Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 168. (Read 381004 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
@Kracko

Is this what happened to the hashrate? NF15 effect?

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/ultracoin-network-hashrate-chart

As you are probably aware NFactor 15 is coming soon.  It will happen at approximately Jan 22nd around 8:50am UTC

Keep an eye on the forums for recommended settings for your hardware at the new nFactor once it hits.  We'll all be adjusting.

For nVidia folk using cudaminer, I recommend autotuning using the algorithm of scrypt-jane:15 and -L 4 for a lookup gap of 4.  You may be able to get a better rate at higher lookup gaps, but it will take significantly longer to find the best settings for your card using autotune and the higher gaps tend to cost you more power as the GPU is worked harder to compensate for less memory.  Seems like the powers of 2 work the best for the lookup gap and 4 is about the same as 8 as far as cudaminer at NF14, it's just 8 takes more wattage.  The 970s+ with 4GB of graphics memory may fare better at lower lookup gaps.  Can't hurt to try gaps 2-8 in an autotune.

Yacminer folks may have to redo their settings if they will not work with the NF14 memory requirements.  Experienced ATI folk yacminers or otherwise, please keep an eye on the forum.  You could really help by sharing your expertise and your settings once you've mostly dialed it in after some experimenting.  Fortunately for us our Yacoin brothers have been through this already and it is relatively easy to dig up settings with some Googling.

And please don't get hung up on the lower hashrate; it's going to be lower for everyone else too.  Keep an eye on the your earning rate at the newer level.  The same amount of UTC/hr will be rewarded overall for proof of work, but those with the higher GPU memory sizes (4GB+) will benefit more at the higher nFactors than those with (<=2GB).  And again, higher lookup gaps will add more benefit as the memory requirements go up.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
We have an existing relationship with the folks over at Final Hash, they are the team who setup and invited us to Las Vegas for Hasher's United back in October. Back in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to check out their NFC technology for Bitcoin. The coins they produce are slim metal coins with the Bitcoin logo stamped on to one side, and a sticker of the logo on the NFC side along with custom wording along the ridge. These physical coins are to be used as cold storage for Bitcoin and compatible with smart phones to be used with a proprietary Bitcoin wallet that allows the transfer of Bitcoin into the cold storage. These same coins can be used for Ultracoin as a white labeled product. We are also speaking with Final Hash to aid us in mass adoption.

What does this mean? Final Hash just bought a bunch of coins from http://www.graywaterops.com/. It is simply an NFC chip imbedded in a coin. I can order whatever I want and put whatever design I want on it. All you do is use it to store the public and/or private key on it, ie a string of characters.
Activity: 275

Haha dickhead ultrader is speaking again!
Did you bastard noticed everything is down?
The golden BTC, the silver LTC and most of the altcoins .... do you think they are also dead Huh

I have believe that all will go up including UTC.
So I have faith, patience and time !

Like i told before ultracoin is dead ...nothing more nothing less
Can't you go and be a dick somewhere else? You aren't wanted here..  Undecided
according to coinmarketcap, we have 2btc daily volume across all exchanges. anybody have ideas how we can increase that 5X-7X short of manipulation? Not really sure what another exchange will give us, we are already on some good ones...

The Cahseer app sounds promising though, also new devs

good luck
Activity: 66
Welcome to the future !

Hello Ultracoin Community Members,

I just wanted to give you all a recap of the North American Bitcoin Conference and lay down some of my predictions for the future moving forward. The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami, FL this past weekend was an excellent opportunity to network with those on the cutting edge of the cryptocurrency industry. I had the pleasure to speak with many in the industries most elite, including the folks from Bitpay, Shapeshift, Storjo.io, Airbitz, Final Hash, Casheer as well as others. I also had the opportunity to reach out to many miners, gave away t-shirts and marketing material, and spoke about the coin.

I believe our largest areas of opportunity as of now are with Final Hash, Casheer and Shapeshift. Shapeshift.io is a revolutionary new cryptocurrency website that charges 0% fee's and operates on completely anonymous transactions. Speaking with a few members of their team about Ultracoin acceptance seemed promising. They told me that as long as their is demand (between 10-15BTC per day trade volume) they would highly consider putting Ultracoin on their exchange. Shapeshift is BIG, and it would put Ultracoin back on the map. The only issue is getting our volume back up to those levels we've enjoyed previously.

The Casheer app would also be a huge plus for Ultracoin, as it is a mobile payments application similar to coinpayments.net but on the go. They are a Miami based company and are thus close to my general area, I spoke with their CEO and we are looking to get together sometime soon to speak about Ultracoin integration. I believe that this may be good opportunity for gaining adoption, especially in the Miami area, which I will be able to easily represent us in. The Casheer app launched this week.

We have an existing relationship with the folks over at Final Hash, they are the team who setup and invited us to Las Vegas for Hasher's United back in October. Back in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to check out their NFC technology for Bitcoin. The coins they produce are slim metal coins with the Bitcoin logo stamped on to one side, and a sticker of the logo on the NFC side along with custom wording along the ridge. These physical coins are to be used as cold storage for Bitcoin and compatible with smart phones to be used with a proprietary Bitcoin wallet that allows the transfer of Bitcoin into the cold storage. These same coins can be used for Ultracoin as a white labeled product. We are also speaking with Final Hash to aid us in mass adoption.

Speaking of cold storage, I will be working on creating custom wallets for Ultracoin that fit on PVC plastic, just like your ID or credit card. I will be launching prototypes soon.

Lastly, I have two potential candidates setup for the development team that me and Kracko will be interviewing them this weekend. I believe these candidates have a lot of great potential as well as the experience and passion for cryptocurrency that is necessary to take us where we need to go. We plan on expanding our team further in the future.

P.S. I plan on having a community meeting this upcoming Sunday, January 25th, at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time (Convert to your local timezone here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html). The meeting will be held on http://webchat.freenode.net/, sign into the room Ultracoin.

Let's continue to work hard and make 2015 the year for Ultracoin,

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
[email protected]
Ultracoin
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Like i told before ultracoin is dead ...nothing more nothing less
Can't you go and be a dick somewhere else? You aren't wanted here..  Undecided
Activity: 456
As you are probably aware NFactor 15 is coming soon.  It will happen at approximately Jan 22nd around 8:50am UTC

Keep an eye on the forums for recommended settings for your hardware at the new nFactor once it hits.  We'll all be adjusting.

For nVidia folk using cudaminer, I recommend autotuning using the algorithm of scrypt-jane:15 and -L 4 for a lookup gap of 4.  You may be able to get a better rate at higher lookup gaps, but it will take significantly longer to find the best settings for your card using autotune and the higher gaps tend to cost you more power as the GPU is worked harder to compensate for less memory.  Seems like the powers of 2 work the best for the lookup gap and 4 is about the same as 8 as far as cudaminer at NF14, it's just 8 takes more wattage.  The 970s+ with 4GB of graphics memory may fare better at lower lookup gaps.  Can't hurt to try gaps 2-8 in an autotune.

Yacminer folks may have to redo their settings if they will not work with the NF14 memory requirements.  Experienced ATI folk yacminers or otherwise, please keep an eye on the forum.  You could really help by sharing your expertise and your settings once you've mostly dialed it in after some experimenting.  Fortunately for us our Yacoin brothers have been through this already and it is relatively easy to dig up settings with some Googling.

And please don't get hung up on the lower hashrate; it's going to be lower for everyone else too.  Keep an eye on the your earning rate at the newer level.  The same amount of UTC/hr will be rewarded overall for proof of work, but those with the higher GPU memory sizes (4GB+) will benefit more at the higher nFactors than those with (<=2GB).  And again, higher lookup gaps will add more benefit as the memory requirements go up.
Activity: 298
One of the crons was not running.  It's catching up on the backlog now.

Haven't received a single payment from utc2.tumblingblock.com for more than 6 hours now. Normally the payments happen twice every hour. Kracko please check the issue. I have stopped all auto payments from my accounts.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Haven't received a single payment from utc2.tumblingblock.com for more than 6 hours now. Normally the payments happen twice every hour. Kracko please check the issue. I have stopped all auto payments from my accounts.
Activity: 86
Activity: 416
Guess I will be pressing CTRL+U more often Cheesy Cheesy
Apparently the data element is getting html encoded so that the double quotes become " causing a javascript error.  Weird.

I pulled this from Ultrablockparty.com

var shareCharts= Morris.Line({
    element: 'sharerate-area-chart',
    data: [{"timestamp":1421417821,"time":"2015-01-16 14:17","hashrate":"23.9773","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.36772727390582},{"timestamp":1421420401,"time":"2015-01-16 15:00","hashrate":"20.0000","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.31000000238419}],

And here's a sample from utc2.tumblingblock.com

var workersChart = Morris.Line({
    element: 'workers-area-chart',
    data: [{"timestamp":1421332981,"time":"2015-01-15 09:43","hashrate":"18.1176","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.27588235367747},{"timestamp":1421334002,"time":"2015-01-15 10:00","hashrate":"20.4667","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.31233333374063},{"timestamp":1421337601,"time":"2015-01-15 11:00","hashrate":"15.6167","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.23883333392441},{"timestamp":1421341201,"time":"2015-01-15 12:00","hashrate":"18.9000","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.28533333415786},{"timestamp":1421344801,"time":"2015-01-15 13:00","hashrate":"18.0667","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.27600000053644},{"timestamp":1421348401,"time":"2015-01-15 14:00","hashrate":"17.4667","workers":"1.0000","sharerate":0.26600000075996},

@Kracko
why aren't there any GRAPHS at ultrablockparty?
@Kracko
why aren't there any GRAPHS at ultrablockparty?
Yes, it is normal.  Most wouldn't want their wallet password cached anywhere.

Stakes will show up as type "Mined" in the transactions tab.  It takes a week before a coin group is used for stake attempts.  If you enable the advanced coin control features you can actually see the coin groups.  Select the Send tab and click on the Inputs button after enabling display coin control features to bring up the coin control window.  This window can also be used to select from which groups you wish to send UTC.

is it normal to have to reneable stake minting every time i restart the wallet?

Windows 7
v0.7.3.3-g15-g0bcf258-beta

Also, how do i see the status of my minting coins?
GOOD NEWS
Even saw a small spike in price! I will keep some more coins in the next few weeks hopefully the price will go up more significantly. Smiley
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Great news UTC team!
Can you please provide the donation adress again! That would be the BTC, not the UTC...
Best of luck for the Conferance and don't forget to have some fun in the sun!  Cool

Hey guys, sorry about the late reply. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the North American Bitcoin Conference, one of the largest and most esteemed cryptocurrency conventions in the world. Last year at Hashers United, there was an attendance of a number of high profile developers, entrepreneurs and key players in the cryptocurrency community and about 200 attendee's. This years conference is much larger, and blows with over 2,000 people set to attend, with heavy press from large press outlets such as Forbes, the Bitcoinist, amongst many others. We will be setting up a table this for the conference tomorrow and preaching the gospel of Ultracoin to all 2,000 attendee's present! We will also be using this opportunity for networking and reaching out to the many vendors for potential partnerships. Exposing Ultracoin at a premiere event like this will surely stir the pot, we are packing new marketing material, Ultracoin paper wallets and tons of t-shirts. We hope to see some of you out there if you are in the South Florida area or around the city!

Also, this is very cool, someone is making Ultracoin poker chips. I ordered a couple for myself, not bad!

Check out http://cryptochips.net/ for more information on how to order yours.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
[email protected]
Ultracoin

is it normal to have to reneable stake minting every time i restart the wallet?

Windows 7
v0.7.3.3-g15-g0bcf258-beta

Also, how do i see the status of my minting coins?

Nevermind, i just got my first stake ever  Grin Grin

Still wondering how you know if its working
Jump to: