Pages:
Author

Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See? - page 3. (Read 31537 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
C2 is a good one to add...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
10-5

They have the best developers
Activity: 8
One more vote for Digitalcoin!
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
Activity: 55
Darkcoin!

Why? It's one of the only cryptocurrencies that is actively producing a new feature-set that matters to consumers: privacy. Where other coins are advertising features of interest to miners, features of interest to certain interest groups, or no new features at all--Darkcoin is bringing features to the forefront that matter to everyone. There are features for miners (DGW, X11 algorithm), there are features for investors (active development team), and most importantly there are features for the average joe who wants to use a cryptocurrency to buy things (stable price, transaction privacy).

So to sum it up (and by all means this is not a comprehensive list, just what I can think of off the hip)

-Has an active team of developers who are working very hard, consistently implementing features and updates: Darksend and Dark Gravity Well were recently implemented, although Darksend is still in beta testing.
-Has its own unique transaction system called Darksend (in beta) allowing for completely anonymous transactions.
-Has its own unique difficulty balancing system, just recently developed and implemented, called Dark Gravity Well (DGW) which is superior to Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW).
-Has a solid history of a stable price--is not being pumped and dumped. This makes it more reliable for consumers to use as a currency.
-Uses a unique set of 11 different algorithms (called X11)
-Runs much cooler and much more power efficiently than other hashing algorithms (especially scrypt)
-Very ASIC resistant
-CPU mining is still profitable thanks to the X11 algorithm

-Has a future! When the Darksend system is complete and the internet discovers there is a secure and anonymous way to transfer funds, Darkcoin will explode in popularity. This was what made Bitcoin explode, though it soon became apparent that Bitcoin was nowhere near as anonymous as people first thought. Darkcoin promises to fill that niche, that need for anonymity that the internet economy craves.

Do the right thing, add Darkcoin, it is here to stay.
Activity: 34
Vertcoin

Hey Kenshin,

Thought I'd just let you know that Vertcoin is already on the list for coins we will be adding next update!

Cheers,
Adam
Activity: 280
Vertcoin
Activity: 478
Merit: 253
DOGE
NXT
XRP
MINT
BC
C2
Activity: 265
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
My vote is for MINTCoin.
A high volume coin, cheap, that can reach everyone with tips and stuff. Also the large hoarders of mint get so many as POS interest that they are devouting that extra into new projects and spreading the freshness.
Also, Moolah.io works with MINT, was their choice after BTC,LTC,DOGE and Vert. That should mean something...
Activity: 22
+1 for Digitalcoin...
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: yes
NobleCoin,
Because it has one of the most dedicated and professional developers I've seen here,
And because the great community behind it.

Please add NobleCoin  Tongue
Activity: 693
The one coin that hasn't made the post yet that should is YACoin http://yacoin.org

Why is it unique?
It was the first coin lauched to use scrypt-chacha and an increasing N-Factor - This is the litecoin of the scrypt-chacha world, where microcoin, ultracoin (et. al.) are the "me-too" clones like feathercoin and dogecoin.  Additionally, YACoin implements the Hybrid POW/POS model established by Novacoin, with some additional work to attempt to prevent POS orphaning POW blocks.  Lastly, the the block reward is variable, based on the coin difficulty.  As the N-Factor for the POW algorithm increases, the network hashrate goes down by half (or more), so too does the difficulty.  The maximum block reward is capped at 100 coins per block, and the current reward is ~44 YAC/block.

Where is it right now?
YACoin was launched in May, 2013.  It has seen a stable network since that time, and has had one hard fork to address the POS orphaning POW block problem.  YACoin is currently at N-Factor 14 (N=32768, or 4 MB per calculation), and normalizing the network hashrate relative to N=1024, is over 100 MH/sec.  The current network hashrate is considered high when you take into account the speed of the average GPU miner is under 2KH/sec.  On the mining front, mining is not limited to high end, high wattage cards, and very respectable hashrates can be achieved by sub $100 GPU's that consume lass than 30 watts of power.  There is active work ongoing for the Wallet, as well as AMD, nVidia, and CPU miners.

Where is it going?
YACoin is the trailblazer of the N-Factor coins.  It was the first to utilize an N of 2048 (doubling scrypt's memory requirement) in July 2013.  On May 31st, 2014, YACoin will be the first and only coin being mined with an N-Factor of 15.  As N increases, the difficulty in setting up a GPU miner becomes more difficult for the inexperienced.  To that end, GPU mining software is being improved to make this process much more simplified, with the ideal goal of the software determining the best settings for the card.  Along with the improvements to the GPU miner, the gap between CPU hashing and GPU hashing narrows, bringing the viability of CPU mining back into play.  While no coin can claim long term immunity to ASIC's, the schedule of the NFactor increases is rapid enough that the financial viability of an ASIC targeted specifically at the coin should not be economically feasible.

Why should you add YACoin
There are so many alternative coins in existence today, so adding each and every coin is not a reasonable endeavor.  YACoin has good technology, a proven track record, and a great wallet and mining software.  What it really lacks is visibility and accessibility.  Not everyone wants to be a coin miner, and this hurts the coin because it is only on two exchanges.  YACoin could really benefit from a wider audience and more acceptance.
Activity: 336
NobleCoin should most definitely be looked at and added to VoS. I've been an active user of your service since 2013 Adam being as I am from Canada and can't praise it enough. Here's the thing. NobleCoin should hands down be the next coin you add. It has real world value. From it's marketplace with gift cards for sites like Amazon, Newegg and Steam... to soon adding the option to buy precious metals such as silver and gold bullion.

Following up on the name Noble? It has already donated $5000 cash to providing clean drinking water to people in Africa. On top of this the development team is led by one of the most active and transparent developers I've seen in the altcoin market who has hit marketing from every avenue... even using some of the premine to sponsor an esports organization. All the things I've listed above have really made NobleCoin a long term financial investment for me rather than your typical p&d coin that you really have no interest in keeping for longer than a week.  It's the clear winner and in my eyes the most undervalued altcoin out there. I see it out performing any other in 2014.

Just to expand on my comment posted earlier, NobleCoin is going to be adding Precious Metals to their marketplace in the near future. Like I said, real world value, long term growth.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/noblecoin-adding-precious-metals-to-marketplace-522238
Activity: 378
Embrace change
DIEM Please
DIEM very high Volume, should add it.
1Kb
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'd like to suggest NobleCoin.

Why?
Because the developers actually look at the currency as a product and run it as a business. The way it is run, is to create a stable and evolving grow path for NobleCoin. It regards the usage of NobleCoin via buying things, to be its prime target for the near future. Its community does not challenge this future as they share the same ideas which have created a foundation for something that is bigger than NobleCoin itself.
So having said that, adding NobleCoin to VoS will help strengthen NobleCoin but will not be NobleCoins only goal.

Activity: 34
Update From OP:

Thanks for all this great feedback folks!

We're going to keep this discussion going until the end of the week and after that we'll wrap it up and move it to internal discussions!

Reach out to your communities and encourage them to get involved in this discussion as well! We're excited by all the involvement and interest we've seen so far and are getting some great feedback!

Cheers,
Adam
([email protected])
Activity: 756
DIEM Please
Activity: 20
I'm afraid the mintcoins will continue to fall!! Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: