Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ - page 10. (Read 929894 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442
thefuzzstone.github.io
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
That's the link to the original article, is it the vice versa? Coindesk Author(s) have copy-pasted a content from Bitcointalk?
In my opinion, if they do, the forum doesn't have the authority to accuse the website, only the member who've posted the original contents can file an accusation since he's considered the Author of that post.

If it is the usual copied from that website and pasted to a Bitcointalk thread (no sources/quotes), use the "report to moderator" button to perma-ban the user.
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip-
How it was posted? Like copy-pasted the article without any links to the source or a part of it quoted with a link to the website?
If it was posted like the poster's claiming that it is his words (no source link or quote), that's plagiarism and falls under rule #33.

This quote is self explanatory:
33. Posting plagiarized content is not allowed.
-This includes both copying parts or the entirety of other users' posts or threads and copying content from external sources (e.g. other websites) and passing it as your own.

I'm not a mod but a regular reporter.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442
thefuzzstone.github.io
Dear moderators, please, explain to me one thing about the rules of our forum.

For example, we have a topic where users discuss about the Lightning Network. Interesting and important news about Lightning Network appears in the web and somebody's posting it in this form (in the thread about Lightning Network):

Is it a violation of the rules in this situation?
global moderator
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
That's great, thank you! I've also spotted some modifications that could be made to the Wallet software description, like adding Hardware wallets and removing the part about Multibit since that's already an archived section.

Also, a minor one is that the Technical Support section has been renamed more specifically to Bitcoin Technical Support.
Fixed, thanks for the heads up.

I just completed hindi translation of this thread and posted in local Indian Community. Link are given below..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50052991

I wish this could also help to new members about forum rules and guidelines.

Added, thanks.
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
So, I can post my referral code as long I'm not aiming the referral itself and not displaying the code there.

But, how about if I forgot to hide the referral code from my post. Is it possible to my post got deleted by mods?
It's not about hiding the referral code, it is about not being a spam and the post must abide by the rules.

Example of insubstantial posts:
  • Thread displaying list of faucets and each link comes with a referral link - those posts belongs to micro earnings board and only one thread per site is allowed and it's highly likely that the faucet owner already had a thread there.
    If you post it somewhere else, that'll be off-topic.
  • Replies (Not a thread) that contains referral code - constructive or not, it will be deleted.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
It is allowed if it's not a spam like the rule said,
one example is freebitco.in's  thread which has wetsuit's referral code "?r=4" in Huge text-link which has been posted there and still active for 6 years.
Why? It's a legitimate post that "advertise" the site, not off-topic and the main purpose isn't the referral code. (only one post per site is allowed in gambling board)
So, I can post my referral code as long I'm not aiming the referral itself and not displaying the code there.

But, how about if I forgot to hide the referral code from my post. Is it possible to my post got deleted by mods?
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
Does this means we are allowed to post Ref links as long as we don't spam it?
No, share your referral link on your post/thread absolutely is not allowed.
It is allowed if it's not a spam like the rule said,
one example is freebitco.in's  thread which has wetsuit's referral code "?r=4" in Huge text-link which has been posted there and still active for 6 years.
Why? It's a legitimate post that "advertise" the site, not off-topic and the main purpose isn't the referral code. (only one post per site is allowed in gambling board)

If it is a one-line or long spammy thread with a sole purpose of displaying the referral code, it will be deleted (mods and patrollers can easily spot obvious spam).
Some DTs will Tag you for displaying referral link(s).
And worse, if there's too many referral-link posts and threads, you'll get banned by a mod.

Tip: just use your signature space for those purposes as long as the site isn't a scam (that's an issue too).
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

No, share your referral link on your post/thread absolutely is not allowed.

I realize people do post their Ref links and their own website/blogspots
For the people who have posted a referral link, their post/thread will not long lasting in the forum. Moderators will delete it as soon as possible if they found it.

But, you are allowed to put your referral link in your signature code.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
Wanted to ask Regarding on
4. No referral code (ref link) spam. [1]

Because over the year, i always thought Ref links are not allowed, but after browsing through forums for quite some time
I realize people do post their Ref links and their own website/blogspots

It is allowed?
Kindly solve my doubt

Thanks and regards,
puremage111
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip-
There are 5 pages mentioning that thingy:
-snip-
Actually, mods aren't capable of searching through the whole forum to find all off-topic or NSFW posts, they must be resorting to user reports most of the time;
that's why I underlined:
Someone must have used the "report to moderator" button
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
Probably off-topic
I have to defend myself somehow against speculations and accusations and address all questions in that thread.

I read the thread and the deleted post actually addresses the bogus accusations that the OP was making against marlboroza. I don't think it should have been deleted when other posts that are not "off-topic" where not deleted in that thread. It appears the moderator just read about "vibrating panties" and assumed it was NSFW and off topic. However, that is what the OP of thread is accusing marlborozo of stealing.
I thought that too, but then I used search button to find something and:

dildo
glowing dildo,
glass dildo

There are 5 pages mentioning that thingy:

Is it NSFW?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826
-snip-
Can someone educate me why moderator removed this post https://prnt.sc/my1dvm from this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118852.0;all ?

Is it off topic or any other reason?

Probably off-topic but the main reason is:
Someone must have used the "report to moderator" button to your post and because of being off-topic (despite of the number of other off-topic replies), it got deleted.

I read the thread and the deleted post actually addresses the bogus accusations that the OP was making against marlboroza. I don't think it should have been deleted when other posts that are not "off-topic" where not deleted in that thread. It appears the moderator just read about "vibrating panties" and assumed it was NSFW and off topic. However, that is what the OP of thread is accusing marlborozo of stealing.
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip-
Can someone educate me why moderator removed this post https://prnt.sc/my1dvm from this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118852.0;all ?

Probably off-topic but the main reason is:
Someone must have used the "report to moderator" button to your post and because of being off-topic (despite of the number of other off-topic replies), it got deleted.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
NOTE: This is meant to serve as a reference/educational/informational thread, NOT a rock solid list of rules.

Activity: 588
Merit: 110
I just completed hindi translation of this thread and posted in local Indian Community. Link are given below..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50052991

I wish this could also help to new members about forum rules and guidelines.

copper member
Activity: 88
Merit: 115
former Mysterious newbie™
Changed "Alternative clients" to "Wallet software" in the "Guidelines for threads".

Hi there,

We've just made a Romanian translation of this thread (3dOOm and I) and posted it here.

We'd be grateful if you could add it to the OP  Smiley

P.S. - it was already verified by Cyrus.

All the best!
Added, thanks.

That's great, thank you! I've also spotted some modifications that could be made to the Wallet software description, like adding Hardware wallets and removing the part about Multibit since that's already an archived section.

Also, a minor one is that the Technical Support section has been renamed more specifically to Bitcoin Technical Support.
global moderator
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Changed "Alternative clients" to "Wallet software" in the "Guidelines for threads".

Hi there,

We've just made a Romanian translation of this thread (3dOOm and I) and posted it here.

We'd be grateful if you could add it to the OP  Smiley

All the best!
Added, thanks.
copper member
Activity: 88
Merit: 115
former Mysterious newbie™
Hi there,

We'd be grateful if you could add it to the OP  Smiley

All the best!
Pages:
Jump to: