Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ - page 11. (Read 957776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
I’m not sure if only the Russian mod does that, but IMO, all other mods should prohibit it as well.

I'll try to translate the local rule about fonts from the Russian section.

Лoкaльныe пpaвилa нaшeгo paздeлa:
1. He пиcaть cooбщeния нaмepeнo дeлaя иx плoxo читaeмыми (иcпoльзoвaть вo вcём тeкcтe Caps Lock или yвeличeнный шpифт, иcпoльзoвaть тpaнcлит или иcкaжaть тeкcт, нaпpимep, пpыгaющими бyквaми).

Translation:
Local rules of our section:
1. Do not write messages making them difficult to read (don't use Caps Lock or enlarged font in the whole text; don't use transliteration; don't distort text, with jumping letters for example).
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
thats exactly what I mean.
unpleasant to read letters the size of the floor of the monitor screen.

Im has complained to similar posts but the moderator can not do anything. The huge font is prohibited only in the Russian section. Why a huge font is allowed on the rest of the forum ? Unclear. And strange.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
It mean that on the "local Russian forum" a large font is prohibited by forum rules.(You can write a post in a larger font, but then the post will be deleted by the moderator.)
In so doing, on all major sections of the forum it is allowed. Why is that?

Rules here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--994018

paragraph:
Maybe because it sucks seeing a text that huge? It’s not necessary and it’s annoying. I’m not sure if only the Russian mod does that, but IMO, all other mods should prohibit it as well.

No one wants to see spam with a font size of 198.
It mean that on the "local Russian forum" a large font is prohibited by forum rules.(You can write a post in a larger font, but then the post will be deleted by the moderator.)
In so doing, on all major sections of the forum it is allowed. Why is that?

Rules here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--994018

paragraph:
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Why on the forum bitcointalk.org in some sections denied a large font, and in some allowed? Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=10.0 - large font not allowed
I just made a quick post with a font size of 50 in the board you linked above, it worked, and I deleted it afterward (obviously).

What exactly isn't working?

He was trying size 198 in the Russian board. Let me test it here :
Test

99 is the biggest you can post here
legendary
Why on the forum bitcointalk.org in some sections denied a large font, and in some allowed? Huh

I just made a quick post with a font size of 50 in the board you linked above, it worked, and I deleted it afterward (obviously).

What exactly isn't working?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 - large font allowed
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
~snip~
There is further limits on what one can choose as an avatar. That limit is like 100 KB. I've seen some people are able to have an animated gif as an avatar. However, the 100 KB maximum makes this difficult to pull off.
You can't use .gif(original file from Photoshop) for an avatar even the size is under 100kb
I usually convert it to .png (as nc50lc said), I'm using online converter https://ezgif.com/gif-to-apng
I tried editing your avatar

.gif 15,1kb

.png 13,9kb

*click images if you want to download
*dowload .png file for an avatar

Original Hats file: https://store.goorin.com/mens-hats/shapes/baseball-hats

Thanks for the hat.  Smiley I'll try it on for a little while.

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1979
1% Skill 99% Luck :v
~snip~
There is further limits on what one can choose as an avatar. That limit is like 100 KB. I've seen some people are able to have an animated gif as an avatar. However, the 100 KB maximum makes this difficult to pull off.
You can't use .gif(original file from Photoshop) for an avatar even the size is under 100kb
I usually convert it to .png (as nc50lc said), I'm using online converter https://ezgif.com/gif-to-apng
I tried editing your avatar

.gif 15,1kb

.png 13,9kb

*click images if you want to download
*dowload .png file for an avatar

Original Hats file: https://store.goorin.com/mens-hats/shapes/baseball-hats

Thanks for the hat.  Smiley I'll try it on for a little while.
You are welcome  Wink
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Animated PNG (apng, but has an extension of .png) is the new "in" now and it's more efficient in terms of file size over quality.
This animated png file for example has 60 frames but the file size is only 209kb

Yes true this is an excellent way to have animated avatar under a restrict size limit, but remember IE (Internet Explorer) still does not support animated png Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
That limit is like 100 KB. I've seen some people are able to have an animated gif as an avatar. However, the 100 KB maximum makes this difficult to pull off.
Animated PNG (apng, but has an extension of .png) is the new "in" now and it's more efficient in terms of file size over quality.
This animated png file for example has 60 frames but the file size is only 209kb:
(209kb)
*The image is free for personal use (made by me).
(90kb LQ)

For avatars, a 30-frame image (or 60-frame "jagged") can be made into a <100kb png file which is roughly >double for gifs.

-Edit- (as an indirect reply to the next post)
Who uses Internet Explorer anyways; Personally, I only used it once to install Chrome in my Windows PC.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Are gifs still allowed or did they get banned at some point along the way?

AFIAK, gifs are still allowed. However, if all someone posts is a gif/meme and not anything substantial, many moderators will delete the post as unsubstantial. Also, the linked gif should not be more than 2 MB, or you will get the invalid image tag.  There is further limits on what one can choose as an avatar. That limit is like 100 KB. I've seen some people are able to have an animated gif as an avatar. However, the 100 KB maximum makes this difficult to pull off.
Activity: 1328
Merit: 563
MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice
Are gifs still allowed or did they get banned at some point along the way?
legendary
Is my signature ok as it is?
Yes.

Not breaking any forum rules I’m not aware of am I?
You are not breaking any rules with it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
Is my signature ok as it is? Not breaking any forum rules I’m not aware of am I?
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Changed the answer to the FAQ question about recovering hacked accounts as per theymos' new pinned thread.
copper member
Activity: 84
May i specify pls, what "bump" means exactly?
I can just post a msg in my topic like "bump" or i should start a new topic and delete the old one?

Example :
You created a topic called : "my service"
In the first post you explained what's your service but you noticed that it doesn't take the proper attention so after 24 hours from posting it, you can create another post in your topic containing the word "bump" so your topic become the first one in the list again. Your topic doesn't took the appropriate attention again so you can after 24 hours create another "bump" post but you have to remove the old bump post.
Got it. Ty!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
I can just post a msg in my topic like "bump" or i should start a new topic and delete the old one?

Example :
You created a topic called : "my service"
In the first post you explained what's your service but you noticed that it doesn't take the proper attention so after 24 hours from posting it, you can create another post in your topic containing the word "bump" so your topic become the first one in the list again. Your topic doesn't took the appropriate attention again so you can after 24 hours create another "bump" post but you have to remove the old bump post.
copper member
Activity: 84
Activity: 504
Merit: 732
can I leave my referral link in the thread?

I suppose you can find an answer here (questions and answers about referral links from one of the ex-global mods):

Question #1:

You may use referal links under a couple conditions.

1) It has to be marked. Hidden referal links are often removed.

2) The context for posting the referal link has to be on topic. For example, if I was to make a thread asking what Bitcoin exchanges people recommended for my particular situation, and you responded with a constructive post that was on topic to my question, you could post your referal link, and say something like, heres my referal link if you want to use it.

3) Don't start a thread to post your referal link. If you create a thread, even if its multiple paragraphs and pretty much on point, if you have your referal link in it, more likely than not its going to be seen as a spam advertising thread that will probably get removed.

Referal links are not banned here, but the majority of users do exactly what I said not to above, they get their referal links removed, and the misconception that referal links are banned is created.

*edit* sorry missed a couple of your questions.

Question #2:

You are allowed to put referal links in your signature, the main concern with referal links is people creating spam to give out their referal links. You can put whatever you want in your signature as long as its not a link to malware, or if its a link to a NSFW site, please label it as such. Nothing sucks worse than getting into a bad situation because that buycoinsdirect.com link in your signature is actually a cam site. Different user groups, IE legendary/Newbie have different restrictions on what sort of formating is able to be used in their signature. For example newbie accounts can't have links, certain usergroups can't have styled signatures, etc. That is disabled by settings not something you can accidentally mess up.

Question #3:

The faucet rotator rules apply the same as any referal link, such are the rules that I posted above.

Question #4:

Invite codes are the same category as referal links, and the same rules apply.

Question #5:

When you write a review and include your referal link, its really a gamble. As I said in rule #3 above "Don't start a thread to post your referal link. If you create a thread, even if its multiple paragraphs and pretty much on point, if you have your referal link in it, more likely than not its going to be seen as a spam advertising thread that will probably get removed." It will really be up to moderator discretion how your review is categorized, based on how many other reviews are there out there, how high quality is the post, are you just making the thread to give out your referal link, etc. While you could do it, the chances of the thread being removed are rather high, so you may end up wasting a lot of time writing a good review because of how the referal link is interpreted.

Question #6

And yes, you can ask people to PM you if they would like your referal link.

Post with the Russian translation (if you need it).
Pages:
Jump to: