Pages:
Author

Topic: *update client [ANN] BitBar New POW-POS scrypt CryptoCoin - page 4. (Read 60290 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 251
Interesting to see bitbar again at the top of profitability.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
on the notes of the 2 positive messages above, I have .56 BTBS im willning to sell atm
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It seems like bitbar is destined to sit on the sidelines as an often overlooked alt, steadily churning along and steadily rising in price until it reaching widespread adoption. The fundamentals are sound behind it, it's just going to take some time to get there.

And that's good. Every other coin out there has no marketability or is a flash in the pan peice of junk. Bitbar, hopefully can be a long term player that surprises all the trolls.

I totally agree.

this coin looks like it may have some things that will set it apart and the authors gave it a bit of thought. I was waiting for something like NovaCoin that wasn't premined... unfortunately:
* so many crapcoins have been released lately it may get lost in the noise
* smaller numbers aren't as sexy as the large ones...(although mincoin has made it to some extent...hopefully this turns into something)

As rbdrbd said, BitBar is sitting on the sideline waiting for those crapcoins to be pumped and dumped.
The BitBars devs did an excellent job on making this cryptocurrency. Props for them.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
It seems like bitbar is destined to sit on the sidelines as an often overlooked alt, steadily churning along and steadily rising in price until it reaching widespread adoption. The fundamentals are sound behind it, it's just going to take some time to get there.

And that's good. Every other coin out there has no marketability or is a flash in the pan peice of junk. Bitbar, hopefully can be a long term player that surprises all the trolls.
Just bought some BitBars. I really like the storage concept.
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
OP updated. sorry for the delay.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
To be honest the sellers have done it to themselves as the majority just keep dumping at the best buy offer rather than just leaving it in the order book and waiting. If they weren't so eager to offload it then the price may have improved but all the buyers need to do is just keep lowering the bar as the sellers are prepared to accept anything.

I think those 520 confirms for a block to mature will be becoming a major problem right about now. The only thing that can help it is a massive drop in difficulty to get the blocks moving faster, as the difficulty retasks every block this may help it but I think bitbar is slowly dying.

BitBar isn't supposed to be a "fast transaction/confirmation" coin anyway, it's a "storage" coin. Diff and blocks are fine.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
hey, I just got rid of this "warning checkpoint to old" - go for new .zip @ bitbar.biz .
maybe update OP ?
donator
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)
I've been following the BitBar pretty closely since its launch. I haven't felt this motivation for an altcoin since the launch of Litecoin. It's great that the BitBar network could come to a severe halt and still function accordingly.

Despite popular opinion, I do not think that it is slowly dying as it has only taken one baby step and is originally intended to be a long-term store of value. I am aware that a lot of it is psychological towards the human mind/condition. The concept of electronic money wasn't something to be taken seriously 50 years ago. First real-world conception was only about ~20 years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigiCash

It's disheartening to see the type of initial publicity that it has been getting on this forum due to less than stellar planning. Even so, this crypto won't be another 'that's all she wrote' story. It isn't a generic 30 minute clone and it brings something experimental to the table. Just my two millibars..  Wink
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
To be honest the sellers have done it to themselves as the majority just keep dumping at the best buy offer rather than just leaving it in the order book and waiting. If they weren't so eager to offload it then the price may have improved but all the buyers need to do is just keep lowering the bar as the sellers are prepared to accept anything.

I think those 520 confirms for a block to mature will be becoming a major problem right about now. The only thing that can help it is a massive drop in difficulty to get the blocks moving faster, as the difficulty retasks every block this may help it but I think bitbar is slowly dying.
Activity: 154
CoinTropolis
I sold quite a few bars at a nice profit, I'm grateful so many were willing to dump it so cheap.  I'll be honest.. after following some of Trucoin's posts concerning the exchanges, I realized I just didn't support the direction.  I wish BitBar the best.. I really do.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
The value of BTB has been consistently falling ever since it began trading on bter.com, you can now buy from between 0.22 --> 0.29 BTC per BTB depending on how quick you want it. As such it's no longer profitable to mine so everyone is moving their mining efforts elsewhere hence the drop in hashrate.

This will compound the problem for those waiting for payments to mature as 520 blocks was taking about 4 days back when it was popular. I'd expect this has at least doubled by now.
What happened to the massive hashrate?
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I would place a bid , I'm just not trusting BTER with my coins.

Why not?  Do they have a bad security record?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
I would place a bid , I'm just not trusting BTER with my coins.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
So what, its not even PUBLIC!, you sow beter rate for FTC or CHN on Bter, 5K CHN for 3BTC, all day ROFL, be a man and be realistic!

On bter for first day i earned 100% from 20BTC on pump/dump CHN, and with 20BTC i wos the BIGEST investor, rofl
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Just saw that BitBar is on http://www.coinwarz.com with a profitability of 175% +, but I don't see it on Bter.com.  Am I missing something or does someone have a link?

Check the actual price on Bter, the first "big" order to purchase BTB is at 0.25100 BTC https://bter.com/trade/btb_btc

People is just putting 0.001 BTB for 0.6 BTC for sale to make it look like it's worth more.

And why don`t you check big chunk of sold one to see real truth? Smiley

Whats you play, need cheap coinz? Tongue

LOL?

biggest sell was 5 hours ago at 0.7BTC and 18BTB in total.

The next "Big" buy order is for 18.58280 BTB at 0.25100 BTC
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
Just saw that BitBar is on http://www.coinwarz.com with a profitability of 175% +, but I don't see it on Bter.com.  Am I missing something or does someone have a link?

Check the actual price on Bter, the first "big" order to purchase BTB is at 0.25100 BTC https://bter.com/trade/btb_btc

People is just putting 0.001 BTB for 0.6 BTC for sale to make it look like it's worth more.

And why don`t you check big chunk of sold one to see real truth? Smiley

Whats you play, need cheap coinz? Tongue
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Activity: 151
Pages:
Jump to: