Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 89. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
alright I need some help want to install vanity gen on mac osx can any one point me to a step by step or video or what every?

That would be helpful.

This may help you:
http://www.stanley-adams.co.uk/2013/12/custom-vanity-bitcoin-address/

thanks got all the way to installing The home brew
 but then I get this -bash: brew: command not found
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
alright I need some help want to install vanity gen on mac osx can any one point me to a step by step or video or what every?

That would be helpful.

This may help you:
http://www.stanley-adams.co.uk/2013/12/custom-vanity-bitcoin-address/
Activity: 728

That would be helpful.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
How do I import the private key into bitcoin?

Please help me !

Thanks !

in wich wallet do you want to import your private key ?
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
How do I import the private key into bitcoin?
That depends on the client (software wallet / online wallet) you're using.  Usually if you google for "[name] import private key" you should be able to find instructions on how to do so.
FUN > ROI
You probably would be safer using the key mining pool.
https://vanitypool.appspot.com/
Safeness is the same, that's the whole point of split key generation - the requesting party doesn't have to trust the generating party Smiley

vanitypool will work as well, though - still people polling it (manually or using vanityminer) - just keep in mind that you have to pre-pay.  Not terribly expensive, but not free (of course the generating party's electricity/time isn't free either, but there you go).

The main down side to vanitypool is that you have to pre-pay and prices are rather on the high side.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie

Or I could run my 780ti for a couple hours and it probably would generate pretty fast
EDIT: 50% is in 3 hours if interested.

I really appreciate the offer for this.  TBH, I have to work on quite a few other projects today and tomorrow but as soon as I get a chance to look into this more closely I'll more than likely contact you to take you up on this.  Again, many thanks.  It's not that I'm unappreciative, I've just gotta knock out some other priorities before looking more closely into vanity addresses Smiley

Cheers!

Edit: Another thing I just thought of is the fact that I have an old Antminer which hashes as about 3GH/sec, I have no idea if it's possible to use this to find a vanity address but I would think that it is in principle.  Maybe I should read more on how to point vanitygen to my miner (right now it's just running on an oldish amd64 at my work Smiley).

I don't believe Bitcoin addresses are based of sha-256 algorithms. ASIC miners are built with one purpose, to heat your place, and mine bitcoins. The only things that can utilize this are sha-256 alt currencies and anything running sha-256(sha-256)

Good point, that final comment was obviously some sort of wishful thinking on my part.  Thanks again for all the help here.  I'll be looking into this more carefully soon.  Cheers again!
No problem. There are many uses for your old antminer. Boil water, dry clothes, heat in the winter, maybe cook an egg on, a paperweight. The possibilities are endless!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

Or I could run my 780ti for a couple hours and it probably would generate pretty fast

I really appreciate the offer for this.  TBH, I have to work on quite a few other projects today and tomorrow but as soon as I get a chance to look into this more closely I'll more than likely contact you to take you up on this.  Again, many thanks.  It's not that I'm unappreciative, I've just gotta knock out some other priorities before looking more closely into vanity addresses Smiley

Cheers!

Edit: Another thing I just thought of is the fact that I have an old Antminer which hashes as about 3GH/sec, I have no idea if it's possible to use this to find a vanity address but I would think that it is in principle.  Maybe I should read more on how to point vanitygen to my miner (right now it's just running on an oldish amd64 at my work Smiley).

I don't believe Bitcoin addresses are based of sha-256 algorithms. ASIC miners are built with one purpose, to heat your place, and mine bitcoins. The only things that can utilize this are sha-256 alt currencies and anything running sha-256(sha-256)

Good point, that final comment was obviously some sort of wishful thinking on my part.  Thanks again for all the help here.  I'll be looking into this more carefully soon.  Cheers again!
legendary
Lie down. Have a cookie

Cheers!

legendary
Code:
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT
Yeah, probably just bad luck then. 7-character prefix will take a while on most hardware and the bad end of variance scales accordingly.

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

Right on, for the moment I've got no rush so I'll just let it crank away for a while.  If I get desperate sometime a week or so from now then I may just take you up on that.  Thanks TheRealSteve.

I'm not sure what version you are running, but I checked on my system:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT
Prefix difficulty:         888446610538 1WALNUT
Difficulty: 888446610538

$ ./vanitygen -v  -i 1WALNUT
Prefix difficulty:          27763956579 1WALNUT

The difficulty with and without the -i (ignore case) is different, and my ignore case is giving the same difficulty as your code dump.
It seems your version is looking for the all caps, but is showing difficulty equal to my ignore case command.
So all the probability is calculated based on a wrong number, it will probably take about 888/27 = 38 times longer to find a single key.
based on ~350Kkey/s about 20 days to hit the 50%

Interesting.  I'm using a version that I checked out from git just last week.  I installed the build-deps for debian and then ran make and I was off and running.

Oh this, I look closer and I see that I've also got -i set, whoopsy!  That explains the descrepancy.  Given the fact that you can't have lower case "l" in a bitcoin address, I may just need to look into that split key thingy and/or use a better computer for this project Smiley

Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers!

legendary
Lie down. Have a cookie
Code:
Yeah, probably just bad luck then. 7-character prefix will take a while on most hardware and the bad end of variance scales accordingly.

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

Right on, for the moment I've got no rush so I'll just let it crank away for a while.  If I get desperate sometime a week or so from now then I may just take you up on that.  Thanks TheRealSteve.

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT

The difficulty with and without the -i (ignore case) is different, and my ignore case is giving the same difficulty as your code dump.
It seems your version is looking for the all caps, but is showing difficulty equal to my ignore case command.
So all the probability is calculated based on a wrong number, it will probably take about 888/27 = 38 times longer to find a single key.

Interesting.  I'm using a version that I checked out from git just last week.  I installed the build-deps for debian and then ran make and I was off and running.

Oh this, I look closer and I see that I've also got -i set, whoopsy!  That explains the descrepancy.  Given the fact that you can't have lower case "l" in a bitcoin address, I may just need to look into that split key thingy and/or use a better computer for this project Smiley

legendary
Code:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT

Interesting.  I'm using a version that I checked out from git just last week.  I installed the build-deps for debian and then ran make and I was off and running.

Oh this, I look closer and I see that I've also got -i set, whoopsy!  That explains the descrepancy.  Given the fact that you can't have lower case "l" in a bitcoin address, I may just need to look into that split key thingy and/or use a better computer for this project Smiley

Activity: 89
Merit: 11
Code:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -v 1WALNUT

legendary
Code:

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.

Right on, for the moment I've got no rush so I'll just let it crank away for a while.  If I get desperate sometime a week or so from now then I may just take you up on that.  Thanks TheRealSteve.
FUN > ROI
Code:

If you're keen on having it, generate a private/public key pair, post the public key here, and maybe some kind folks will attempt a search for you.  See the discussion on split key generation a page or 2 back for details.
legendary
Just for kicks, what is the exact command line you're using?

Code:
Prefix difficulty:          27763956579 1WALNUT
Difficulty: 27763956579
Using 2 worker thread(s)
FUN > ROI
Just for kicks, what is the exact command line you're using?
legendary
I've had vanitygen looking for a particular vanity prefix (6 letters) for about 5 days (not on the greatest hardware, admittedly, i'm getting 350Kkeys/s).  Nevertheless, I've been at 99.4% probability for 2 days now still with no results.  Could something be wrong or am I just unlucky?

Code:
[349.32 Kkey/s][total 144105239092][Prob 99.4%]

Unlucky. The 99.4% doesn't that you are close to finding it. Acutally no matter how long you have already searched, it will always take the same average time from that moment on.

The 99.4% means that if you searched for the amount of time you did, the chance of you finding one key would be 99.4%. So you are just a few standarddeviations from your average. No need to be alarmed.

Ok, I think I understand you.  I have searched for this long and have .994 probability of having found one key.  However, I've actually found 0 keys and 1 key isn't that far away from 0 keys (these are the values which aren't so far apart in std.devs, yes?) so I guess I shall just let this thing keep on computing.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I've had vanitygen looking for a particular vanity prefix (6 letters) for about 5 days (not on the greatest hardware, admittedly, i'm getting 350Kkeys/s).  Nevertheless, I've been at 99.4% probability for 2 days now still with no results.  Could something be wrong or am I just unlucky?

Code:

Unlucky. The 99.4% doesn't that you are close to finding it. Acutally no matter how long you have already searched, it will always take the same average time from that moment on.

The 99.4% means that if you searched for the amount of time you did, the chance of you finding one key would be 99.4%. So you are just a few standarddeviations from your average. No need to be alarmed.
legendary

Code:
Pages:
Jump to: