Pages:
Author

Topic: Venezuela - page 10. (Read 2060 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
January 24, 2019, 07:11:59 PM
It seems to me that more serious domestic issues have just been sealed up here in the USA that has now freed up resources to pay more attention to what is going on in Venezuela. While I want Venezuela to be autonomous as well, Maduro is a scumbag, and in spite of me having no trust for them the CIA is not monolithic.

Some times intervention can be helpful if there is a light hand. I think the real issues come when it becomes an issue of dominating, creating endless wars, and removing national sovereignty. We only ever witness the shit shows. There have to be plenty of other successful interventions we have never even heard of.
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
January 24, 2019, 06:58:11 PM
What are your thoughts on the current situation in Venezuela? I know that Bitcoin is pretty popular there; do we have any Venezuelan forum members?

Guaidó is the most obvious CIA-backed politician I've ever seen, but Maduro is totally evil. I'd recommend that the people of Venezuela find a third option, but between the two I suppose Guaidó is probably better...?

The interventionists in the US government really want to send troops there, so they're having diplomats stand in the crossfire in the hope that an incident occurs and this can be used as an excuse to invade. If Maduro is really careful, this can maybe be avoided, and perhaps he can last a while longer. Even though the US is talking as though they'll militarily support anti-Maduro rebels, I don't think that they'll actually openly do so without something that they can say constitutes major provocation.

Whatever happens, I hope that the situation in Venezuela finally improves. From what I've heard, it's been basically a hellhole there for at least several years.
Pages:
Jump to: