Pages:
Author

Topic: USD vs BTC - page 33. (Read 121137 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
May 24, 2017, 11:39:04 PM
Yes I agree the acceptance of the USD is more popular than the bitcoin and people still love the physical existence of the currency in form of a metal coin or a paper note instead of the digital currency which they cannot carry like a USD in the pockets. Therefore the USD is preferred.

Physical money will always have a place in the world economy, but everything is becoming more and more digital. I personally almost never pay with physical money anymore, as I just use my smartphone or bank card to complete purchases. It's a trend that is only getting stronger among the younger generation. At some point the majority of the people in modern economies will ditch physical money as it will become more and more obsolete -- it's just a matter of time.

USD can become purely digital extremely easily. Most transactions nowadays are conducted directly through card transactions which do not involve physical cash. Bitcoin would need to be more competitive than just being a digital currency to compete with the already dominant USD.
Correct. Bitcoin can’t become the number one Currency if the people that use Bitcoin need the coin and have to transfer Bitcoin to get USD. There really is not that many places that have Bitcoin only payments within the stores, they usually have Bitcoin paired with USD on it and that makes zero sense why someone should pay with Bitcoin instead of just regular fiat.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
May 24, 2017, 10:16:27 PM
May be not yet. Bitcoin has emerged as new virtual currency and its just been a decade or so. USD is physical and running since ages. So people love bitcoin but I don't think it is in the place of everybody's mind.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
May 24, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
USd for me is a hoax. There are some arguments before that usd is worth 0 and they are just manipulating the market so that it could still looks like has a value tho on the other hand btc is not yet fully built
You should move on and let that hoax information leave your brain. USD is not a hoax and if it is hoax then a lot of smart people are against USD and the US will never make their country well maintained and established because their foundation for their development is their money which is the USD so it doesn't make sense that USD is a hoax while it already funded a lot of things.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
May 24, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
USd for me is a hoax. There are some arguments before that usd is worth 0 and they are just manipulating the market so that it could still looks like has a value tho on the other hand btc is not yet fully built
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
May 24, 2017, 07:54:55 PM
Bitcoin would need to be more competitive than just being a digital currency to compete with the already dominant USD.

Correct -- Bitcoin as it is right now, is simply not able to compete with fiat in general. That's why it's important to help Bitcoin move forward with implementations such as SegWit at first, and then Lightning Network (LN) after that. LN is really going to put Bitcoin in a strong/dominant position in terms of enhancing Bitcoin's currency functionalities. It's a much needed implementation, but it will have to deal with a great level of resistance due to miners once again not being willing to cooperate. Look at how long SegWit has been held back, imagine how that will be with LN....
Activity: 700
May 24, 2017, 07:37:22 PM
Yes I agree the acceptance of the USD is more popular than the bitcoin and people still love the physical existence of the currency in form of a metal coin or a paper note instead of the digital currency which they cannot carry like a USD in the pockets. Therefore the USD is preferred.

Physical money will always have a place in the world economy, but everything is becoming more and more digital. I personally almost never pay with physical money anymore, as I just use my smartphone or bank card to complete purchases. It's a trend that is only getting stronger among the younger generation. At some point the majority of the people in modern economies will ditch physical money as it will become more and more obsolete -- it's just a matter of time.
although it is possible that physical money can be replace by bitcoin or any other crypto currency but i think it will take a lot of time as it not such an easy job. it require a lot of hord world and time consuming.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 24, 2017, 07:24:30 PM
yes .... btc has future as activity in virtuality ,,, dollar is needed for survival in reality .... divine money will help them both from supra-reality
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
May 24, 2017, 04:55:24 PM

USD can become purely digital extremely easily. Most transactions nowadays are conducted directly through card transactions which do not involve physical cash. Bitcoin would need to be more competitive than just being a digital currency to compete with the already dominant USD.
legendary
Merit: 1091
May 24, 2017, 04:45:08 PM

legendary
Merit: 1029
May 24, 2017, 04:13:19 PM
is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?

Even a year after the post, bitcoin did not become more popular than the US dollar, because there are still many people who have not even heard of it.

Yes, there are chances that it will become popular when more people are using it and already year after year many people start buying bitcoin. It only indicates that the price of bitcoin is kept increasing because new people entering into bitcoin community.

But when considering multiplying my wealth, I guess only will will be capable of helping in quick time whereas USD wealth will shrink due to inflation.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
May 24, 2017, 01:35:52 AM
As at today I can said bitcoin is more popular than USD in my area. Many people pick more interest in bitcoin because of it values and nature. You cannot easily make a transaction with dollar without heavy charges but bitcoin has resolved those issues.

No, bitcoin is not yet popular as dollar. Because dollar has been in the world a lot of years already while bitcoin is still a new one. But if there will be some advertisement from the US government that they are supporting bitcoin, it will be the start of the people to believe and will get the bitcoin from their own pockets by buying and making the demand higher.

bitcoin is not yet approved by sec. lets wait for the time when it will be approved and be implemented in the US. we all know that US citizen will be punished if they are caught joining or investing on cryptocurrency crowd funding. so lets just hope that they approved it.

Still waiting for the right time to see bitcoin approved by the SEC. And if that happens for sure there will be a good connection of USD and BTC all the time. People will tend to keep on working for both currencies or whatever they prefer. By that time, we will not be having difficulties to ask if the person we are transacting is accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
May 23, 2017, 10:42:03 PM
As at today I can said bitcoin is more popular than USD in my area. Many people pick more interest in bitcoin because of it values and nature. You cannot easily make a transaction with dollar without heavy charges but bitcoin has resolved those issues.

No, bitcoin is not yet popular as dollar. Because dollar has been in the world a lot of years already while bitcoin is still a new one. But if there will be some advertisement from the US government that they are supporting bitcoin, it will be the start of the people to believe and will get the bitcoin from their own pockets by buying and making the demand higher.

bitcoin is not yet approved by sec. lets wait for the time when it will be approved and be implemented in the US. we all know that US citizen will be punished if they are caught joining or investing on cryptocurrency crowd funding. so lets just hope that they approved it.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
May 23, 2017, 06:47:55 PM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
May 23, 2017, 03:57:19 PM
it's funny.
bitcoin is a virtual currency and it has been created for several years before, on the other hand, USD is massive. it's popularity, acceptability and credibility are unimaginable then bitcoin. in the current world, USD dominates all over the world in the monetary system, so bitcoin should not be compared with USD right now.
We should have both of them, they have different function so no need to choose what is better, of course majority would still choose USD if ever given the chance to choose, bitcoin is only an alternative way to earn and to transact things easily, a good one but still we need our local currency not only bitcoin.
Yes I agree due to the increasing acceptance we should keep the bitcoin for the future or where we see it easy to exchange the BTC with any goods and services while being realistic we know it very well that the USD is an international currency and easily acceptable anywhere in the world.
Activity: 714
May 22, 2017, 11:35:40 PM

Bitcoin has become more popular as an investment rather then currency and usd is more popular as currency as it is widely used and accepted in almost every country but that feature is completely missing in bitcoins at a moment but hopefully things will change in future for sure.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
May 22, 2017, 05:27:47 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
May 22, 2017, 05:10:49 PM
Despite being a Bitcoin fanatic I still believe the US dollar is more popular than Bitcoin and can be found in any part of the world. I'm hopeful Bitcoin will attain and even surpass the fame of the USD one day but for now it's still walking in the shadows of the US dollar.
Even if someone is a fanatic of Bitcoin, then he needs real money for everyday life. And this means that without the dollar you can not get away anywhere. So you can earn bitcoins to sell for dollars and even some Bitcoin parts to save as a good investment tool and even as a masterpiece of cryptography.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
May 22, 2017, 09:26:42 AM
Despite being a Bitcoin fanatic I still believe the US dollar is more popular than Bitcoin and can be found in any part of the world. I'm hopeful Bitcoin will attain and even surpass the fame of the USD one day but for now it's still walking in the shadows of the US dollar.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 22, 2017, 06:19:11 AM
Bitcoin is more useful and advanced than USD but there's no doubt the US dollar is the most popular currency in the world. It might take some time for Bitcoin to get there but it's not something difficult to achieve.

well when it comes to use, btc can be more useful due to some features that makes transactions a lot more convenient. though the challenge is accessibility and the fact that a lot of markets bank on the usd. it will definitely take btc a lot of time and perhaps changes before it even challenges the dollar
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
May 22, 2017, 02:47:43 AM
Bitcoin is more useful and advanced than USD but there's no doubt the US dollar is the most popular currency in the world. It might take some time for Bitcoin to get there but it's not something difficult to achieve.
Pages:
Jump to: