Pages:
Author

Topic: USB ASIC ERUPTER - Setup & Config. BCG Miner, cgminer & Hubs "Oh Pi"! - page 6. (Read 156864 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hi guys, I just noticed the items I bought last month are a lot cheaper. 

Arctic Breeze Fan was $17.98 - now $8.99!
Edimax wireless was $21.94 - now $10.97!

Guess all our buying lowered prices  Tongue

is the fan needed for the asicminers?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Hi guys, I just noticed the items I bought last month are a lot cheaper. 

Arctic Breeze Fan was $17.98 - now $8.99!
Edimax wireless was $21.94 - now $10.97!

Guess all our buying lowered prices  Tongue
Activity: 59
This hub seems to work with 4 or 5 erupters. The power supply is 2A but I can't find any specs on max total power draw. I have one with 4 erupters and a USB fan, and a second with 5 erupters. It's only been running for about 20 minutes, so there is still time for something to blow up.

Rosewill RHB-330 7 Ports USB 2.0 Hub (really a 5 port powered hub with 2 unpowered ports)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182212
Currently on sale with rebate for $14AR (through 7/18/13).

I'm running cgminer 3.3.1 with the following conf file. If anybody needs the conf file settings, these work. I had a difficult time finding a conf file since most people seem to prefer the command line. I prefer the conf files because of how easy it is to configure backup pools. Note that there are no icarus settings in this conf - this is a VERY basic conf file. The icarus settings are apparently not needed with the new(er) cgminer versions.

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333",
"user" : "username",
"pass" : "pass"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333",
},
{
"url" : "http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333",
},
{
"url" : "http://us1.eclipsemc.com:8337",
}
],

"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",

"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "2",
"scan-time" : "60",
"worktime" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

}
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Where could I get a fan for just a few USB Erupters? I'm expecting to be running 3 and likely won't be using a seperate hub for them initially.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
I only had to run it once as well.   Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I have not had to rerun Zadig since.  And I have added Erupters since my initial install.  Running 10 now.
Sam

well, to be clear, I only use Win7 as a backup when I'm testing scripts on the RPi.
have yet to thoroughly investigate a fix for the situation
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
Not so solved,

when starting cgminer 5 or 6 are recognized almost immediately, the rest come in a few seconds later but the last few more often than not are not listed  Huh

anyone else have this problem ?

I've found I have to run the zadig driver installer each time I start mining in Win7, like so:
    1 - plug in erupters
    2 - run zadig installer
    3 - disconnect & reconnect erupters
    4 - start cgminer

That is just bizarre.  I ran Zadig once and have not had to do it since.

Per the ASIC readme
1. Unplug all Erupters
2. Run Zadig - Install WinUSB (I may have rebooted, can't remember for sure) - You cannot install WinUSB while Erupters are plugged in.
3. Plug in one Erupter, verify that it is set to WinUSB.
4. Close Zadig, plug in the rest of the Erupters, run CGMiner.
Done

Win7 32bit.

I have not had to rerun Zadig since.  And I have added Erupters since my initial install.  Running 10 now.
Sam
Maybe I will try that, I haven`t shut down since I got them mining so that might sort it..

Angry Dont want stop them, but I must...

Reboot worked, why I didn`try before ?  Huh  Grin
Not so solved,

when starting cgminer 5 or 6 are recognized almost immediately, the rest come in a few seconds later but the last few more often than not are not listed  Huh

I've found I have to run the zadig driver installer each time I start mining in Win7, like so:
    1 - plug in erupters
    2 - run zadig installer
    3 - disconnect & reconnect erupters
    4 - start cgminer
My 11 arrived this morning and all is good.
The only problem am having is displaying more than 9 in cgminer, i can tell there all there just not all in the first list.
Do i need to add something to the config file?

(windows 7)

EDIT : SOLVED a couple of restarts of cgminer done the trick

Not so solved,

Activity: 257
@Neil , Do you have jaycar in NZ , http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4946   I hope this hub works on the pi 5Volt/3A USB2.0

We do have jaycar, not where I live but I can certainly order online.  Let me know if you get one of those hubs and if it works or not, they look cool.

Neil

Sure thing , I'll let you know by the end of the week.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
@Neil , Do you have jaycar in NZ , http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4946   I hope this hub works on the pi 5Volt/3A USB2.0

We do have jaycar, not where I live but I can certainly order online.  Let me know if you get one of those hubs and if it works or not, they look cool.

Neil
Activity: 27
It may be a 'Pi' specific thing.

I am thinking it is more of a Rasperian thing, under Arch in MinePeon they run fine, I downloaded Rasperian last night and everything went wonkey like you guys are experiencing.

Neil

@Neil , Do you have jaycar in NZ , http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4946   I hope this hub works on the pi 5Volt/3A USB2.0
http://www.jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/productLarge_13734.jpg

(wrong Quote sorry)

According to the specs, this hub will handle up to 3A, so at most it'll be able to run just 6 ports with these USB miners. Correct?

0.5a per miner?
Activity: 257

I am thinking it is more of a Rasperian thing, under Arch in MinePeon they run fine, I downloaded Rasperian last night and everything went wonkey like you guys are experiencing.

Neil

@Neil , Do you have jaycar in NZ , http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4946   I hope this hub works on the pi 5Volt/3A USB2.0

(wrong Quote sorry)
Has anyone have a list of USB hub that's compatible with the RPi.

The ones on the first post are all NOT compatible...looking for at least 10 ports, currently building a Raspberry Pi Miner from Adafruit.

hmm - the Satechi ST-UH12P apparently works with Pi, but seems to have power issues.
Unless someone else chimes in here, consider chaining 2 of the D-Link DUB-H7
Activity: 27
Has anyone have a list of USB hub that's compatible with the RPi.

The ones on the first post are all NOT compatible...looking for at least 10 ports, currently building a Raspberry Pi Miner from Adafruit.
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
I guess it's worth a mention that while waiting for my d-link hubs and fans to arrive, my ubutnu 11.10 laptop is running 3 erupter off an old cheap Topcom usb mini hub 224 p2.0.
My 11 arrived this morning and all is good.
The only problem am having is displaying more than 9 in cgminer, i can tell there all there just not all in the first list.
Do i need to add something to the config file?

(windows 7)

EDIT : SOLVED a couple of restarts of cgminer done the trick
Activity: 182

Neil

This is under Arch/minepeon though. Under rasperian it's worse. I agree with that.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Neil
Pages:
Jump to: