Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 90. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 250
https://keybase.io/magicmann
I'm having issues using my GTX 660 [...]

Command I'm using:
>vanitygen64 -v -d 1:0 -X 115 oMagicmann
Is that the exact command you're using?  If so... you're trying to use the CPU binary to do GPU vanity generation.  Try again with oclvanitygen64

Did it with oclvanitygen and it works. Thanks for correcting my mistake!  Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I'm having issues using my GTX 660 [...]

Command I'm using:
Is that the exact command you're using?  If so... you're trying to use the CPU binary to do GPU vanity generation.  Try again with oclvanitygen64
I'm having issues using my GTX 660 to assist in generating a vanity address. I marked -d 1:0 (already determined correct device) and all it does is show me the commands for vanitygen. I'm using version .20 if that makes a difference.

Command I'm using:

Can you try this?

Code:
vanitygen64 -v -D 1:0 -X 115 oMagicmann

I've done both a lower and upper case D and get the same result.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
I'm having issues using my GTX 660 to assist in generating a vanity address. I marked -d 1:0 (already determined correct device) and all it does is show me the commands for vanitygen. I'm using version .20 if that makes a difference.

Command I'm using:

Can you try this?

Code:
vanitygen64 -v -D 1:0 -X 115 oMagicmann

Command I'm using:
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
It's a mostly-random process, so that can happen.  In addition there's collisions on address space, though in this case it looks like it ended up with the same private key as well.
Not in any practical sense.

If something was broken that did do that on his system, both execution traces would be the same.

In this case the posts just clearly appeared to be an excuse to encourage people to run backdoored private key generating code (which I've removed from the thread).
i've edited my post accordingly by just removing everything aside the headline.
FUN > ROI
In this case the posts just clearly appeared to be an excuse to encourage people to run backdoored private key generating code (which I've removed from the thread).
Ah that sneaky bugger.  Thanks for catching that, I didn't even bother with the chunk-o-code Smiley

If he has a bad PRNG implementation inside OpenSSL then using a different entropy source to seed the PRNG wont fix the problem.
True, it should only affect the seed - that's still important if you don't trust that part.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
It's a mostly-random process, so that can happen.  In addition there's collisions on address space, though in this case it looks like it ended up with the same private key as well.
Not in any practical sense.

If something was broken that did do that on his system, both execution traces would be the same.

legendary
/dev/null
vanitygen problem it generate same address again

Could you share the command line you had used for those two runs?

I don't know off hand what the statistical odds are of that happening with vanitygen, but they should be very, very slim to the point that I'd wonder if somehow the RNG's entropy pool was weak (essentially what K1773R said while I wrote this)...but then it should be happening more often.   ( You can provide another source of entropy for the seed based on a file )

So, either something weird's going on, or you hit a one-in-a-largenumberhere fluke Smiley
If he has a bad PRNG implementation inside OpenSSL then using a different entropy source to seed the PRNG wont fix the problem.
FUN > ROI

Could you share the command line you had used for those two runs?

I don't know off hand what the statistical odds are of that happening with vanitygen, but they should be very, very slim to the point that I'd wonder if somehow the RNG's entropy pool was weak (essentially what K1773R said while I wrote this)...but then it should be happening more often.   ( You can provide another source of entropy for the seed based on a file )

So, either something weird's going on, or you hit a one-in-a-largenumberhere fluke Smiley
legendary
/dev/null
... removed crap ...
in this case, you have a serious problem.
either your PRNG implementation in OpenSSL is broken or your system RNG entroy sources is borked.
of course, both can be the case and are not mutually exclusive.

even worse, this is a good sign that very likely all of the crypto modules your software/OS uses will be weak! its not only vanitygen who is affected by this.
FUN > ROI
What command I need to use if I dont care that is with big or small letters?

"vanitygen64.exe -v -i 1dogeatonecat " right?
Yes.  (See 1st post)

What command I need use to get first letter big and all other from my word small but after that random letter is same big or small..? like "1DogeatxXXxxXXxxX....."
You would need to use the -r (regular expression) option, although I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to achieve.  It may also be more economical to supply a list instead so that you can use oclvanitygen.

Whit command "vanitygen64.exe -v 1Dogeat" I get error:
Invalid character 'l' in prefix '1Dogeat'
Weird - that shouldn't happen.  Are you sure you're not introducing a lowercase letter 'L' somewhere in your prefix?

Are that possible stop project and continue later without start again from base?
This doesn't apply.  It's basically a random process.  The "[Prob N%][M% in Xtime]" is a probability estimator, not a 'progress' Smiley
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
What command I need to use if I dont care that is with big or small letters?

Like 1DogEatOneCatxxxxxxxx.....

But for me is same if that is like 1dOGeaToNECAtxxxxx.....

"vanitygen64.exe -v -i 1dogeatonecat " right?

What command I need use to get first letter big and all other from my word small but after that random letter is same big or small..? like "1DogeatxXXxxXXxxX....."
Whit command "vanitygen64.exe -v 1Dogeat" I get error:

Invalid character 'l' in prefix '1Dogeat'

Are that possible stop project and continue later without start again from base?
Activity: 476
vanitygen on mac works fine with a little tweak.

that might help:
https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen/issues/45
FUN > ROI
No problem Smiley

I haven't checked services lately, but these do accept split key generation using your own split key part:
https://vanitypool.appspot.com/
http://vircurvault.com/order/bitcoin/vanity/custom
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/free-split-key-vanity-addresses-270180

Example of a service that's doing it wrong, because they generate your part of the split key for you:
https://coinbit.tk/generate.php
Last I checked - which is almost a year ago now - they indeed did not send the key to their server.  BUT, here's why you still shouldn't trust services that generate your part of the split key anyway:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-free-bitcoin-vanity-address-generation-website-118968
( tl;dr: vanity address generation service operator says his site was hacked to send the split key part to a malicious actor's server, thus compromising the generated vanity addresses. )
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Thanks therealsteve, for correcting me there.  I had a feeling I had seen something of this sort before but I guess I discounted it without actually looking around.  ppreciate you setting the record straight and providing a link to the appropriate system (I'm reading about it now).
FUN > ROI
thanks checking now. Appreciate the response.  I would pay for some one to do it since i would think it will take a while on a mac. but afraid of private key being used :/  any legit services out there?
Actually, yes.  ANY service that lets you use your own public key* in a split key generation method.
The split key generation method ensures that you can get your vanity address without the person generating it knowing what the private key for that address is, but you will know.  Vanitygen includes support for this.

* Note that this very specifically excludes any services that offer to generate that key for you.  Even if they pinkie swear not to store it on their servers or anything like that.

For more information, see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.901491
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Does this vanity gen still work?
That's a question that needs expanding.  What exactly are you trying to get an answer to?

Can you still run vanitygen?  Yes.
Can you still use vanity addresses?  Of course.
Can you still run oclvanitygen?  Might depend on your graphics card.  Works fine here.

sorry :/ meant no stealing no back doors.

and can it be used on mac:)

No back doors.  But this is an open-source program so you can download the source and see for yourself.  As I recall, I downloaded a source tarball and built it (I don't know if they distribute binaries).

As far as running on mac, I would guess you'll have luck.  I've only run it on GNU/Linux but given the *nix similarities I would suppose you'll be fine.

thanks checking now. Appreciate the response.  I would pay for some one to do it since i would think it will take a while on a mac. but afraid of private key being used :/  any legit services out there?

Well, yes, I don't know how to sort that out because if I or anyone else ran this program for you then by definition we'd be finding your priv/public key and you'd need to get that info from us. However, consider this: the vanity address you want will take longer (on average) to find the longer the vanity string is, BUT, you might just get lucky.  vanitygen randomly searches and so it's totally possibly (but improbable) to find a long vanity string very soon.  How long is the vanity string you're trying to find?  I was able to find 5 and 6 character vanity strings in a half day or so on a low-power, portable laptop.
FUN > ROI
Good questions! Smiley

The official repo has no back doors last I checked, which is a week-ish ago.  You'd have to do a diff between any of the third party ones. and the official one to double-check if any of those contain any changes other than optimizations/etc.  I do recommend using one that's more actively being maintained, like salfter's, or an earlier one like WyseNinja's

Although I don't know off-hand about any published OS X binaries, the source code comes with a Makefile that includes OS X support.  Should just be a matter of downloading the repo and running 'make'; though that may require further steps (alternative steps).
Activity: 728
Does this vanity gen still work?
That's a question that needs expanding.  What exactly are you trying to get an answer to?

Can you still run vanitygen?  Yes.
Can you still use vanity addresses?  Of course.
Can you still run oclvanitygen?  Might depend on your graphics card.  Works fine here.

No back doors.  But this is an open-source program so you can download the source and see for yourself.  As I recall, I downloaded a source tarball and built it (I don't know if they distribute binaries).

As far as running on mac, I would guess you'll have luck.  I've only run it on GNU/Linux but given the *nix similarities I would suppose you'll be fine.

Pages:
Jump to: