Pages:
Author

Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM - page 14. (Read 10803 times)

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
December 28, 2017, 09:14:13 PM
Its no surprise that I can’t find vega’s anywhere  Roll Eyes

Question 1: does anyone know when a new batch is going to hit the market so I can plan accordingly? I’ve emailed a few companies but no one is revealing anything.

Question 2: can I piece together a rig of different 56’s and 64’s? I found a few in single quantities and was thinking about doing 2 64’s and 2 56’s. They would all be different aftermarket models. Would I run into any issues setting these up?

A new batch of AMD Vega cards wont be out until they alter the production to 12nm and revise the overall card spec slightly.   Similar to what was done with 480 and 580.   I have heard the new card would run less power and also less heat, that has some benefits but Im not sure it would be faster overall especially for mining which is just about the memory speed alot of the time and it'll be the same memory so far as I know.

Maybe the summer for those and meanwhile you have the AIB card partners releasing their versions of Vega but these are just fancy versions and not really any use to a miner who doesnt care about noise.

you can mix 56 and 64 from what I've read

Thought the new Vegas would scrap HMB2 and just use DDR5/6.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
December 28, 2017, 09:12:35 PM

Question 1: does anyone know when a new batch is going to hit the market so I can plan accordingly? I’ve emailed a few companies but no one is revealing anything.

Question 2: can I piece together a rig of different 56’s and 64’s? I found a few in single quantities and was thinking about doing 2 64’s and 2 56’s. They would all be different aftermarket models. Would I run into any issues setting these up?

A new batch of AMD Vega cards wont be out until they alter the production to 12nm and revise the overall card spec slightly.   Similar to what was done with 480 and 580.   I have heard the new card would run less power and also less heat, that has some benefits but Im not sure it would be faster overall especially for mining which is just about the memory speed alot of the time and it'll be the same memory so far as I know.

Maybe the summer for those and meanwhile you have the AIB card partners releasing their versions of Vega but these are just fancy versions and not really any use to a miner who doesnt care about noise.

you can mix 56 and 64 from what I've read
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
December 28, 2017, 08:13:30 PM
Riged, when you find and reveal the secrets of this card, please share it with a fellow Norwegian x)
Make it work as four and we start a farm together haha

..and by all means... the rest of the community ^^
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
December 28, 2017, 07:33:49 PM
i certainly feel vindicated
as mentioned above there are no Vegas to be found apart from a few private sales on ebay for double price, saw 1 single card available on amazon for $1400

im quite certain by now that i was correct in my hunch about these specific GPU's and why i went the extra mile and buck to build two 6 card rigs with them

and yes, for those that read the first page and last only (missing the meat of the matter in the between pages) i was mining ETN at 24000H/s for a week. Today i turned 1 rig over to Sumokoin, as an old investor diversification is my friend and i would like to own as many different coins as possible although ETN stills seems the most promising if they are able to come through on releasing the app for mobile mining (which is a waste of time at 50-100h/s but most people dont know such details so the hype is enough to drive the price to Mars)

i also bought a couple of shit coins today, got 4.5mil rabbit coin and 100k Tittie coin, i know they are worthless and i probably lost 1.5days of ETN mining (what they cost) but hey, rabbit was 4satoshis and tittie coin has the standard red blooded male concept behind it, so just for shits and laughs i thought id vault these two mistakes

----------------------------------

been messing around with the now unlocked 1200MHZ HBM2, but still cant get it to be stable
got an additional 140H per card on same settings but uped CPU to 1448 and MEM to 1120, seemed stable for about 3hrs and then froze (gave me a headache after reconfiguring the gpus and drivers, lost a little mining time), one thing i did notice was the power usage actually went down about 200W with these changes (weird, faster for less power???)

if you are already using the 1100 Hellæ reg table all you need to do is go to the reg folder of each Vega (path mentioned before) double click to edit the pp_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable, go down about a third of the table to row 00B8 (after 00B0) follow the sequence 01,00,06,6C,B0 and click on 6C change to C0 and next click on B0 change to D4, exit and do the same for all cards, (or download the unlocked SoC reg table ed from the link provided above) and now you can go over the 1107MHz MEM clock cap all the way to 1200 if you can find the correct settings for each specific GPU as they have different tolerences, and if you do please let me know
i take no credit for the above info, it can be found in the op thread mantioned above (all apart from the row identifier in the hex table i had to figure that out myself)

this unlock seems that whilst  running the exact same settings as before (thus stability) gives a little extra speed to all GPUs anyway without any further adjustments

ok, i will let this out the bag...... it seems one can turn the VEGA 8Gb HBM2 into 2x4 thus running 2 threads at the same time thus doubling the hash rate (2000H/s) thus 1 VEGA works as 2
so what would happen if one was knowledgeable anough to turn the 16Gb of the VEGA FRONTIER and FE edition into 4x4 thus running 4 threads at the same time thus quadrupling the hash rate (4000H/s) thus 1 VEGA works as 4 Shocked

oh crap,  there goes the Frontiers from the market too, maybe this thread is counterproductive for people like me

enough for now, back to busting the central bankster criminal cartel

Happy New Year all
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
December 27, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

Question 3: (wishful thinking) can anyone spare me the misery and private message me a source where I can grab 4 vega 64’s? I’ve turned the internet upside down looking for them  Huh
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
December 27, 2017, 02:20:10 PM
Why would you mine ethereum….? Mine something more profitable and exchange for ETH on exchanges….

He’s addressed that multiple times.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 10:38:15 PM
Why would you mine ethereum….? Mine something more profitable and exchange for ETH on exchanges….
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
December 26, 2017, 09:37:15 AM

I use VGA splitters on Vega and no issues.  But I also don't have any problem mixing power supplies on the same rig, so I am not sure what you are doing.  So long as you are not drawing above 240w through each card, and you shouldn't if you use OverDriveNTool and Reg mods, I don't think it will present a problem.

The 6 pin VGA to dual 6+2 VGA cables are nice (the add-on adapters work fine as well), especially if you are using something like a HP server PSU (1500w common slot) and a breakout board.

thnx for the response, i needed to hear this as connecting 6 Vega with risers equals to 18 connections
with 8 to 6+2x2 adapters i can use one EVGA1600 to power all from its total 9 VGA out ports
i believe the only consideration is having the same or bigger calliber cabling on the adapter to not cause resistance thus heat

yea im using the 1100 reg file with Ntool runing at 218W/GPU incl mobo and screen
(tests with the 1200 reg file shot my Wattage to max on all cards over 320W/GPU, need more time for trial+error)

the PSU debate rages on lol, im just cautious to have the same PSU on the riser as card
i suppose exaclty the same PSUs used in synch can be mixed as they produce the same frequency voltage

thnx again

Yes, pay attention to the wire gauge, I agree.

One setup that I have used on a number of rigs:  HP PSU powering 5 or 6 video cards and risers; ATX power supply powering the motherboard and maybe 1-3 other video cards and their risers.  Works very well for me even though completely different power supplies.  Cheaper alternative.  YMMV.
December 26, 2017, 08:43:14 AM

--------------------------------

i do have a question for those experienced in using power splitter adapter cables from a VGA 8 pin to 2x8 (so i can remove the EVGA1000 PSU)
various people on the net claim that they cause electrical noise and should not be used
are you using them on a VEGA? if so whats your take on the matter?

thnx

ps i bought 10 on/off switches for $4 to replace the bare wires im currently using in favour of a more modern look hahahaha

I use VGA splitters on Vega and no issues.  But I also don't have any problem mixing power supplies on the same rig, so I am not sure what you are doing.  So long as you are not drawing above 240w through each card, and you shouldn't if you use OverDriveNTool and Reg mods, I don't think it will present a problem.

The 6 pin VGA to dual 6+2 VGA cables are nice (the add-on adapters work fine as well), especially if you are using something like a HP server PSU (1500w common slot) and a breakout board.

thnx for the response, i needed to hear this as connecting 6 Vega with risers equals to 18 connections
with 8 to 6+2x2 adapters i can use one EVGA1600 to power all from its total 9 VGA out ports
i believe the only consideration is having the same or bigger calliber cabling on the adapter to not cause resistance thus heat

yea im using the 1100 reg file with Ntool runing at 218W/GPU incl mobo and screen
(tests with the 1200 reg file shot my Wattage to max on all cards over 320W/GPU, need more time for trial+error)

the PSU debate rages on lol, im just cautious to have the same PSU on the riser as card
i suppose exaclty the same PSUs used in synch can be mixed as they produce the same frequency voltage

thnx again

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 07:53:16 AM
I am very much curious about mining. The information provided in this thread are very valuable for me. Your experience is guideline to me. I am using Coinpot website for mining Bitcoin and altcoin on my laptop.
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
December 26, 2017, 07:41:07 AM

i do have a question for those experienced in using power splitter adapter cables from a VGA 8 pin to 2x8 (so i can remove the EVGA1000 PSU)
various people on the net claim that they cause electrical noise and should not be used

thnx

ps i bought 10 on/off switches for $4 to replace the bare wires im currently using in favour of a more modern look hahahaha

I use VGA splitters on Vega and no issues.  But I also don't have any problem mixing power supplies on the same rig, so I am not sure what you are doing.  So long as you are not drawing above 240w through each card, and you shouldn't if you use OverDriveNTool and Reg mods, I don't think it will present a problem.

December 25, 2017, 05:06:51 PM
boost HBM2 to 1200MHz

How to unlock the 1107mhz HBM2 cap on Vega64

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2550962.new#new
December 25, 2017, 01:48:57 PM
here is a little snipet i have not seen anywhere but noticed after watching the two miners run simultaneously on nanopool etn.eu1 server on the same house router same outgoing connection

i seem to be having more luck, meaning a higher calculated hash rate = more shares found, when setting one miner(blue) on etn.eu1 and the other(red) on etn.eu2

i dont know if this is relevant to other pools but on nanopool it seems to make a difference, at least for me earning approx
1200ETN/day

dont like how the ETN trading order book looks like though............
December 25, 2017, 01:41:11 PM
NTool ROCKS!!!

i retasked the 8 vegas to ETN

no changes on my driver settings 17.11.1
no changes to registry tables

i set these values in NTool for all 8 Vega:

CPU ST6 1212
CPU ST6 VOLT 890
CPU ST7 1408
CPU ST7 VOLT 890
MEM P3 1100
MEM P3 VOLT 870
FAN MIN 2500
FAN MAX 4900
TARGET TEMP 75
ACCOUSTIC 0
MAX TEMP 85
POWER TARGET 0

diasbled/enabled gpus in device manager

started nanopool ELECTRONEUM claymore miner (done the edit with my details already)

total speed 9800H/s
using only 1250W !!!!!!!!

will be doing the regedit next to attempt stated goal

---------------------------------

Norway has an abundance of tall sharp valleys and running water and has invested heavily into hydroelectric power
there is an oversupply for the 5.5 million residents even if its wasted and STATNET sells it to Germany and oher European countries
the oil money (25% of European demand) is separate
i have lived in a few countries around the globe and this one takes the biscuit for quality of living in the western world

Dude my 5 bios flashed Vega56 cards do 9850.

lol, read on it gets a lot better!!!
Activity: 99
December 23, 2017, 12:47:51 PM
NTool ROCKS!!!

i retasked the 8 vegas to ETN

no changes on my driver settings 17.11.1
no changes to registry tables

i set these values in NTool for all 8 Vega:

CPU ST6 1212
CPU ST6 VOLT 890
CPU ST7 1408
CPU ST7 VOLT 890
MEM P3 1100
MEM P3 VOLT 870
FAN MIN 2500
FAN MAX 4900
TARGET TEMP 75
ACCOUSTIC 0
MAX TEMP 85
POWER TARGET 0

diasbled/enabled gpus in device manager

started nanopool ELECTRONEUM claymore miner (done the edit with my details already)

total speed 9800H/s
using only 1250W !!!!!!!!

will be doing the regedit next to attempt stated goal

Norway has an abundance of tall sharp valleys and running water and has invested heavily into hydroelectric power
there is an oversupply for the 5.5 million residents even if its wasted and STATNET sells it to Germany and oher European countries
the oil money (25% of European demand) is separate
i have lived in a few countries around the globe and this one takes the biscuit for quality of living in the western world

Dude my 5 bios flashed Vega56 cards do 9850.
December 23, 2017, 12:00:15 PM
not following my own advice about having the same number of registry entries (folders) as you do VEGAs meant i had to DDU and reinstall mining drivers etc..

i know some have achieved 2200h per vega but im content with this speed and a super stable system

thnx all
December 23, 2017, 11:57:42 AM
beast mode achieved

12 x VEGA64 @ 23900H/s on CRYPTONIGHT-ETN

6 on MSI 6 on ASUS
2630W

pics here:

https://imgur.com/wvYNmUd

December 21, 2017, 06:29:04 AM
Christmass came early!!!

installed 3 more Vega 64 on the MSI Z270 mobo (red) for a total of 5
https://imgur.com/vDWksS2

no easy feat may i add as this gaming mobo can only utilise 4 of the 6 available PCIe slots at a time, i tried various combinations/restarts connecting to the regular PCIe mobo slots but the most i could get it to recognise was 4 which is clearly stated in the mobo manual (pic included), leaving the builder with 2 choices (please let me know of others):

1. using a 1 to 4 PCIe adapter (3 additional slots, i have 2 such adapters)
2. Using a M.2-1 to PCIe adapter (1 additional slot, i ordered 4 adapters, the second M.2-2 cancels a regular PCIe, refer to manual)

i connected the 1 to 4 adapter on PCIe 1 via logic as its 1st in the bus queue and is metal sheath coated for physical strength, connected 3 GPUs to it and the other 2 on mobo slots, by trial and error i found the correct combination for device manager to show all 5 working properly

at this stage i followed my methodology from above and checked the reg files to see i had 5 VEGA folders but after all the trials it showed 7, being adventurous and contrary to previous experience i changed the registries on all 7 folders, disabled enabled cards (NO PC RESTART) and started Cast XMR miner

BOOOOMMM  10.000H/s  !!!!

added to the ASUS 6 VEGA rig (blue) 12.000H/s for a total of

22.000H/s
at 2400W including mobos and screens thats 218W perGPU (cpu+mem=905V on Ntool) which is on the high side but again i prefer to spend a few $cents a month extra for stability as lower voltage settings caused various problems for me

Super STABLE mining ETN electroneum on Nanopool getting paid 500 coins 3 times a day for a calculated income of $3.200 a month approx
(looking at Sumocoin hhmmmmmmm)

from experience my total ETH mining speed should be around 490Mh/s, criminal to mine ETH now lol as said above

i have 1 more VEGA to install on the MSI mobo but its suffering from the Stockholm Syndrome

OPTIMAL AMBIENT TEMP AT 3200 RPM IS 5-6c

this ensures that the HBM2 temp stays well below the 70C threshold with CPU temps in the mid 30's
i have been keeping tabs on environmental conditions (in/out temp, humidity) to find the optimal operating temperature
you can use lower fan RPM but as im away from the miner for hours at a time i have callibrated for a possible rise in outside temp (teamviewer on a smart phone screen is not fun)

hope you find this info useful and im not spending all this time talking to myself

thnx

December 17, 2017, 01:18:37 PM
here is the comple list of components programs drivers proceedures resources:

https://imgur.com/Zi8OxkO
2 Rigs 1 Frame Total Capacity 12 x Vega 64

Rig Blue:
Asus B250 mining expert mobo x 1
RAM 8Gb = 2x4Gb
Pentium G4400 x 1
128Gb SSD x 1
PSU EVGA1600 x 1
PSU EVGA1000 x 1
PCIe RISERS x 6
GPU VEGA 64 x 6
SYS FAN 12V x 1

Rig Red:

MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK mobo x 1
RAM 16Gb = 2x8Gb
Pentium G4400 x 1
256Gb SSD x 1
PSU EVGA1600 x 1
PCIe RISERS x 2
GPU VEGA 64 x 2 (for now)

Drivers:
INTEL GRAPHICS (monitors connected to mobo not gpu)
AMD BLOCK CHAIN DRIVERS (Aug release)

Programs:
OS WIN PRO10 64bit
DDU
OverdriveNTool
REGISTRY TABLES by HELLÆ

Proceedure:
1.(standard practices i followed are listed in previous posts)
2.physicaly disconnect all GPU's from mobo
3.connect monitor to mobo
4.power on
5.set mobo bios to mining mode (explained below)
6.restart
7.make sure virtual mem is set at 60000mb
8.use DDU remove all display drivers (set to unistall and restart)
9.check registry address (if you dont know how, dont follow this proceedure):
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
make sure that 0000 and/or 0001 are intel graphics, etc folders, you should have no vega folders, if you do then repeat step
10.shut down
11.remove power cable from PSU, connect only 1 Vega
12.reconnect PSU and power on
13.give it time to do its thing after loading windows_ _ _ _ _ _few minutes (i miss the HDD led)
14.install AMD Blockchain Driver using custom mode not express uncheck all apart from graphics drivers (audio, wizard, settings)
15.allow time after installation complete, windows is still updating stuff on the os
16.shut down
17. remove power cable from PSU, connect only 1 more Vega
18.reconnect PSU and power on
19.give it time to do its thing after loading windows_ _ _ _ _ _few minutes (i miss the HDD led), it should have automaticaly updated the device manager and driver for the added Vega (check in device manager if you want)
20.shut down
21.repeat steps 17 to 20 to install all your Vegas one at a time
22.check device manager to see all installed correctly
23.update to Registry Table by Hellæ (you should have the same number of reg folders as you have Vegas installed)
24.Restart
25.goto device manager disable/enable all gpus manualy or use devcon (some say doing this 3 times eliminates long operation hashrate drop)
26.start Ntool, up min fan speed to ex. 3000 (do this for all gpus)
27.start prepared cast xmr miner
28.Robert's your fathers brother

----------------------------------
the Asus mining dedicated mobo has a mining function in the Bios that applies the correct settings in one
the MSI however needs some tweaking for 2 reasons:

1.once you connect the first gpu the monitor signal is set to route to it and you loose the mobo monitor port
you cannot have the monitor connected on gpu as hash drops and enable/disable is tricky and miner window when operating creates screen artifacts instead of text, dogle and teamviewer ideas are a bandaid and not a solution, to fix this disconect all gpus, connect monitor to mobo:
A.enter BIOS (del key)
B.switch to advanced view (F7)
C.Settings (on the left)
D.Advanced
E.Intergrated Graphics Devices Configuration
F.Initiate Graphic adapter -set to IGD
G.F10 to save and exit

better making BIOS changes one problem at a time, makes recovery easier if change doesnt work

2.setting the mobo in mining mode:
A.enter BIOS (del key)
B.switch to advanced view (F7)
C.Settings (on the left)
D.Advanced
E. (top selection, PCI....writting this from memory sorry)
F.PEG0 Max Link Speed -set to GEN2(try GEN1 if it doesnt work)
G.PCI Latency Timer -set to 96........(gives gpu more bus time to solve, not always necessary can leave as default)
H.Above 4G memory/Crypto Currency mining -set to ENABLED
I.F10 to save and exit

these were the bios tweeks i did on the MSI

after i finished instaling all gpus on a mobo, i check the reg key path to make sure i had as many RX Vega folders as i had GPUs connected, the first time i attempted it wasnt equal so i used DDU a second time and started again. This is important when applying the power play tables (RegEdit).
Remember to set 0 on EnableCrossFire and EnableUlpl in each RX Vega reg key file when doing the reg edit and check on next restart that it was applied otherwise miner wont work

when restarting the computer always remember to disable/enable the gpus before running miner

full credit and respect goes to Hellæ for the reg mod (power play tables)
full credit and respect to the coder of cast xmr, its lightning, light and stable
full credit and respect for the mining community putting out bits of info that i used to find El Dorado

check out on YT:
Geek Mark (respect to this guy for simple concise explanations)
Son of a Tech (got some Bios settings info from him)
and a host of others for general info

Thanx guys

to be continued next week on scheduled upgrade 21Dec

continued in a min....................
Activity: 8
December 17, 2017, 11:40:38 AM
hallo, i'm newbie
just want to start joining the mines

I want to ask,
what is the normal speed of vega 56 and 64 mining on ETH, XMR, ETN (no overclocked and bios mod)?

its save for mining nonstop?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: