Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 118. (Read 381003 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
still getting a few orphans here too now - pretty normal

Would not worry

Hi folks,

Now that the changes have taken place, should it have eliminated orphans in my qt? It is just that I am still getting a few orphans from my coins that are minting, maybe one or two in every ten...

Also, what does the change to NF14 mean in laymans term? What are my miners doing differently?

Many thanks,

Roister01
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
What would one need to do/change/update in order to succesfully solo-mine the new UTC2 fork?
Obviously update the wallet,but what else? Does the .conf need changes? Do i have to toss out all the peers,and add others? Change the port number? rpcport number?
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Hi folks,

Now that the changes have taken place, should it have eliminated orphans in my qt? It is just that I am still getting a few orphans from my coins that are minting, maybe one or two in every ten...

Also, what does the change to NF14 mean in laymans term? What are my miners doing differently?

Many thanks,

Roister01
Thanks usukan,

It just confused me, as my program files called it UltraCoinQT_win32_v7.4.1-8,

but my qt describes it as v0.7.4.1-g-8-gdc521c7-beta...

I wondered why it had an extra g before the 8, and all the info after...

So long as it is the correct one, thats great...Smiley

Many thanks,

Roister01
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Thats what I am using - pretty sure thats the correct (latest) version

Hi folks,

This is the reference I found for the version of UTC qt that I am currently using...is this right?

v0.7.4.1-g-8-gdc521c7-beta

Cheers,

Roister01

Yes, v0.7.4.1-g-8-gdc521c7-beta is the most current version available.
legendary
Thats what I am using - pretty sure thats the correct (latest) version

Hi folks,

This is the reference I found for the version of UTC qt that I am currently using...is this right?

Cheers,

Roister01

Hi folks,

Cheers,

Roister01

legendary
Greetings Kracko - great to hear from you.

Well the new wallets seems to be working great after rolling over the NF14 blocks - staking fine too.

Thanks for your great works.

Cheers - usukan

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Happily back to mining UTC on the new fork!!  Cheesy

As others have said there are no positives to keeping the old fork alive.  Lets all move forward together.
The Mac wallet is just about ready.  I've an upgraded version in testing.  For those that want a snapshot of what I am testing (and likely will be deploying) here you go:  http://ultracoin.net/dl/UltraCoin-Qt.v7.4.1-8.dmg

I haven't noticed any issues so far.  It would be wise use the "Backup Wallet..." feature under the file menu and then quit the wallet app before upgrading (as with any new wallet).  Please let me know if you run into any issues installing or starting the application.

I would have had it out sooner but I broke my existing environment when I upgraded Xcode and ended up starting over completely, doing a clean install of the OS (10.10), recompiling external libraries (boost, upnp, qrencode, etc with brew), Xcode (5.0.0), and Qt 5.5.1.  The new wallet should be compatible back to OS X 10.7.

Kracko
Why keep the old chain still going, makes no sense.
Somewhere I read someone complaining about cryptsy taking forever for a wallet-update (which is true). Now you even give them incentives to not upgrade at all...

This is true.  It's a waste of time and resources- an unnecessary hedge against the fork.  Those still on the pre-fork chain will lose everything gained after the NF14 part (block 1488826) of the fork as they will not be able to spend it.  Bittrex is already on the new chain.  Cryptsy will follow soon.
Activity: 152
Bittrex successfully working from newest wallet, sent 20 utc to my bittrex account from the new wallet and it worked ok.
Activity: 22
Why keep the old chain still going, makes no sense.
Somewhere I read someone complaining about cryptsy taking forever for a wallet-update (which is true). Now you even give them incentives to not upgrade at all...
Activity: 304

now Nf14 , but what mininig http://utc.yacoin.club/ ?

Please read the previous page.

In short:
utc.yacoin.club uses original Ultracoin wallet (currently NF16)
utc14.yacoin.club uses hard-forked NF14 wallet.

ok, so it means that ultracoin have two different legals chains ? - now current blocks 1489564 on nf14 and 1489699 on nf16
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
Can you set vardiff port on utc14.yacoin.club pool with 1 to 3, or another static with higher diff.

Do I need to rescan my wallet or resync blockchain?
Activity: 288
Merit: 260

Please read the previous page.

In short:
utc.yacoin.club uses original Ultracoin wallet (currently NF16)
utc14.yacoin.club uses hard-forked NF14 wallet.
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
Earlier I used, yacminer 3.5.0-yac2, now not working on n14
Do I need to change  another miner, and where I can find it?

You can use the same yacminer 3.5.0-yac2.

Just remove original Ultracoin starttime option:
Code:
--starttime=1388361600

And set fixed NFactor 14 with the options:
Code:
--nfmin=14
--nfmax=14
Activity: 304
now 4:40 gmt - NF still 16
Just checked - 7:30 GMT - utc14.yacoin.club is working on NF14. The pool is finding blocks successfully.

Activity: 18
Earlier I used, yacminer 3.5.0-yac2, now not working on n14
Do I need to change  another miner, and where I can find it?
legendary
Thanks alenevaa - your support greatly appreciated

Cheers - usukan

now 4:40 gmt - NF still 16
Just checked - 7:30 GMT - utc14.yacoin.club is working on NF14. The pool is finding blocks successfully.
Jump to: