Pages:
Author

Topic: USB ASIC ERUPTER - Setup & Config. BCG Miner, cgminer & Hubs "Oh Pi"! - page 10. (Read 156864 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
6 - AMU devices thru a Raspberry Pi running MinePeon (6-11-2013 rev) and mining with CGMiner 3.2.1, I can confirm the DLink DUB-7H powered hub does work. I DID NOT use any of the icarus options nor timing when launching CGMiner.

Hey, buddy! We've got a similar setup! What's your guess about the ROI of the AMUs?

BTW, what sort of cooling are you using, if any?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
6 - AMU devices thru a Raspberry Pi running MinePeon (6-11-2013 rev) and mining with CGMiner 3.2.1, I can confirm the DLink DUB-7H powered hub does work. I DID NOT use any of the icarus options nor timing when launching CGMiner.

I can confirm that the Plugable USB 3.0 High Powered hub DOES NOT work with the AMUs.

Absolutely Beautiful!
Activity: 379

I can confirm that the Plugable USB 3.0 High Powered hub DOES NOT work with the AMUs.

legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
You know, I've rarely had HW errors with my GPUs. How come these USB Eruptors that cost as much as a new gen GPU produce ANY HW errors at all?

Supposedly that is the nature of all ASIC's.
Activity: 378
You know, I've rarely had HW errors with my GPUs. How come these USB Eruptors that cost as much as a new gen GPU produce ANY HW errors at all?

Considing it's the size of a thumb, you are being a bit picky.  :-D    GPUs mining BTC may have low error rates, but mining scrypt all out... anything less than 3-5% is acceptable, and normal. BTC is intensity 8-11(depending on GPU model) and scrypt is usually 13+
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
New cgminer version, 3.2.2, hopefully fixes a lot of bugs with the direct USB behaviour on these devices.
Great.

Now just need to properly uninstall the USB to UART stuff...
What's the formula to calculate HW error % rate? HW divided by A?

That is how I'm calculating it.

In that case I'm getting about 0.8% error with cooling. Without cooling I'm getting 1.0%

However, without cooling, my hashrate starts to drop after a couple of days. The fan seems to fix this.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself

That is how I'm calculating it.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
one hub bad, two hubs okay.
still waiting for my anker.

look how I added heatsinks.
right now running at 3002GH/s with 0.057%HW.

Actually, like I said previously, I have 9 with the fan in a hub and one just plugged straight into the PC and while that one has one of the higher error rates, it is not the worst!  I also tried throwing one in the fridge and then freezer for 20 mins and trying it and hashrate & error rate was the same as the others. Also, about the theory that they are too close - one of the worst error rate ones is right next to one of the best ones. So, I'm getting the impression that it's pretty random how each one performs, just like lemons come off car assembly lines and I can tell you from my job, that quality of workmanship is really the BIGGEST factor in how a product performs. Obviously, design and quality of materials are also huge factors.
I can confirm that with proper cooling, the HW error rate of the Block Eruptor drops to a fraction of the rate without cooling. The Arctic Breeze USB fan is ideal for this, although you may have trouble fitting it into your USB hub. I used a separate USB power supply.
Their fans were not doing the trick so....their idea did as errors rate dropped after mod.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2479246

Actually, scratch what I said. I haven't run the rig long enough to see if the cooling affects the HW error rate this much. Watch this space.
I can confirm that with proper cooling, the HW error rate of the Block Eruptor drops to a fraction of the rate without cooling. The Arctic Breeze USB fan is ideal for this, although you may have trouble fitting it into your USB hub. I used a separate USB power supply.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Alas I'm infamous for my impatience, but do scan the forums a lot. Ignore me.

I thought you were famous for your inpatients.

HEEEELLPPP!!!!!!!!!!
I just realized I'm a trapped inpatient with impatience here!!!
Gotta get out...I gotta get out.....
m,,,.mmm...miners...I neeed more..mm..m  miners..

I thought you were famous for your inpatients.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
I used cgminer 3.2.1 to connect to btcguild, but I get this error:

[2013-06-16 14:14:28] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a Windows USB driver for - AMU device 2:5
[2013-06-16 14:14:28] Icarus detect (2:5) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

I did install the driver CP210x_VCP_Windows on my win8 PC, and the USB erupter works fine with Bitminter using its client.

My script is:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxx -p yyyy

can someone help please.
It tells you why exactly there. You need to install a windows usb driver. As the docs say, you DO NOT USE THE FTDI DRIVER that other software uses, when using cgminer. You'll see exact instructions for it spelt out in the ASIC-README included with cgminer.

Should I uninstall the driver CP210x_VCP_Windows ?
How about following the docs in ASIC-README? Step by step instructions, would you like me to read them out for you?

You can read them to me!
 Wink
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 476

[2013-06-16 14:14:28] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a Windows USB driver for - AMU device 2:5
[2013-06-16 14:14:28] Icarus detect (2:5) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

I did install the driver CP210x_VCP_Windows on my win8 PC, and the USB erupter works fine with Bitminter using its client.

My script is:

can someone help please.
It tells you why exactly there. You need to install a windows usb driver. As the docs say, you DO NOT USE THE FTDI DRIVER that other software uses, when using cgminer. You'll see exact instructions for it spelt out in the ASIC-README included with cgminer.

How about following the docs in ASIC-README? Step by step instructions, would you like me to read them out for you?

ok, calm down man, you seem to be irritated. I've been a long term user of your cgminer, so please be patient. If you don't want to answer my questions, just skip them, ok? Anyway thanks for the cgminer.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

My script is:

can someone help please.

Pages:
Jump to: