Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 174. (Read 381004 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Coin age is determined by the time of the input transaction (which is also called a coin group for staking purposes) to an address in your wallet.  You don't lose coin age by turning staking off, but it does benefit the network by leaving your wallet staking and it doesn't take very much in resources to do it.  You also maximize your chances of staking as early as possible by leaving your wallet staking 24/7.  For UTC, the minimum staking age is 7 days and the age/difficulty modifier keeps increasing until it caps out at 35 days.  Each coin group is evaluated every 30 seconds.    Once a stake difficulty is met with a newly minted block from your wallet and is accepted by the network your coin age for that coin group is reset to 0.

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 7; // minimum age for coin age
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 35; // stake age of full weight

Beave162 is right.

You don't need your pc 24/7 online.
Start your PC when ever possible, enable stake minting, and after a short time or a view hours it will automatically start and you get your staked coins as an bonus.

Gday steve, happy new year Smiley

Just a question, with regard to staking? I have a substantial wallet, but due to being away for work for long periods at a time i cannot leave to pc on all the time, and as a result cannot stake utc effectively at all, I was wondering if it would be possible to make staking a little more user friendly, say like a lot of other pos coins that when the wallet is offline you gain stake weight so every time you open the wallet you dont have to start from scratch again, i run the wallet about 12 hours a day for a week then need to close it for a week, then repeat the same thing. and so far, i am yet to stake anything?
If i could stake UTC well, i would definitely be in the market to buy a lot more at this price. Regards Dan

I'm pretty certain UTC works like every other PoS coin. You don't need your computer on all the time to earn stake 'weight' whether your wallet is online or not. You just can't actually stake unless your wallet is online. For example, buy 1000 UTC, take wallet offline, wait 30 days, open wallet, you should be staking within a few days.
Activity: 275

Beave162 is right.

You don't need your pc 24/7 online.
Start your PC when ever possible, enable stake minting, and after a short time or a view hours it will automatically start and you get your staked coins as an bonus.

Just a question, with regard to staking? I have a substantial wallet, but due to being away for work for long periods at a time i cannot leave to pc on all the time, and as a result cannot stake utc effectively at all, I was wondering if it would be possible to make staking a little more user friendly, say like a lot of other pos coins that when the wallet is offline you gain stake weight so every time you open the wallet you dont have to start from scratch again, i run the wallet about 12 hours a day for a week then need to close it for a week, then repeat the same thing. and so far, i am yet to stake anything?
If i could stake UTC well, i would definitely be in the market to buy a lot more at this price. Regards Dan

I'm pretty certain UTC works like every other PoS coin. You don't need your computer on all the time to earn stake 'weight' whether your wallet is online or not. You just can't actually stake unless your wallet is online. For example, buy 1000 UTC, take wallet offline, wait 30 days, open wallet, you should be staking within a few days.
Activity: 554
Merit: 10
Activity: 554
No worries.

Just wait and be patiënt !

And remember this: What's going down has to go up .... Wink

The whole market cap is going down so it is not strange UTC is among them also.... again be patient and wait !

@ jacobshm

In stead of listening to the Darth Vader theme you can better listen to the Troller theme, because for a troller like you it is the best song ever....

Please sit down and enjoy  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTb9GP9lVI

read this in the darth vader theme song tune  Cry
Activity: 91
read this in the darth vader theme song tune  Cry

down down down down down down down
down down down down down
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace
anybody noticed this slight aberration?

so the BTC difficulty has increased.......... but the price has dropped significantly...............

but the hashrate has INCREASED significantly?

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Go figure.

so the major holders (centralised BTC holders with majority mining power) have screwed the price (read manipulated) for a quick buck over the holiday break.

I expect - but could be wrong Sad Smiley a quick correction by next week - and it will filter through to UTC and others.

The fundamentals look awful ATM so I'm not looking for a sustainable upswing any time soon. IMHO we're headed below $200 BTC/USD. Hope I'm wrong.
Activity: 300

so the BTC difficulty has increased.......... but the price has dropped significantly...............

so the major holders (centralised BTC holders with majority mining power) have screwed the price (read manipulated) for a quick buck over the holiday break.

I expect - but could be wrong Sad Smiley a quick correction by next week - and it will filter through to UTC and others.

imho: cheap hashpower = cheap BTC, just like it happened to LTC.
time will come when worthless hardware will be used to mine worthless coin, just like rats abandoning a sinking ship...
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

Activity: 433
Thanx for the responses, and funnily enough i just recieved  50 coins Cheesy
legendary
Hi Dan - Yes it works just as Beave162 describes.

I am similar to you - away for a week or two back for a week or two.  I have noted no particular advantage in being online all the time - once/twice a week for 12 hrs catches everything up to the age of coins and staking priority. Of course if you are always connected you support/protect the network which is a bonus.

Moving coins out is going to detract - I have no idea if it preferentially sends old coins but I suspect so. I have never used coin control.

Happy staking

Cheers

Thanx for the response,
 I think continually moving coins in and out of the wallet must be my problem then, but at this price they can stay put in the wallet,  each time i add coins to the wallet, does it restart the 5 day maturing time for all coins again, or just for the newly added coins? Smiley
Regards Dan

Just the newly added coins...

Go to the 'Send' tab in the wallet. You should see the coin control feature? If you click on 'Inputs', you will be able to see the number of confirmations (and date received) of every 'input' of coins in your wallet. Obviously, you want to choose the inputs with lowest number of confirmations and fewest number of coins. Coin control is a great feature, but like most things in crypto, it needs to be more user-friendly.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Thanx for the response,
 I think continually moving coins in and out of the wallet must be my problem then, but at this price they can stay put in the wallet,  each time i add coins to the wallet, does it restart the 5 day maturing time for all coins again, or just for the newly added coins? Smiley
Regards Dan

Just the newly added coins...

Go to the 'Send' tab in the wallet. You should see the coin control feature? If you click on 'Inputs', you will be able to see the number of confirmations (and date received) of every 'input' of coins in your wallet. Obviously, you want to choose the inputs with lowest number of confirmations and fewest number of coins. Coin control is a great feature, but like most things in crypto, it needs to be more user-friendly.

Thanx for the response,
 I think continually moving coins in and out of the wallet must be my problem then, but at this price they can stay put in the wallet,  each time i add coins to the wallet, does it restart the 5 day maturing time for all coins again, or just for the newly added coins? Smiley
Regards Dan
Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Activity: 300
I acquired some GTX 750Ti 2GB but I can't seem to set them up properly.
The best I did was :
Code:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:14 -o stratum+tcp -u user -p X -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 6 -l t96x1
Which gives me only around 2,5 kH/s they should be doing more than 3k at this freq.
GPU 1350MHz, MEM 1525MHz
I have 5 cards running on 4G of RAM

Does anyone have some other settings Smiley

i do solomine with one GTX750Ti with this command:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:Ultracoin -o localhost:5555 -u user -p pass -H 2 -i 0 -m 2 -l t64x1 -L 2 -b 16384 -C 1 -s 10 -q
at 3.5kHps at default clocks.
Activity: 519
Hi Steven

Its a lot of reading - and some white papers linked to go through - but its all here:

https://blog.ethereum.org/

Vitalik is very good at explaining the very complex to the moderately knowledgeable masses.

Vitalik Buterin IMO is living in another world - not sure how much fun he is at a party but all crypto is in his head and its a melting pot working on the permutations - he is the future and he is only just over 20 yrs old - where next?

There are a lot of good YouTube egs - and this is one. Some good comments on POS and many other aspects of crypto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCGvXyrP4

other vids discuss a range of issues/opportunities

cheers  usukan

@Usukan

I believe that the the future of cryptocurrencies as just currencies alone could be shortsighted, I think blockchain applications and sidechains could absolutely become something huge in the crypto world, and it may perhaps separate the mainstream cryptocurrencies from the "alt-coins". It is definitely something that will be keeping my ear to the ground, I would like to talk with Vitalik at the convention about this (as well as many others on my list). I am familiar with sidechain and blockchain applications, but if you have any links or articles on Ethereum that you believe are must reads feel free to send them to m
e.

What happened with ultrablockparty ?
legendary
Hi Steven

Its a lot of reading - and some white papers linked to go through - but its all here:

https://blog.ethereum.org/

Vitalik is very good at explaining the very complex to the moderately knowledgeable masses.

Vitalik Buterin IMO is living in another world - not sure how much fun he is at a party but all crypto is in his head and its a melting pot working on the permutations - he is the future and he is only just over 20 yrs old - where next?

There are a lot of good YouTube egs - and this is one. Some good comments on POS and many other aspects of crypto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCGvXyrP4

other vids discuss a range of issues/opportunities

cheers  usukan

@Usukan

I believe that the the future of cryptocurrencies as just currencies alone could be shortsighted, I think blockchain applications and sidechains could absolutely become something huge in the crypto world, and it may perhaps separate the mainstream cryptocurrencies from the "alt-coins". It is definitely something that will be keeping my ear to the ground, I would like to talk with Vitalik at the convention about this (as well as many others on my list). I am familiar with sidechain and blockchain applications, but if you have any links or articles on Ethereum that you believe are must reads feel free to send them to m
e.
Activity: 476
@Usukan

e.
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
My business will be migrating to shopify in 3015! Would be great if you get a plugin for it! I know I will incorporate it!
Activity: 298
Jump to: