Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 144. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
June 22, 2017, 11:06:41 AM
You guys put too much emphasis on websites...
Personally, no, but many thousands of others do/will.

Here's my opinion, a website can be great and the underlaying technology can be vaporware. I personally was able to use the P2P platform when it was released years ago. It blew my mind and I was psyched to see it advance and get more users. The missing piece was there was no way to monetize the use, it was peer to peer based on bitcoin. I am expecting that the next iteration will revolve around use of the VERI tokens and this will demonstrate value in having tokens.

I am interested in veritaseum based on their history of working technology. Could they have a flashier website? Sure, would it have increased the participation in the crowdsale, yes maybe, and your stake would be lower because of that and a higher float.

Activity: 492
Merit: 251
June 22, 2017, 11:03:38 AM
Will the rest of the Veritas coins be sold to institutions or will they hit the exchange when Veritaseum is on a large exchange?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2017, 10:33:21 AM
You guys put too much emphasis on websites...
Personally, no, but many thousands of others do/will.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 22, 2017, 10:27:27 AM
Looking for information on some alert service to find out when VERI will hit the big exchanges. Don;t want to rely on word of mouth. How do we get first jump on this information?
Activity: 82
June 22, 2017, 09:49:13 AM
You guys put too much emphasis on websites, in my opinion, at least in regards to icos.look at the site that we're on now. It's straight out of the 90s, but tak3 note of where you choose to do your business. On that note, the la do g page has been redesigned since the Offering. Go to http://Veritaseum.com.

Yes.  Too much emphasis on websites and not enough consideration for the value added activities happening behind the scenes.  The website looks fine to me.  Website demanding folks gotta recognize they are NOT, let me repeat, NOT the target audience at this point.  IMO peeps just have to go with the flow for now and stop distracting Reggie from his important work.  Smiley
Activity: 46
June 22, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
Nice! Looks much better! *thumbsup*
You know Reggie, Bill Gates garage was probably not the best place for him finding investors. Only young nerds in that time understood the importance but could only offer him a ride on their skateboard.  Grin
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
June 22, 2017, 07:35:59 AM
You guys put too much emphasis on websites, in my opinion, at least in regards to icos.look at the site that we're on now. It's straight out of the 90s, but tak3 note of where you choose to do your business. On that note, the la do g page has been redesigned since the Offering. Go to http://Veritaseum.com.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
June 22, 2017, 05:10:36 AM
I don't know why, but Clif High and his website also came to mind: https://www.halfpasthuman.com/  Grin
He mentioned Veritaseum in a single sentence in this report... sitting like a solid rock on mine   Cheesy

It reminds me of that song: "solid as a rock"  Grin
Activity: 46
June 22, 2017, 04:59:23 AM
I don't know why, but Clif High and his website also came to mind: https://www.halfpasthuman.com/  Grin
He mentioned Veritaseum in a single sentence in this report... sitting like a solid rock on mine   Cheesy
June 22, 2017, 04:35:34 AM
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
June 22, 2017, 04:28:48 AM
Veritaseum is like Apple (when Steve Jobs was taking the lead).
Activity: 58
June 22, 2017, 04:07:22 AM
I don't know of any future bounty program but I suspect of there is budget for such program, then I suggest to allocate some small amount on revamping the website appearance/design to make it more modern.

Having an attractive website IS a form of marketing, a form of a marketer spreading the words. And this is not supposed to be overlooked if Veritaseum believes in good marketing.

No, I don't think having an attractive-looking website needs to be expensive. The skills required for web designing are easy (at least far easier than programming skills). And there are plenty of services that actually help design great-looking websites for a tiny sum of money or even free (ref www.wix.com). Veritaseum should capitalize on such services.

So far the feedback I encountered about the website is that it's "straight out of 2002" or something like that.

The website can wait. They are working hard behind the scenes to get the actual services in place - to get a jumpstart on the competition! Anything beyond that is a distraction at this stage. I feel sorry for those who make decisions based on the attractiveness of a website. As the old saying goes: "Don't judge a book by its cover."

That being said, an attractive-looking, secure and fast website will definitely be a bonus!  Grin

Not just a bonus, in todays world it's a must. Visual identity, that is a recognizable logo and a decent website is something that this project/brand needs badly. Now it's the perfect time to sell some ether coins from the presale and hire a firm that knows how to do this.
June 22, 2017, 02:49:06 AM
I can already see the news headlines: "Badass Reggie Middleton and his Team have accomplished the unthinkable with a Not-So-Badass Website!"  Grin
June 22, 2017, 02:44:52 AM
I don't know of any future bounty program but I suspect of there is budget for such program, then I suggest to allocate some small amount on revamping the website appearance/design to make it more modern.

Having an attractive website IS a form of marketing, a form of a marketer spreading the words. And this is not supposed to be overlooked if Veritaseum believes in good marketing.

No, I don't think having an attractive-looking website needs to be expensive. The skills required for web designing are easy (at least far easier than programming skills). And there are plenty of services that actually help design great-looking websites for a tiny sum of money or even free (ref www.wix.com). Veritaseum should capitalize on such services.

So far the feedback I encountered about the website is that it's "straight out of 2002" or something like that.
Reggie didnt think the website was an issue back in 2015 when VERI 1 tokens were first offered. He got alot of flak and criticism, over and over, whenever he was on talking on Whalepool/Teamspeak. His opinion was that it was not something he should focus on and was not important, at that time.
Considering the same criticisms are resurfacing in the minds of the new observers, surely now its the right time to present something that doesnt look like it belongs in 2002.
@Reggie Its time. Hand it over to someone else to work on. Just do it, already.  Smiley

haha That's too funny!  Grin

You're right, but Reggie is probably too busy to read any messages here at the moment. He posted the following on June 20th in the Slack...

"I'm pretty busy this week and next. I'm flying off to another country tomorrow to do due diligence on what may be our first acquisition,  that would put us in direct competition with Tesla. I pulled the analysts off the research reports to rush the due diligence. If I pull the trigger, this will be tres exciting! Next week, I'm off to Jamaica to try and woo their stock exchange and central bank into adopting Veritaseum as their core platform for digital assets."

By the way: I am not a member of the Veritaseum team. I just like what I see (including the website Grin) and are trying to help out.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2017, 02:36:21 AM

Reggie didnt think the website was an issue back in 2015 when VERI 1 tokens were first offered. He got alot of flak and criticism, over and over, whenever he was on talking on Whalepool/Teamspeak. His opinion was that it was not something he should focus on and was not important, at that time.
Considering the same criticisms are resurfacing in the minds of the new observers, surely now its the right time to present something that doesnt look like it belongs in 2002.
@Reggie Its time. Hand it over to someone else to work on. Just do it, already.  Smiley
Activity: 112
June 22, 2017, 02:32:55 AM

The website can wait. They are working hard behind the scenes to get the actual services in place - to get a jumpstart on the competition! Anything beyond that is a distraction at this stage. I feel sorry for those who make decisions based on the attractiveness of a website. As the old saying goes: "Don't judge a book by its cover."

That being said, an attractive-looking, secure and fast website will definitely be a bonus!  Grin

Anybody invested in VERI who could offer Reggie their help if they can build decent websites? Just an idea. I would if I could but I can't do that... would make sense if a decent size investor who is skilled in this wanted to help their investment.
June 22, 2017, 02:20:51 AM

Seriously the project needs a lot of technical support and possible recruitment of some. Have noticed something and in this sphere of technology they need resource to pull the project on most esp when they could get a successful crowdsale

They are in the process of recruiting more people. However, it is not a process that can be finalized in 2-3 weeks.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
June 22, 2017, 02:13:35 AM

Seriously the project needs a lot of technical support and possible recruitment of some. Have noticed something and in this sphere of technology they need resource to pull the project on most esp when they could get a successful crowdsale
June 22, 2017, 01:59:43 AM

Jump to: