Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 51. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
November 01, 2017, 12:41:04 PM
No idea exactly why my post below was deleted, but I sense insecurity. Unless it is truly OFF TOPIC, there is no reason to delete it.
It is pitiful that the Veritaseum community has reach such a lowlife level whereby relevant comments are deleted.
My words do not determine your success or failure.
You determine your success and failure.
I am just saying it as it is.

So far there is NO institution buyer to the token, but merely deals to set up blockchain-based platform.
That is wrong. Reggie has mentioned at least a few institutional deals. Of course, these are not publicly announced.

Unless this is confirmed, I wouldn't bet just on words alone. Like I said, the deals are just about building a blockchain-based platform for the customers, not about buying the token.

Indeed I agree Reggie is a highly competent analyst, but that's the only competency he has in my humble opinion, because so far nothing else stands out.
Don't discount his Rolodex and business acumen and history. The hedge funds will call VERI way before they call LAToken because he's an insider (or the closest thing).

That's why I said he is just a very competent analyst. Being an analyst means having good business acumen and making the right calls. This still has nothing to do with any other competencies, to be frank about it. Whether hedge funds will call VERI way before LAToken / Proof is just personal opinion and remain to be seen, but so far I am very sure NO institutional buyer for VERI token otherwise the order book and the token price progression will reflect that very obviously.

Reggie is too concentrated in making deals at institutional level (upper level) while "selling the hype" at non-user/non-customer community level (lower level) and I believe this is a defective strategy. Obviously I know his reason for reaching out to the community but he is not doing this the smart way. And the way I see it, Reggie is a stubborn man with false pride gained solely from his analytical competency, so things will have a very hard time improving. If the institutional deals fall through, there will be nothing else to "sell/maintain the hype". Just because a person is highly competent in analytics doesn't mean he is a genius. And a non-genius that is stubborn at the same time will someday meet failure in life when his luck runs out. Veritaseum has its handicaps.

I participated in the HEDGE ICO and can say it most certainly was not junk and this project is something to pay attention to.  It's an index for crypto's for fiat lovers who still want to invest in the market without actually converting to digital currencies, the token itself is just used to pay the platform fees.  Check it out if you're interested.  

As for Veri,  I took a large loss and bought at 200$ and 100$ but will hold as I believe in Reggie but man this has been a really tough couple of months.  I second the claim that companies are taking shots at Veri and they are most certainly winning...

Sorry for your VERI loss. It is probably as bad as my LAToken and PayPie losses. Was a big mistake in going against my gut feeling and bought into Clif High & Gang's stupid recommendation on PayPie. I participated in Hedge too, through Rialto. I hope it will very soon launch its crypto ETF because that will be very bullish.

I agree with you on a few points, but I hope you're wrong. I bought into VERI post-ICO largely on the basis of Reggie's knowledge and connections, but I'm not thrilled with his ability to execute. What we've been able to see so far hasn't been very impressive, but I'm still holding out hope that there will be a strong market for his services if he's able to get it all together.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
November 01, 2017, 09:45:13 AM
Veritaseum was listed today on TOKEN STORE decentralized exchange: https://token.store/VERI

Activity: 420
Merit: 13
October 31, 2017, 10:59:11 PM
No idea exactly why my post below was deleted, but I sense insecurity. Unless it is truly OFF TOPIC, there is no reason to delete it.
It is pitiful that the Veritaseum community has reach such a lowlife level whereby relevant comments are deleted.
My words do not determine your success or failure.
You determine your success and failure.
I am just saying it as it is.

So far there is NO institution buyer to the token, but merely deals to set up blockchain-based platform.
That is wrong. Reggie has mentioned at least a few institutional deals. Of course, these are not publicly announced.

Unless this is confirmed, I wouldn't bet just on words alone. Like I said, the deals are just about building a blockchain-based platform for the customers, not about buying the token.

Indeed I agree Reggie is a highly competent analyst, but that's the only competency he has in my humble opinion, because so far nothing else stands out.
Don't discount his Rolodex and business acumen and history. The hedge funds will call VERI way before they call LAToken because he's an insider (or the closest thing).

That's why I said he is just a very competent analyst. Being an analyst means having good business acumen and making the right calls. This still has nothing to do with any other competencies, to be frank about it. Whether hedge funds will call VERI way before LAToken / Proof is just personal opinion and remain to be seen, but so far I am very sure NO institutional buyer for VERI token otherwise the order book and the token price progression will reflect that very obviously.

Reggie is too concentrated in making deals at institutional level (upper level) while "selling the hype" at non-user/non-customer community level (lower level) and I believe this is a defective strategy. Obviously I know his reason for reaching out to the community but he is not doing this the smart way. And the way I see it, Reggie is a stubborn man with false pride gained solely from his analytical competency, so things will have a very hard time improving. If the institutional deals fall through, there will be nothing else to "sell/maintain the hype". Just because a person is highly competent in analytics doesn't mean he is a genius. And a non-genius that is stubborn at the same time will someday meet failure in life when his luck runs out. Veritaseum has its handicaps.

I participated in the HEDGE ICO and can say it most certainly was not junk and this project is something to pay attention to.  It's an index for crypto's for fiat lovers who still want to invest in the market without actually converting to digital currencies, the token itself is just used to pay the platform fees.  Check it out if you're interested.  

As for Veri,  I took a large loss and bought at 200$ and 100$ but will hold as I believe in Reggie but man this has been a really tough couple of months.  I second the claim that companies are taking shots at Veri and they are most certainly winning...

Sorry for your VERI loss. It is probably as bad as my LAToken and PayPie losses. Was a big mistake in going against my gut feeling and bought into Clif High & Gang's stupid recommendation on PayPie. I participated in Hedge too, through Rialto. I hope it will very soon launch its crypto ETF because that will be very bullish.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
October 31, 2017, 02:23:51 PM
New tweet from Reggie:

I'm please w/team's progress. VeADIR beta v.11 out /ejrOGotUkY]https:/[Suspicious link removed]/ejrOGotUkY w/Asset Management Panel, viewable at /yMpamd6zXF]https:/[Suspicious link removed]/yMpamd6zXF.

Nice!!!! Go Reggie! Ignore the haters. You can do this! We Believe!!!!!!
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
October 31, 2017, 01:07:53 PM
New tweet from Reggie:

I'm please w/team's progress. VeADIR beta v.11 out https://t.co/ejrOGotUkY w/Asset Management Panel, viewable at https://t.co/yMpamd6zXF.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
October 31, 2017, 11:38:52 AM
It would be very naive for us to think Veritaseum will dominate 100% of the market share in asset tokenization.
Besides, Veritaseum is being managed in a very private closed door setting, thus greatly limiting its expansive potential.
Veritaseum's edge can only come from doing structured deals priced in VERI.
If he can run the company like it would a public decentralized one, then more potential can be unlocked, but I see this is very unlikely.
Human nature means it is highly reluctant for anyone to use someone else's token if he can make the same on his own.
Bitcoin reached high adoption partly because it is marketed to be un-owned by anyone, thus there is no claim of ownership to it, thus people are more open to adopting it.
Dash is private and yet it is widely used mainly because of the incentive provided for owning masternodes and others.
Veritaseum is private and yet has no incentive whatsoever to motivate adoption.

I regret I participated in LAToken ICO after seeing its price continue to decline to almost -80% by now.
If only I knew this, I wouldn't have contributed to the ICO.
Almost every ICO is junk now.
People are no longer even pumping the price up; they simply sell everything at ICO price and below to cash out the 15%-20% bonus for early participation.
Worse ICOs are the ones that do bounty program + give bonus for early participation + hard cap above $15 mil as these are the ones that have highest risk of price tanking way below ICO price after getting listed at EtherDelta.

I participated in the HEDGE ICO and can say it most certainly was not junk and this project is something to pay attention to.  It's an index for crypto's for fiat lovers who still want to invest in the market without actually converting to digital currencies, the token itself is just used to pay the platform fees.  Check it out if you're interested. 

As for Veri,  I took a large loss and bought at 200$ and 100$ but will hold as I believe in Reggie but man this has been a really tough couple of months.  I second the claim that companies are taking shots at Veri and they are most certainly winning...
October 31, 2017, 11:26:55 AM
It would be very naive for us to think Veritaseum will dominate 100% of the market share in asset tokenization.
Agreed, but VERI is targeting a very different asset classification than the other programs I've seen. More on this below...

I regret I participated in LAToken ICO after seeing its price continue to decline to almost -80% by now.
People are no longer even pumping the price up; they simply sell everything at ICO price and below to cash out the 15%-20% bonus for early participation.
Worse ICOs are the ones that do bounty program + give bonus for early participation + hard cap above $15 mil as these are the ones that have highest risk of price tanking way below ICO price after getting listed at EtherDelta.
Wow, that's quite a haircut, I didn't follow them.
I think it's part of a result of the structure of these ICOs with heavy bonuses to private pre-sales and bounty tokens. And also that - and I don't know why - everyone still thinks some of these ICOs will 10x on launch, and that is such a rare thing. I'm don't with ICOs except with particular structures and particular offerings. I'm looking for sleepers like Disledger. Amazing technology, they raised only 600 ETH in their ICO. When everyone finds out what they missed out on, this one should do well.
October 31, 2017, 10:15:04 AM
Look at the macro & microeconomic calls Reggie's team of analysts has made over the last 20years... exemplary!

Reggie nailed the tech stocks back in the 90's

He saw the potential of bitcoin/blockchain 5years ago & was making videos / filing patents long before anyone knew what btc or blockchain even was

He's VERI far ahead of the curve

He meets with folks like Obama & some of the most powerful hedge fund managers, UHNW individuals & is connected to some of the most important politicians in the world

There is a paid smear campaign vs VERI because some very powerful institutions aka Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan fear its amazing potential

It takes governments a long time to work things out - hence, announcements won't come over night. BUT... for those who are a bit patient...

VERI TO THE MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
October 31, 2017, 04:58:49 AM
Besides, Veritaseum is being managed in a very private closed door setting, thus greatly limiting its expansive potential.
Veritaseum's edge can only come from doing structured deals priced in VERI.
If he can run the company like it would a public decentralized one, then more potential can be unlocked, but I see this is very unlikely.
Human nature means it is highly reluctant for anyone to use someone else's token if he can make the same on his own.
Bitcoin reached high adoption partly because it is marketed to be un-owned by anyone, thus there is no claim of ownership to it, thus people are more open to adopting it.
Dash is private and yet it is widely used mainly because of the incentive provided for owning masternodes and others.
Veritaseum is private and yet has no incentive whatsoever to motivate adoption.

October 31, 2017, 04:25:20 AM
The buzz around Veri is probably the most confusing I've seen in a token. Some people are so crazily behind it they think it will be at parity with bitcoin (I've heard cliff high said this at one point) and some believe it is a total scam. I'm somewhere in the middle, it sounds like a good project with a solid team behind it. Things are getting done in professional way behind closed doors until a deal is struck and Reggie does a bunch of videos to keep a public face to the project. One to keep an eye on but I will be more than astonished if my holdings are worth a few bitcoin let alone a bitcoin each.
BCT users seem to be trying to redefine "scam." VERI is not a scam. A scam does not invest in developing platforms and provide periodic updates on progress. You can debate whether VERI will be successful at its mission, but a business that legitimately tries and fails is not a scam. VERI is definitely trying, we all await the results.

Clif says the government entities will be needing/wanting/looking for a service like VERI next year. Hard to say if that will happen or not but if it does, I am confident they will call VERI and not LAToken or any other competitor, as Reggie/VERI is the only team & project I've seen that is perfectly suited for these big projects.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 03:48:24 AM
What is the ICO price of Veri? And what is the number of total raised in the ICO? My friend told me that Veri is powerful project and very profitable. I want to buy more VERI but only a few exchanges list it.
Activity: 85
October 31, 2017, 03:45:46 AM
Any update from the team. Progress report would be nice.
October 31, 2017, 01:55:54 AM
The buzz around Veri is probably the most confusing I've seen in a token. Some people are so crazily behind it they think it will be at parity with bitcoin (I've heard cliff high said this at one point) and some believe it is a total scam. I'm somewhere in the middle, it sounds like a good project with a solid team behind it. Things are getting done in professional way behind closed doors until a deal is struck and Reggie does a bunch of videos to keep a public face to the project. One to keep an eye on but I will be more than astonished if my holdings are worth a few bitcoin let alone a bitcoin each.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, the most valuable coins are the ones people get most excited & animated about  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 68
Do good things
October 30, 2017, 10:37:32 PM
October 30, 2017, 09:45:32 PM
VERI will be good IMO - when Wall St starts rolling in they will be rolling into things that people around them tell them to get.

Reggie is a trusted analyst, for years. Very well respected... Look at the calls he's made, the stock picking competitions he's won.  Big money will flow to coins and systems whose owners have cosied up to/are close with fund managers and bankers. Reggie is totally in that world. If you were a fund and you wanted to run an asset management system or do a deal on blockchain, would you go to some random person on the internet with a blockchain solution or would you use someone who one of your colleagues on Wall St told you about that was trustworthy?
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
October 29, 2017, 02:44:03 PM
Grin Wohoo!!! A 1000 Veri going cheap as chips on Ether Delta at the moment, I'm not sure we are going to have them at this price for much longer, possibly might sink to around $40 even which would be good for anyone wanting to stock up but we are nearing the point where Reggies work will start bearing fruight. Just putting it out there, don't care about wether people agree or dissagree so argue with someone else

There are a few tokens I own where I want the price to drop so I can pick up more, but VERI isn't one of them. I'm ready for this one to start increasing in price again because I've got as much as I need for now.
Activity: 11
October 28, 2017, 03:44:15 PM
Grin Wohoo!!! A 1000 Veri going cheap as chips on Ether Delta at the moment, I'm not sure we are going to have them at this price for much longer, possibly might sink to around $40 even which would be good for anyone wanting to stock up but we are nearing the point where Reggies work will start bearing fruight. Just putting it out there, don't care about wether people agree or dissagree so argue with someone else

Thanks for the tip!
Activity: 22
October 28, 2017, 03:31:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
October 27, 2017, 09:24:02 PM
Hey guys, can somebody explain to me why the price is constantly going down since its high in july to now 54$ ? Is the dev still working on the project, did something important happen to this coin?
It's now at parity w/ litecoin so I'm gonna have to back the truck up tonight.
October 27, 2017, 08:49:11 PM
Hey guys, can somebody explain to me why the price is constantly going down since its high in july to now 54$ ? Is the dev still working on the project, did something important happen to this coin?
Maybe it would be more useful to tell you about how to navigate threads and read recent discussions on the topic rather than re-hashing this every week?
(hint, click on the page numbers at the bottom of the page).
Pages:
Jump to: