcoin and then a rehab program will be organised in favor of such, i consider it ignorance because the bitcoin technology is good enough for an entire nation or continent to want to get addicted to it as it has come to stay and change lives of people in it.

maybe it's like internet addiction.
we used gadgets everyday and connected to the internet for almost 24/7.
when people don't have access to these things, most people will experience fear or anxiety.
fear of missing out information.

according to the article,
bitcoin addiction in this article refers to the trading of digital currencies or assets by people who obsessively following minute-by-minute fluctuations in prices.
CMIIW.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
If they are addicted to bitcoin, does it affect their living? Does it ruin the way they live everyday?

Addiction in bitcoin? Or a solid fan of bitcoin? You will only categorize bitcoin addiction if he use it in the wrong way, if it ruins his life and investments. Being a solid fan of bitcoin is really a good thing because you are an example that bitcoin is really a good store of value and an efficient asset to invest.

I don't think that people are getting addicted to bitcoin, maybe they are getting addicted to the activities that includes bitcoin such as gambling.
Activity: 307
Merit: 1
They have their own reason why they are doing it either they are against to bitcoin and other crypto currencies or they consider bitcoin as a threat to their country.

Many are earning a good profit in bitcoin and other crypto currencies, with regards to comparison to gambling then I can say that they are very different in many areas.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
Hahaha 😄 Excuse my so may too frank reaction and emotions)))) In my opinion there was a genius person who decided to fulfil such an idea to create something like that and even launch the idea via hospital and special program to treat people of the addiction that does not exist)))) first my thought was - what a silly thing)) but after reread post It hit me - what a genius thing is to use some popular thing and create the addiction to it, organise the real program, implement this program into some institution and really to make money on this fiction with a very serious face))) in such case it should appear the separate direction for treating people that have the money addiction )))) The whole planet will become patients of this program and these doctors will become millionaries))
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
Can someone really addicted to a currency  ?
People can become addicted to gambling, trading, scamming, investing but I don't think anybody can become addicted to a particular currency.
Even if someone does become addicted to a currency how can a rehab help them with it ?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
Wondering on what is the symptoms for being a bitcoin addict since its crazy to hear this and why on earth does a hospital implement that, Bitcoin enthusiast are going on bitcoin to earn money and I never see any people getting crazy because of this. Maybe they became crazy because they lose there money from scams or by playing gambling and for me if that's the case well that's different story and belong to other category.

One symptom is that staying all day long in bitcointalk.org and browse CMC all the time.  Grin Joining the forum signature campaign that only pays BTC and if not. this addicted to bitcoin individual will scream scam all of a sudden. Somehow I can see a lot of users already are going to be admitted there.

All that's too much is always not good. So if you felt like you are an individual who bookmarked CMC and click it all the time. Its time to call the hospital.

Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
Really? Why is it so someone like getting addicted to bitcoin?

Anyway, UK hospitals really know what their doing and the fact that they prepared for this kind of addiction meaning to say that they are doing their job well. Anyway, giving solution to this kind of problem of addiction is same as or it could be mild compare to drugs.

I wish here in our place hospitals will too accommodate bitcoin addict though we are more concern about the covid19 cases than any other diseases.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
LOL and what would be their next move a rehab program for those who are addicted to money?
I don't get it why would they even have this kind of rehab when there are more things that is way more important than this they could use the money on something better.
And isn't it a good thing when the person is focus on something that they could make their selves better?
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
I haven;t noticed this thread til today lol
Its true thats trading is addictive though but I don;t think you will need a program for this because once you gain more experience in trading you willl profit. And the only treatment for this is getting more profit. Or probably bullrun.

Some treatments at the centre will be led by Tony Marini, a former gambling and cocaine addict, who said introducing a life structure is key for addicts.

And look at that. LOL A former addicted fellow will be treating you there.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 259
interesting and funny news, how people can be addicted but not addicted to negative,
in my opinion, maybe addicted to gambling using bitcoin, not addicted to bitcoin.
indeed when we trade Bitcoin it does require a lot of energy and thought so that people forget themselves so they are forced to be under pressure which is addictive in the end, but in my opinion this does not need rehabilitation, it only needs a correct understanding of Bitcoin trading..
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
On a serious note, I've definitely witnessed a few examples of people displaying signs of addiction here on the forums.  This example springs to mind.  Take a look at the last topic they started along with the subsequent replies and then try telling me they don't need some serious psychiatric help.

I don't get why the hospital is singling out Bitcoin in particular, though.  It's no different to any other form of gambling addiction when people demonstrate poor impulse control.  It's merely a new medium in which people can indulge their existing problems.  The root cause is the same, though, I'd imagine.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
This is purely comical. How on earth would an hospital be opened for rehabilitation of bitcoin addicts? If this is true, then the government should have opened one for Facebook addiction.
This is just a scheme to defame bitcoin and its advantages.
In our fight for bitcoin adoption, this might come as a setback as people will now see bitcoin in the same light as drugs.
However, I hope the government will see the need to embrace bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: