Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 231. (Read 381007 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
@primouno, please could you tell me what hashrate I should be getting for a 7950? Ballpark, I never mined UTC before but these seem (to me) like very low numbers.
Hey, sorry for such a late response but I was out. I really don't know what hashrates exactly you could expect for HD7950 but it should be roughly the same what R9 280 do.

@Qxw
Can you share your settings for 750ti? I can reach only 2.2 khs (Win 8.1 64 bit)  Angry
Activity: 138
Merit: 100

hello friends http://ultracoins.info has been expanded for this reason we decided to move our server a larger one,all data of our users were moved to the new http://ultracoiners.info All user can login as the Same
At Ultracoin.info do not need register. Ultracoin.info go stay open for all users to withdrawall the coins.The new pool twice faster,less orphan hight Performance Thanks for all support .2 DAYS Left Until pool TURN OFF the STRATUM

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
@usukan, I don't really understand what you mean. Tab on wallet works (I think it is a CPU miner though). Guiminer Scrypt is a GPU miner. They both work.
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
yes - sorry but if its a tab on the wallet - yes we expect a simple miner

that was my expectation - and I am not too simple..........

With respect to a simple mining solution, did you know that GuiMiner Scrypt version 5.5 supports vertcoin. Maybe somebody could update it to support UTC as well. I heard that GuiMiner can be slower, but it's a lot easier for newb to set up. No .bat required, for example. A lot of people do not like/ are afraid of, the command line.
legendary
With respect to a simple mining solution, did you know that GuiMiner Scrypt version 5.5 supports vertcoin. Maybe somebody could update it to support UTC as well. I heard that GuiMiner can be slower, but it's a lot easier for newb to set up. No .bat required, for example. A lot of people do not like/ are afraid of, the command line.
legendary
One does not simply "expect" a simple mining solution.  Cheesy
legendary
I will check again - was over a month ago I tried - was expecting a simple mining solution.......

@usukan. Is your wallet ok? When I press the "mining" tab, it brings up a new page with fields to fill in. mining pool etc
legendary
@usukan. Is your wallet ok? When I press the "mining" tab, it brings up a new page with fields to fill in. mining pool etc
legendary
Yeah - I pressed it but nobody at home?

@usukan, the UTC wallet still has a "mining" tab, though I've never used it.
legendary
@usukan, the UTC wallet still has a "mining" tab, though I've never used it.
legendary
2-3 click mining of UTC

the UTC wallet used to have a "mining" tab - I assume this was going to enable "simple" mining?

Is there any value in proving a simple all in one miner for UTC? - it could very useful in enabling mass participation in UTC.

The program just adjusts mining settings to your computer - and links up to your wallet - and then just starts mining to your address through the pool (the pool can be set to point at our preferred UTC pool). 

One exists on Github - Its staggering - very simple - called SIMPLICITY.

Here is an example developed by aceoyame - just download, set wallet preference - and run to start mining.  After wasting days trying to set up miners for various different coins I was just blown away to see this mining package work - and across 4 different algos!  I fully expected it to be something full of bugs and only to work on a few MS OS - but no - it's the real deal. The download takes longer than setup!

https://github.com/aceoyame/Simplicity-MYR

http://myriadplatform.org/simplicity/

sorry about references here to another coin but its unavoidable to explain properly without examples/source - but I think the idea is worthwhile to consider for UTC and perhaps build on (thats what open source is all about)

I would be keen on somebody looking at this for UTC as I think it would be a very good selling point to the crypto-literate who have not managed to cross the threshold to mining any coin.  This could be a key demographic in newcomers to UTC and we could get 1000's of micro miners spreading the hashrate and supporting the UTC pools.

legendary
@Qxw, thank-you for your kind reply. Be assured that I am a miner, and a holder. This coin has the best features that I've ever seen, so I wouldn't sell it or 2p lol. I see more value in it than that!. Anyway, I like low hashrate, but loads of shares! It reminds me o the early days, makes me feel kinda nostalgic.. Grin
Qxw
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
@primouno, please could you tell me what hashrate I should be getting for a 7950? Ballpark, I never mined UTC before but these seem (to me) like very low numbers.

R9 280x give around 4.4-4.5kh/s (with settings so that it run bullet proof without crashing and of course latest yacminer and 13.12 drivers, win7)  and wild quess 7950 give less.

You need remember that all is in same boat. With r9 280x give easy 740-760kh/s with normal scrypt. And about half if look normal "scrypt N"  (N = 2048))

UTC is not this. It is scrypt chacha and N value is today 14 !  (N=16384)  

My wild quess is that 9750 can give something around 3kh/s. Today  if run 3kh/s it may give something like 25 UTC in 24h. (with today typical difficulty)
If get 2mBTC / 24h it is much more than what ever other coin with this same hardware. (but perhaps it give more if do not sell now! - mine and hold. UTC value is really low now)

But really I have experience only with r9 280x rigs (sapphire toxic) and Nvidia 750Ti's what also may give around 3kh/s with much much less power that radeon GPU's

yacminer is perhaps best today for ati radeon GPU's  

If go more difficult coin as example YAC where Nvalue is 16 it is much morre difficult and hashrate drops lot of.  But do not worry, all other miners with this coin is in same boat with same kind of hashing speed.
legendary
I get 2.5 kh/s on Win 7 64 bit but on Win 8.1 I had only 2.1 with the same settings.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Hi to all.
What miner to use for AMD R9 270x and 280x ?

Thanks

Use yacminer and use this config: http://cfg.ultracoin.net/

Thx... Now I'm getting ~2.5khs / 270x but also getting HW Sad
It's not so simple Smiley You have to tune it by yourself. Try this: if config gen showed you: -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 1648 -R 3200 try:  -g 2 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 824 -R 1600 That is of course only example.
This is my setting for R9 270 not 270X: --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 1648 -R 2944

I see now Smiley I got with some other config about 1.5Khs/GPU, but with few HW Sad
What hashrate you got with this config ?
Hi to all.

Thanks

It's not so simple Smiley You have to tune it by yourself. Try this: if config gen showed you: -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 1648 -R 3200 try:  -g 2 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 824 -R 1600 That is of course only example.
This is my setting for R9 270 not 270X: --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 1648 -R 2944
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Hi to all.

Thanks

Activity: 318
Been mining UTC on and off for the last month with 750TI's.

Just received a couple of GTX970's, not impressed so far.

Can anyone help with config suggestions to improve my hashrate. I am getting about 6kh per card at the moment with this conf

cudaminer -s 10 --algo=scrypt-jane:UTC -H 2 -i 1,0 -m 2 -l t25x4 -L 2 -b 16384 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.tumblingblock.com:5555

I changed the look up to 2, that helped alot.  What else can I try?

Hi to all.

Thanks

Jump to: