Pages:
Author

Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See? - page 2. (Read 31537 times)

Activity: 691
Merit: 500
One more reply from me before closing, I know I have already commented on my preference for NobleCoin, but I would like to build on it.

I am just a supporter of the coin and am in no way associated with it, but since this coin was released I have stopped following new releases of coins.

The reason for this is that I feel that there isn't a coin that could be better than Noble in terms of transparency, dedication from the team, and a general great community.

If there was a coin to back for the future Noble would be it. As far as I see, it can't fail.

Thanks,

James

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Thanks for all the feedback folks!

This thread will be closing at 5PM today and from there the VoS team will move it to internal discussion!

Cheers,
Adam
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
sorry for basically putting your thread in check mate adam Smiley
Activity: 546
AKA The Rubber Monkey
Disclaimer : this coin has no funny pictures, no pumpy promises, no "look we copied another coin and renamed it and premined it *for bounties and stuff*, no bribed exchanges or "news articles", no animals, no celebrities, no countries, no ipo scams, no fun gimmick, no confetty launches, not even a hyping backstory. no, this coin has only innovation and equality for miners to back it up.

I first thought it would be pointless to make this post because it would get lost within several hundred of other coins being spammed in this thread by miners who think coins that just copy paste the litecoin (insert any other algo pioneer coin here) and modify the name and reward system are THE NEXT BIG THING. NO THEY WON'T ! and just because you mined it for a few days when the diff was low and now you have a wallet full of crap doesn't make it a good coin. Everyone is crying about the shit/crap/scam coins flood but, when a coin with a concept that benefits ALL miners and gives everyone a chance to mine against asics (take notice that the monster scrypt asics are already being sold making gpus obsolete for scrypt) with gpus, and against gpus with cpus emerges, everyone nods their head in approval but do nothing to support it.

This is the concept that satoshi nakamoto wanted to create when he created bitcoin but failed to take into account that large asic farms could gain monopoly over bitcoin.

Now I'm not saying myriad will be the next bitcoin... far from that, all I'm saying is that it's one step twards a better future for the crypto world. It may not be perfect but it's very close to perfection and the fact that algos can be swapped for newer and better ones at the community's request makes it a diamond in the rough waiting for the community to polish it.

History has taught us that you cannot stop progress by refusing it and that's where coins with Nscrypt are trying to do to asics, by denying miners with asics the posibility to mine them. On the other hand myriad accepts asics with open arms but limits their coin intake to only 40% (20% for sha asics and 20% for scrypt when scrypt asics will render gpu mining of scrypt useless) of the coins being created leaving 60% for miners with no means of aquiring these monstruos machines. It even gives miners with older model gpus a chance against newer ones with algos like groestl where older models outperform newer gpu models.

This coin is miners' heaven and 90+% of miners ignore it because it doesn't promise get-rich quick schemes, the comunity refuses to bribe exchanges to pump the coin other ridiculos reasons that most agree are what make a cryptocurrency bad.

In conclusion: point me to a coin that trully provides the mining comunity, the backbone of cryptocurrencies, with a more inovative and fair concept and I will donate all of my mined myriad and retire from the crypto world or accept myriad for what it is (a big step twards the future) and lend it a shoulder to climb on out of this sea of scams and copycat coins and be seen by people who trully think cryptocurrency is the way of the future so that it may help pave the way to what we all believe to be a better future.

tl;dr : myriad coin is the only fair and inovative concept coin launched in a very long time and yet is largely unnoticed by the masses because no confetti was thrown at launch : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annxmy-myriad-multi-algo-fair-secure-483515

+1
Activity: 6
Next Coin ...
Best coin ever
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Disclaimer : this coin has no funny pictures, no pumpy promises, no "look we copied another coin and renamed it and premined it *for bounties and stuff*, no bribed exchanges or "news articles", no animals, no celebrities, no countries, no ipo scams, no fun gimmick, no confetty launches, not even a hyping backstory. no, this coin has only innovation and equality for miners to back it up.

I first thought it would be pointless to make this post because it would get lost within several hundred of other coins being spammed in this thread by miners who think coins that just copy paste the litecoin (insert any other algo pioneer coin here) and modify the name and reward system are THE NEXT BIG THING. NO THEY WON'T ! and just because you mined it for a few days when the diff was low and now you have a wallet full of crap doesn't make it a good coin. Everyone is crying about the shit/crap/scam coins flood but, when a coin with a concept that benefits ALL miners and gives everyone a chance to mine against asics (take notice that the monster scrypt asics are already being sold making gpus obsolete for scrypt) with gpus, and against gpus with cpus emerges, everyone nods their head in approval but do nothing to support it.

This is the concept that satoshi nakamoto wanted to create when he created bitcoin but failed to take into account that large asic farms could gain monopoly over bitcoin.

Now I'm not saying myriad will be the next bitcoin... far from that, all I'm saying is that it's one step twards a better future for the crypto world. It may not be perfect but it's very close to perfection and the fact that algos can be swapped for newer and better ones at the community's request makes it a diamond in the rough waiting for the community to polish it.

History has taught us that you cannot stop progress by refusing it and that's where coins with Nscrypt are trying to do to asics, by denying miners with asics the posibility to mine them. On the other hand myriad accepts asics with open arms but limits their coin intake to only 40% (20% for sha asics and 20% for scrypt when scrypt asics will render gpu mining of scrypt useless) of the coins being created leaving 60% for miners with no means of aquiring these monstruos machines. It even gives miners with older model gpus a chance against newer ones with algos like groestl where older models outperform newer gpu models.

This coin is miners' heaven and 90+% of miners ignore it because it doesn't promise get-rich quick schemes, the comunity refuses to bribe exchanges to pump the coin other ridiculos reasons that most agree are what make a cryptocurrency bad.

In conclusion: point me to a coin that trully provides the mining comunity, the backbone of cryptocurrencies, with a more inovative and fair concept and I will donate all of my mined myriad and retire from the crypto world or accept myriad for what it is (a big step twards the future) and lend it a shoulder to climb on out of this sea of scams and copycat coins and be seen by people who trully think cryptocurrency is the way of the future so that it may help pave the way to what we all believe to be a better future.

tl;dr : myriad coin is the only fair and inovative concept coin launched in a very long time and yet is largely unnoticed by the masses because no confetti was thrown at launch : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annxmy-myriad-multi-algo-fair-secure-483515

+1
Activity: 322

Activity: 20
What is the altcoin options?
Activity: 7

Definetly Darkcoin it has a community and looking into making the transaction anonymous and anonymity is the reason we started using Bitcoin in the first place
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
As an early adopter of Bitcoin, I have been enjoying the innovation some altcoins provide.  Other coins may not offer a lot of innovation, but have a strong community behind them which it itself is exciting to see.  It must be difficult for exchanges to determine which altcoins to support.

I speculate with many Cryptocurrencies, but I am holding three long term:

1.  Bitcoin - tried and true
2.  Dogecoin - the community behind it inspires me.
3.  Darkcoin - quite possibly the altcoin with the most innovation.  The developer is fantastic and has integrated an exceptional level of anonymity.  You wouldn't want me to be able to read your credit card statement yet with every single cryptocurrency out there, that's exactly what people can do.  Darkcoin solves that.

As such, I respectfully request that you add Darkcoin.

Thank you for your consideration.
Activity: 238
i know that i put up my vote for NobleCoin up on the first page, but i thought that it would be helpful to know that the gold and silver stock will be supplied by http://www.amagimetals.com/

and for additional clarification of the develpoment

Amagi Metals have given us permission to use their stock and send orders their way (http://www.amagimetals.com/). This is no way implies any sort of official partnership or the marketplace representing them, but they are one of a few BTC/Crypto/Bullion friendly suppliers that we are talking to to make sure we have a number of suppliers and good stock in different regions who can from a legal/regulatory standpoint and will take orders from us also. They also currently accept BTC/LTC/DOGE direct on their site so longer-term we are hoping to get NOBL in there at some point too (no promises). Smiley

In terms of amount sold, it will only be smaller purchases initially at a time (think 1-10oz silver - or up to a BTC per order if volume permits) to test the waters and make sure we're completely covered in terms of fees/legalities/licensing/reporting. Obviously no details of clients need to be shared as we aren't doing the huge orders that legally demand an official report. Many of us have bought and sold on eBay for years so we understand the game/legal requirements but with crypto involved we want to be completely sure.

this truly is a growing currency both in viability and in infrastructure.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Hi there,

I'm throwing my vote in for Noblecoin. Admittedly, I could have used my vote for one of the several other coins that I currently have some vested stake in, but frankly, Noblecoin continues to impress me. The dev Rofo is one of the most professional people I have encountered and is very transparent regarding many topics including the pre-mine that is attached to this coin. Noblecoin has done a very solid job addressing that particular topic with its public ledger and has done very well focusing on its particular mission plan and roadmap.

Despite the size of the community compared to other communities, it successfully completed an ambitious charity endeavor by donating over $5,000 to the Water Project within the first two months of being created. In fact, Rofo and his team was key in coordinating with the Water Project to enable the use of crypto-currencies for their charity. I commend him for doing that and much more.

Additionally, this coin, despite the adversity it has faced and the currently cloudy scene of the alt-community, has continued developing infrastructure for itself with the establishment of the Noblecoin Marketplace and has a clear road map for its future (including partnering to sell precious metals in the marketplace). Rofo has also taken on the task of unifying with new regulation in Australia regarding the taxation of cryptocurrency. There is no doubt in my mind that he will continue to pull through for the community and continue to go beyond the call to make Noblecoin fulfill its mission.

This is why I feel that Noblecoin is worthy of consideration on Vault of Satoshi. Thank you for reading my response and I hope you consider Noblecoin as a candidate.

Best Regards,
hellscabane
Activity: 163
A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.
Darkcoin!

Why? It's one of the only cryptocurrencies that is actively producing a new feature-set that matters to consumers: privacy. Where other coins are advertising features of interest to miners, features of interest to certain interest groups, or no new features at all--Darkcoin is bringing features to the forefront that matter to everyone. There are features for miners (DGW, X11 algorithm), there are features for investors (active development team), and most importantly there are features for the average joe who wants to use a cryptocurrency to buy things (stable price, transaction privacy).

So to sum it up (and by all means this is not a comprehensive list, just what I can think of off the hip)

-Has an active team of developers who are working very hard, consistently implementing features and updates: Darksend and Dark Gravity Well were recently implemented, although Darksend is still in beta testing.
-Has its own unique transaction system called Darksend (in beta) allowing for completely anonymous transactions.
-Has its own unique difficulty balancing system, just recently developed and implemented, called Dark Gravity Well (DGW) which is superior to Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW).
-Has a solid history of a stable price--is not being pumped and dumped. This makes it more reliable for consumers to use as a currency.
-Uses a unique set of 11 different algorithms (called X11)
-Runs much cooler and much more power efficiently than other hashing algorithms (especially scrypt)
-Very ASIC resistant
-CPU mining is still profitable thanks to the X11 algorithm

-Has a future! When the Darksend system is complete and the internet discovers there is a secure and anonymous way to transfer funds, Darkcoin will explode in popularity. This was what made Bitcoin explode, though it soon became apparent that Bitcoin was nowhere near as anonymous as people first thought. Darkcoin promises to fill that niche, that need for anonymity that the internet economy craves.

Do the right thing, add Darkcoin, it is here to stay.

+1
Activity: 618
Go Bitcoin
Coin2 (C2) please

http://coin2-project.org/

What is Coin2 ?

Coin2 is a peer-to-peer virtual currency,a.k.a. cryptocurrency.  It is sent from your wallet, over a secure network, to other users all over the world in a matter of seconds.

What is a P2P or cryptocurrency?

Crypto-currency is a type of digital currency that is based on cryptography. Crypto-currency uses cryptography for security, making it difficult to counterfeit. Public and private keys are often used to transfer the currency from one person to another.

How do I get it ?

First, you need a wallet.  Then you can either buy them on an exchange or buy them in person.

Why is this free? –>a.k.a legal mumbo jumbo.

Coin2 is a free software project released under the MIT/X11 license which gives you the power to run, modify, and copy the software and to distribute, at your option, modified copies of the software. The software is released in a transparent process that allows for independent verification of binaries and their corresponding source code. Coin2 is not replaceable, once its gone its gone.  There is no way to process chargebacks, so dont ask.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
please nxt
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I'm a supporter of Noblecoin. It has an outstanding dev who is thinking and acting long term and has supported the community from day one. It is transparent and has noble intentions to be a positive force in the world - engaging with charities from day one.

It has solid support and decent volume and has good potential to be a coin that can make a difference because the community are really behind the idea that crypto can be a force for good - which after the corruption of FIAT financial institutions is surely what crypto has to be (and is, at the moment given all of the scams and hacks, currently failing to be).
Activity: 325
Have to be something like  Digitalcoin. 
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
Activity: 34
C2 is a good one to add...

Sorry not familiar with what C2 stands for - could you provide more details?
Activity: 37
I vote for Noblecoin, since I like the professional approach from the dev.
There where many opportunities where he proofed that he stands behind this coin and builds a solid base, instead of focusing on a pump with nothing but a hype.
For example there is a marketplace trading several gift cards and the possibility to buy precious metals with the coin in the near future. This requires facing tax regulations for ongoing existence.
He is backed by a community which prefers objective discussions to pure speculation. Hype comments are searched vainly.

Therefore I'd like to point out that this coin is highly undervalued at the moment and you should take a second glance despite it's current price.
Pages:
Jump to: