Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Coinpot.co - new microwallet - page 116. (Read 100688 times)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
January 27, 2018, 11:15:04 AM
Hello,

I have a question for the most experts in Coinpot.

If Coinpot was your only way to get some coins, would you convert all the differents coins to just one coin? For instance, to convert doge, litecoin, dash, bitcash to bitcoin. Or would you wait to get every single coin? I am asking because I think that in the exchanges is quite difficult to change those smalls quantities.

Thanks

It really depends on your personal set up. If you have an exchange where you can get better than coinpot rates, not doing so is a bit silly. I withdraw the ones where I have a lot referrals a few times a month and the ones where I don't about once a month.

So for example if you're in the US (or elsewhere that has Gdax/coinbase service) and have a Gdax/Coinbase account, not withdrawing to your email and exchanging there  is a bit silly as you can save network fees etc.

Withdrawing BTC frequently from faucets to a wallet is one sure way to end up paying massive transfer fees as the number of inputs on your outbound transactions are going to increase the size of your transaction, frequently to the point where you can't spend the coins as they'd cost more in fees than their total value.

If you're in an area that does not have coinbase exchange services, converting everything to bch or ltc is very likely to make sense.

I hope this helps  Grin

Thanks for your answer.

I don't have any account in Coinbase but I am thinking to do it. Anyway I don't understand which networks fees I can save, I mean. There are just only one fee in Coinpot (for btc). Are you talking about that or are you talking about the fees inside other exchange which are not coinbase?

Do you think is it a good idea withdraw my coins directly to a wallet like JAXX instead of an exchange?

I hope you understand me, I am quite new in crypto-world.

Thanks

Withdrawing btc payouts to a wallet creates a ton of tiny inputs on that wallet. What this does is it will increase the network fee you need to pay to send those coins from that wallet (each input increases the kb size of the transaction which is what the network gets paid for), often to the point where the network fee would end up costing more than what the transaction is worth.

I'd been on hiatus from crypto for a while and claimed around 0.04btc from faucets to my wallet which was an idiotic mistake as current network fees ended up costing me almost 0.02 to send them. Back before I went on hiatus for a while, coins with over 120 confirmations were free to send  Grin

Always be up to date on what's going on or you'll burn your fingers at some point.
January 27, 2018, 11:06:50 AM
Hello,

If Coinpot was your only way to get some coins, would you convert all the differents coins to just one coin? For instance, to convert doge, litecoin, dash, bitcash to bitcoin. Or would you wait to get every single coin? I am asking because I think that in the exchanges is quite difficult to change those smalls quantities.

Thanks

It really depends on your personal set up. If you have an exchange where you can get better than coinpot rates, not doing so is a bit silly. I withdraw the ones where I have a lot referrals a few times a month and the ones where I don't about once a month.

So for example if you're in the US (or elsewhere that has Gdax/coinbase service) and have a Gdax/Coinbase account, not withdrawing to your email and exchanging there  is a bit silly as you can save network fees etc.

Withdrawing BTC frequently from faucets to a wallet is one sure way to end up paying massive transfer fees as the number of inputs on your outbound transactions are going to increase the size of your transaction, frequently to the point where you can't spend the coins as they'd cost more in fees than their total value.

If you're in an area that does not have coinbase exchange services, converting everything to bch or ltc is very likely to make sense.

I hope this helps  Grin

Good answer but one thing I don't understand: I convert all my CoinPot coins into bitcoin then withdraw to Coinbase. As long as I'm over the threshold then it's free to do so.

I don't see where the transfer fees come in that you mentioned. Can you explain pls?
I meant that using coinbase, you avoid network fees  Grin It make transfers faster for you and you don't build up a ton of tiny inputs in your wallet client.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
January 26, 2018, 09:59:15 PM
i received a 35000 satoshis of BCH in one time, but seems BCH change its address format and I lost the blocks in its blockchain
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
January 26, 2018, 07:50:29 PM
I think they are starting to be slective.

Now that i have a couple of hundred ref there they do not pay anymore. two withdrawals not paid the last two weeks.

I guess there is no use in contacting themeither. never had them reply.

I think .. after you post this .. they gonna pay you ..
 Cool Cool

lol. nope. I get a lot of refs via my own faucet. This was handy toppin gup my faucets. but even though i have maybe 200k satoshi there my last two payouts never came. and yes. i did receive confirmation emails and all that. just never received anything.
Activity: 76
Merit: 12
January 26, 2018, 05:25:24 PM
I love Coinpot. I think it's great, especially if you're new to the crypto world. You have everything you need to get started and all 7 faucets automatically withdraw into Coinpot so there's no need to set up addresses. That said, this is a hot micro wallet so I think you should transfer to your own wallet as soon as you reach the withdrawal limit.

I decided to model out how much you could make in 1 year. It depends on a variety of factors including: the original claim amount, the number of times you claim a day, the number of referrals you have, the number of times your referrals claim a day, loyalty days and a number of other factors, not to mention the price of crypto at the time. Based on my model you can make as little as $900 or as much as $2 million in 1 year as long as you pay attention to the incentive structure.

https://medium.com/@celanbryant/how-to-make-900-to-2-million-on-coinpot-in-1-yr-a17b28fb3056

Good work, I don't quite understand the min, 1 claim a day numbers though - it seems way too high for btc. Also, I thought that Bit Fun was claims every 3 minutes, not 15.
Activity: 45
Merit: 2
January 26, 2018, 08:39:42 AM
Hello,

Thanks

I hope this helps  Grin

Thanks for your answer.

I don't have any account in Coinbase but I am thinking to do it. Anyway I don't understand which networks fees I can save, I mean. There are just only one fee in Coinpot (for btc). Are you talking about that or are you talking about the fees inside other exchange which are not coinbase?

Do you think is it a good idea withdraw my coins directly to a wallet like JAXX instead of an exchange?

I hope you understand me, I am quite new in crypto-world.

Thanks
Activity: 953
Merit: 102
★★ freecoyn.com ★★
January 26, 2018, 04:43:55 AM
Hello,

Thanks

I hope this helps  Grin

Good answer but one thing I don't understand: I convert all my CoinPot coins into bitcoin then withdraw to Coinbase. As long as I'm over the threshold then it's free to do so.

I don't see where the transfer fees come in that you mentioned. Can you explain pls?
January 26, 2018, 01:48:33 AM
Hello,

Thanks

I hope this helps  Grin
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
January 25, 2018, 09:07:42 PM
Hello,

Thanks

I'm not an expert.

I convert to BCH and LTC, then move my coin.
Activity: 45
Merit: 2
January 25, 2018, 07:07:07 PM
Hello,

Thanks
Activity: 338
Merit: 104
January 25, 2018, 07:05:40 AM
I love Coinpot. I think it's great, especially if you're new to the crypto world. You have everything you need to get started and all 7 faucets automatically withdraw into Coinpot so there's no need to set up addresses. That said, this is a hot micro wallet so I think you should transfer to your own wallet as soon as you reach the withdrawal limit.

I decided to model out how much you could make in 1 year. It depends on a variety of factors including: the original claim amount, the number of times you claim a day, the number of referrals you have, the number of times your referrals claim a day, loyalty days and a number of other factors, not to mention the price of crypto at the time. Based on my model you can make as little as $900 or as much as $2 million in 1 year as long as you pay attention to the incentive structure.

https://medium.com/@celanbryant/how-to-make-900-to-2-million-on-coinpot-in-1-yr-a17b28fb3056

wow great article, not sure about the 2 million bit though!
but i can definitely see earnings near the lower end if you are prepared to put a bit of work in - nice bit of extra income in your spare time Smiley
January 25, 2018, 06:54:57 AM
Guys convert my coin to BCH OR LITECOIN, on coinpot which one is most valuable

You can see the rates offered. You then have to recompare those rates to your exchange rates etc at whereever you usually exchange. Coinpot is usually a tiny bit on the low side with rates but it has to be like that to offer instant exchanges and the spreads are fairly low for a service of this kind. Faucethub has better rates but you have to wait for someone to fill your order which can also be painful.

BCH, LTC, DOGE and Dash are all good for low fee fast withdrawals. Or if you use coinbase withdrawing to a coinbase email is also doable.

Activity: 258
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 06:14:16 AM
Guys convert my coin to BCH OR LITECOIN, on coinpot which one is most valuable
★★ freecoyn.com ★★
January 25, 2018, 04:28:46 AM

Wow, that's an incredible amount of work you put in there buddy and a very interesting read. Wish I could make $2 million a year!
Activity: 2
January 25, 2018, 12:24:49 AM

Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
January 24, 2018, 01:03:11 PM
Just made a withdrawal run on Coinpot. As usual, no issues. Expect my wallets to confirm soon, as always.   Smiley
Activity: 41
January 24, 2018, 10:25:27 AM
Since I don't mine, this was my first BCH withdrawal and it came in less than 14 hours, no issues for me with coinpot and all is good Cheesy Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/32Sxk76.png
January 24, 2018, 10:13:35 AM

Now that i have a couple of hundred ref there they do not pay anymore. two withdrawals not paid the last two weeks.

Not found that myself - can't fault them so far and I've been using the service for months. Have you complied with all the Ts&Cs?

Exactly the same here.
★★ freecoyn.com ★★
January 23, 2018, 05:12:14 PM

Not found that myself - can't fault them so far and I've been using the service for months. Have you complied with all the Ts&Cs?
Activity: 279
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 12:27:15 PM

I think .. after you post this .. they gonna pay you ..
 Cool Cool

Jump to: