Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 154. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 274
June 17, 2017, 08:53:22 AM
So how can u trade stocks on this platform?

They are not stocks. They are cryptocurrencies.

Crypto tokens to be exact.  Wink
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
June 17, 2017, 08:51:09 AM

They are not stocks. They are cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
June 17, 2017, 08:43:13 AM
Is this legal? The SEC approved this?

No, it is not. The SEC never approved bitcoin and ethereum.
June 17, 2017, 08:36:10 AM

No, it is not. The SEC never approved bitcoin and ethereum.
June 17, 2017, 07:40:55 AM
June 17, 2017, 12:47:18 AM
Okay, so this is my very simplistic and gross estimation of the price of Veritas:

$1.635 quadrillion (notional amount, yet to be netted out)

/ 20 (conservatively I divide it by 20 because I personally do not think the future of digital money will be based on fractional reserve concept; 20 refers to an arbitrary average level of leverage that people and institutions employ to trade securities)

= $81.75 trillion

x 20% (conservatively assuming Veritaseum can only capture 20% market share despite being a fast-mover and patent protection)

= $16.35 trillion

x 0.02% (conservatively refers to the 2 basis points minimum that Veritaseum charges the institutions as fee for using the innovation)

= $3,270 million (also the market cap of Veritas)

/ 2 million (2 million circulating supply to simplify the calculation instead of 1.929..... which isn't really that far off)

= $1,635 per token.

Any fault/wrong/disagreement/exclusion with that estimation?

Now, institutions buy Veritas to use the Veritaseum platform to trade securities p2p. The token isn't a substitute to the currency used (it could be bitcoin, ethereum, etc) to do the trade, thus I estimate the value of the token based on the fee charged for using the platform. The fee is the revenue. I do not recall Reggie ever said anything about the token being an alternative cryptocurrency, but correct me if I am wrong. Of course the estimation may be diluted as more supply enters the market but I assume this is coupled with more adoption, i.e. increasing market share.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
June 16, 2017, 08:21:10 PM
the rest of the coins will be sold to institutions or a part will go to investors?
institutions

and then some coins may be rented?

Reggie tweets: 

Expect more demand for $VERI as institutions/startups come on board. That's why we're building a VERI rental contract, enabling monetization.

VERI for rent?  Rental terms of agreement will be interesting.

This asset is so early that it would be foolish to try and throw a number at it. You should be settling in to hold long term. Legacy type investment that will pass down to your grandkids. IMHO.

Reggie tweets:

Who's investigating bulk $VERI purchase: expanding airline, medical marijuana startup, electric motorcycle startup. Disrupting finance 4Real

Sounds good to me!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 16, 2017, 07:35:12 PM
the rest of the coins will be sold to institutions or a part will go to investors?
institutions

Reggie tweets: 

Expect more demand for $VERI as institutions/startups come on board. That's why we're building a VERI rental contract, enabling monetization.

This asset is so early that it would be foolish to try and throw a number at it. You should be settling in to hold long term. Legacy type investment that will pass down to your grandkids. IMHO.
June 16, 2017, 07:31:31 PM
how many coins do they need to buy/sell stocks for example, how do i have to see this?
Activity: 82
June 16, 2017, 07:11:31 PM
institutions

Reggie tweets: 

Activity: 58
June 16, 2017, 07:05:44 PM
institutions
June 16, 2017, 05:41:24 PM
June 16, 2017, 05:25:56 PM
VERITASEUM IS IN THE OFFICIAL LIST ON COIN MARKET CAP!
is the price realistic because its only listed on such a small exchange?

This is what I was thinking but Imagine when it hits a big exchange ...
Activity: 112
June 16, 2017, 05:25:30 PM

No.... people don't like Etheradelta much so many are waiting for the first major exchange to list and then they will pile in... that's when we'll have the initial price discovery. Then after the dust settles and it calms down the market should make bitcoin-type growth with an up & down uptrend over time. I guess so anyway. Short answer is no... this current price means nothing useful we can judge it by imo.
June 16, 2017, 05:09:22 PM
June 16, 2017, 05:05:30 PM
Hate asking this question but any veterans here hazard a guess at this coins potential price?
Activity: 17
June 16, 2017, 04:37:02 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
June 16, 2017, 11:25:07 AM
It is now at $46.52 with a 24h volume of $901,873.  Grin

Nowhere near enough to excite me yet my friend, needs to be at least triple that before I could bring myself to get mildly enthused!

haha I hear you. Personally I will only get excited when we hit the $1000 mark. We might get there before the end of the year. Wink

You really think so? I have no idea how to realistically price in near or long term value on these tokens. It's just a brave new world we've been born at the right time to see (and be actively part of).

I really think so. The $1000 figure is an extremely conservative figure given the potential of this. This of course doesn't take away from the risks involved, but I am sure we wouldn't want to have it any other way.

"It's just a brave new world we've been born at the right time to see (and be actively part of)" - That's the spirit!  Cool

P.S. I don't know how to price these tokens either, but I am sure we're going to learn a lot from Veritaseum's research in the days, months and years to come.  Wink
Activity: 112
June 16, 2017, 10:36:32 AM
It is now at $46.52 with a 24h volume of $901,873.  Grin

Nowhere near enough to excite me yet my friend, needs to be at least triple that before I could bring myself to get mildly enthused!

haha I hear you. Personally I will only get excited when we hit the $1000 mark. We might get there before the end of the year. Wink

You really think so? I have no idea how to realistically price in near or long term value on these tokens. It's just a brave new world we've been born at the right time to see (and be actively part of).
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
June 16, 2017, 07:26:14 AM
Etha delta market is only showing just over 2000 veri for sale! People starting to hold  Smiley What other exchange do you guys think will be first to list?

Starting.....? Starting......?

Get ready to witness the "Hodl Apocalypse" of 2017!  Wink
Jump to: