Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 117. (Read 381003 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
@Kracko
@Steven

NF14 wallet release has bug in difficulty adjustment.
After block 1500000 (when reward drops to 10) difficulty stands low all the time.
The pool utc14.yacoin.club finds block every 5 sec.
Have you ever tested algorithm before release!?

Public stratum port difficulty has been changed to 4  diff 4 should be set too high 2
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I just looked into the block chain and hashrate and it looks like the difficulty wen't to 0 then swung so high it is taking longer then usual to mine a block. This has been a rude awakening, I apologize for any harm caused by this incident. I will be speaking with Kracko today on the proposed action. I have contacted ThirtyBird on the issue as well.

Update: May take some time to adjust, once blocks are found it should smooth out, keeping ears to the tracks on this one and waiting on the developers.

Update 2: Working on a solution right now, testing underway.
Activity: 476
@Kracko
@Steven

After block 1500000 (when reward drops to 10) difficulty stands low all the time.

The wallet was tested by Kracko, I have made him aware of the anomaly and am awaiting a response. Will have a conference today as we look into the issue.
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
@Kracko
@Steven

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
same here - takes 3 days to sync new installs - 3-5 peers, fast internet and good spec computers.

But all OK once synced although still slow for catchups on sync compared to other alt wallets (with the exception of DOGE)?  Is this a matter of few peers or the algo or something else?

I don't know much about it but even relatively new wallets use "header first" syncronization and parallel block download which makes syncing pretty fast even with millions of blocks
I have no idea about the implications of implementing it though so now I'd be happy even just with a bootstrap (which would also probably took a day to sync from).

Edit: started syncing beyond 2500 blocks, should be synced in 23 hours at this rate. I'll upload a bootstrap if needed after it's done.
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
same here - takes 3 days to sync new installs - 3-5 peers, fast internet and good spec computers.

But all OK once synced although still slow for catchups on sync compared to other alt wallets (with the exception of DOGE)?  Is this a matter of few peers or the algo or something else?

Hey, is there a bootstrap available anywhere? I tried to sync the new wallet from my old chain and two days later it stopped syncing and the wallet became very laggy, whatever I clicked on or did took a long time to happen.

Now that I deleted the old chain, it's responsive again but it only synced 2500 blocks in half an hour with 4 peers, good internet and CPU.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Hey, is there a bootstrap available anywhere? I tried to sync the new wallet from my old chain and two days later it stopped syncing and the wallet became very laggy, whatever I clicked on or did took a long time to happen.

Now that I deleted the old chain, it's responsive again but it only synced 2500 blocks in half an hour with 4 peers, good internet and CPU.
Activity: 225
Merit: 17
What are your best settings for 750ti and 950gtx ?

THK U  Wink

Give it a shot with the autotune and then move from that values a bit. That's what i do

No sorry, i search the command .bat with cudaminer and algo NF14 for 750ti and 950gtx.

THK U  Cool
Activity: 152

THK U  Wink

Give it a shot with the autotune and then move from that values a bit. That's what i do
Activity: 225
Merit: 17

THK U  Wink
Craptsy finally have their wallet in "maintenance" Tongue
Better buy some UTC while its still cheap..easy double in my opinion

The double has already happened, BTC has nearly doubled and UTC kept it's BTC price Cheesy
Now, something more must happen to make UTC rise it's BTC price, it's absolutely quiet right now, few sells, no buys...
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
i have downloaded the new wallet but getting the following error;

"Error loading blkindex.dat"

can anyone help please

deleted everything except my wallet.dat and seems to have worked. . . . currently re-downloading the blockchain
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
i have downloaded the new wallet but getting the following error;

"Error loading blkindex.dat"

can anyone help please

Activity: 135
Better buy some UTC while its still cheap..easy double in my opinion
Activity: 554
Merit: 10

@Usukan ==> thank you for your answer and explaining. Finally, since yesterday, it is working ok with staking coins.

@Kracko ===> happy to hear from you and about the developments. Its great you’re back. Please stay with us and let us know (from time to time) you are still "here"  Wink

@Steven ====> where are you my friend ? Please show us you are still in the lead of UTC Team. It looks that the crypto coins are going up slowly, so UTC has to go in line with that and better times are coming ! ... be there a bit more on this forum as the managing team member of UTC  Grin

@All of the community members and supporters =====> pleas let's all give a positive contribution and good interpretation on this forum so that new visitors or new investors are getting curious and we catch their attention on our beautiful Ultracoin  Roll Eyes

1500-2500 kh/s network rate, where's that coming from? i have 4 gtx 970 and i have 33kh/s!
i want to learn to program fpga's, shouldn't be too different than coding my old Commodore 128 ASM Cheesy
Activity: 456
What is the correct procedure to update wallet? Do I need to download blockchain again or can I use old one?

Backup your wallet (File Menu->Backup Wallet), Exit/Quit Ultracoin QT and then install the new version.  This applies to the Windows and Mac installs.

There's no need to re-download the whole block chain.  The new version uses the same data versions of the previous.
Activity: 456
still getting a few orphans here too now - pretty normal

Would not worry

Hi folks,

Now that the changes have taken place, should it have eliminated orphans in my qt? It is just that I am still getting a few orphans from my coins that are minting, maybe one or two in every ten...

Also, what does the change to NF14 mean in laymans term? What are my miners doing differently?

Many thanks,

Roister01

Getting an occasional orphan in minting is normal.  Your coin-age from the coin group selected for minting isn't lost when a stake fails.  It keeps trying again and again until it is successful.

Your miners are mining at a less memory intensive nFactor, so the hash rate output will be higher.
Activity: 251
What is the correct procedure to update wallet? Do I need to download blockchain again or can I use old one?
Jump to: