Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 52. (Read 251011 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
October 27, 2017, 08:24:51 PM
Hey guys, can somebody explain to me why the price is constantly going down since its high in july to now 54$ ? Is the dev still working on the project, did something important happen to this coin?
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
October 27, 2017, 05:47:00 PM
I remember this guy said he had a deal with a top 10 stock exchange - did he reveal it yet?

Reggie did not say he had a deal with a top 10 Stock Exchange. He indicated that he was "working" on a deal with a top 10 Stock Exchange.
And in the last video he says he is still working on it.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
October 27, 2017, 12:11:50 PM
I remember this guy said he had a deal with a top 10 stock exchange - did he reveal it yet?

Reggie did not say he had a deal with a top 10 Stock Exchange. He indicated that he was "working" on a deal with a top 10 Stock Exchange.
Activity: 264
Merit: 100
October 27, 2017, 08:42:56 AM
October 26, 2017, 02:01:38 PM
New tweet from Reggie:

https://twitter.com/ReggieMiddleton/status/923599949975212032

Public beta 10 of VeApps is now released with material upgrades & bug fixes. Most resources now focused on VeADIR https://ipfs.io/ipns/beta.veritaseum.com/

October 25, 2017, 07:23:49 PM
If you can realize the reasons why he make tweets and Youtube videos despite no institution is going to read/watch those stuffs, then you will be able to start judging his actions appropriately.
He makes the videos to (try to) placate the crypto community. Clearly he invests little time and effort as we get these in the form of quick videos he makes in spare pocket of time. His primary concern is not the crypto community, and I'm fine with that. We are not going to make his business succeed or fail.

Banking solely on closing institutional deals is very high risk. If they fall through, so will your "investment".
That is the investment we have chosen when we bought VERI as his goal has always been these large institutional deals, not pissing around with little stuff. If you thought otherwise, you probably should reconsider your investment. It is high risk but Reggie IMO seems well suited to pursuing and getting these deals done and he seems to be making progress. The bulk of the FUD seems to be people who think this should happen overnight.

I do not believe Reggie is financially humble. During the ICO, he wouldn't even bother to entertain people that want to do small purchases (he totally ignored such small-timer participants). I don't want to state the details as this is private and confidential that happens to more than 1 person.
My remarks were meant to observe that to my knowledge, Reggie has not gone on any spending sprees for fancy offices or real estate or hiring sprees or any other "lavish or excessive" use of money. Hard to say though, but I do not get that impression.

If it was my company, the FUD would be long dead already. As "dead" as many of those here that argue with me.
EVERY ICO that I've followed has one form of ongoing FUD in the BCT threads or another. Find me one that doesn't! It's incessant and unstoppable and not worth wasting a whole lot of energy over. If fools want to keep saying he's got 3 staff members when they have 10, so be it. When the next big deal is announced, no one will care or even remember.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 08:30:35 AM
Of course it's time consuming! Roll Eyes And if he bites, the FUDsters will keep on fishing.

Having watched Reggie doing livestreams, they're usually between meetings so he's making the most effective use of his time possible, the FUDsters didn't even bother to attend his last livestream despite the start time being announced in advance.

It is time consuming to those who are incompetent or have no will power.

Having participated in the ICO and ticking the box of making a small purchase (which went through fine) I'd like to hear more about this allegation.
Are you saying they refused or rejected ETH sent to the ICO address? Because we could check that using ethplorer or such.

I am not saying they refused or rejected ETH sent. I am saying if you contacted him or his team through email and/or phone during the ICO on how to make a small transaction, he would ignore you. At that time during the ICO, you can actually participate by sending directly to his personal addresses with BTC/ETH outside of ETH smart contract, whereby there will be few business days of processing time. Like I said, it was private and confidential. You can choose not to believe. But what the fuck, you can choose to believe all the good things about something and totally ignore everything else about it that is wrong. I don't care if Reggie is not financially humble. I don't even care if he is also dishonest with that. I only care if he does the right thing to make Veritaseum works and make me money. Don't give me the bullshit that he cares. Let's be professional.

If Reggie announces a killer deal in the near future would you still state he's "incompetent and has no will power"? Whether this happens of course remains to be seen.

Hell maybe your ICO stories happened, I'm not ruling it out, he's a busy guy and likely didn't have time to answer everyone mailing him direct.

Like I said I participated in the ICO with a small investment, you know what I had to do? Follow a step by step guide on the VERI website, a direct link to it was tweeted by Reggie more than once, sorry to hear those people couldn't follow simple instructions, perhaps they can join those in the salty corner who didn't invest due to the look of the website.

I only care if he does the right thing to make Veritaseum works and make me money

Well, Reggie currently defines "the right thing" as a route of action you're unhappy with, hopefully it'll still make you money, and by default everyone else here.

All the best.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
October 25, 2017, 08:04:37 AM
Of course it's time consuming! Roll Eyes And if he bites, the FUDsters will keep on fishing.

Having watched Reggie doing livestreams, they're usually between meetings so he's making the most effective use of his time possible, the FUDsters didn't even bother to attend his last livestream despite the start time being announced in advance.

It is time consuming to those who are incompetent or have no will power.

Having participated in the ICO and ticking the box of making a small purchase (which went through fine) I'd like to hear more about this allegation.
Are you saying they refused or rejected ETH sent to the ICO address? Because we could check that using ethplorer or such.

I am not saying they refused or rejected ETH sent. I am saying if you contacted him or his team through email and/or phone during the ICO on how to make a small transaction, he would ignore you. At that time during the ICO, you can actually participate by sending directly to his personal addresses with BTC/ETH outside of ETH smart contract, whereby there will be few business days of processing time. Like I said, it was private and confidential. You can choose not to believe. But what the fuck, you can choose to believe all the good things about something and totally ignore everything else about it that is wrong. I don't care if Reggie is not financially humble. I don't even care if he is also dishonest with that. I only care if he does the right thing to make Veritaseum works and make me money. Don't give me the bullshit that he cares. Let's be professional.
October 25, 2017, 05:43:42 AM
If it wasn't time consuming they'd have already done it, if it was an effective usage of time above what they're dealing with now, they'd have already done it. They likely also realise that even if they refute everything from a FUDster they will just cook up more, why does it matter if a FUD company set up overnight "appears stupid"? It doesn't, they've effectively wasted the companies time and they can just create another account / domain / identity and start again with similar worded, but essentially the same old FUD.

It is not time consuming. It is just lack of will power.
Nobody here ever questioned why doing countless of Youtube videos are not time consuming.

Everything is easy when there is will power.

I do not believe Reggie is financially humble. During the ICO, he wouldn't even bother to entertain people that want to do small purchases (he totally ignored such small-timer participants). I don't want to state the details as this is private and confidential that happens to more than 1 person.

October 25, 2017, 04:55:38 AM
With all due respect, NONE of those things are going to be necessary once some of these deals are closed and platforms are launched. Nice to have & beneficial? Yes. Absolutely necessary? Not really. We all know that a few press releases will do more than a whitepaper and website ever will.

Not that anyone will find any solace in this observation, but as Reggie said he lives fairly humbly. While you'd love him to spend a bunch of money on websites and communication and maybe even PR staff, it's kind of nice that he's being frugal and saving money in these departments. You can argue that spending money in those areas would or could be a net gain, but that is speculative and debatable and you can't blame Reggie if he disagrees in this regard.

I think Reggie is stuck in that position that a lot of business people get stuck in. You've given the presentations, you've done negotiations, now it's time to ink the agreement and make it official  and it ALWAYS takes longer than you want and than you anticipate. The things Reggie is proposing for the JSE are not trivial to implement, and generally involve a lot of parties that all have to come together to agree on nitty gritty details. Changing or augmenting these existing systems is vastly more complex than tokenizing a piece of real estate. Reggie wouldn't be continuing to make trips to Jamaica if it wasn't still progressing.

Once a few of these projects are announced and finished, no one will care if there is a whitepaper, website, FAQ, etc. Reggie provided numbers of his team members, I'm not sure why we need pictures and names of people we won't know or recognize to feel good about who he's hired. As Clif High aptly pointed out, you don't need to have a big staff to have a big operation.

The thing is, we all invested in VERI with the current website, with no whitepaper, knowing there was a small staff and no mature product/platform. Reggie never promised a new website or whitepaper or said he'd hire a huge staff. I'm really not sure why you guys have these expectations. Aside from being over-optimistic on some timelines, I don't know where Reggie has made any misrepresentations or mislead anyone to believe that there would or should be more, no matter how beneficial it may be. He's got his own way of doing things. Either accept it and HODL VERI or dump it... (not to anyone specifically, to everyone in general).

BTW, if it was my company I'm not sure I'd address or acknowledge the FUD. Sometimes that makes thing worse and there's usually little benefit.

If you can realize the reasons why he make tweets and Youtube videos despite no institution is going to read/watch those stuffs, then you will be able to start judging his actions appropriately.

Banking solely on closing institutional deals is very high risk. If they fall through, so will your "investment".

If it was my company, the FUD would be long dead already. As "dead" as many of those here that argue with me.
October 25, 2017, 04:44:42 AM
If it wasn't time consuming they'd have already done it, if it was an effective usage of time above what they're dealing with now, they'd have already done it. They likely also realise that even if they refute everything from a FUDster they will just cook up more, why does it matter if a FUD company set up overnight "appears stupid"? It doesn't, they've effectively wasted the companies time and they can just create another account / domain / identity and start again with similar worded, but essentially the same old FUD.

It is not time consuming. It is just lack of will power.
Nobody here ever questioned why doing countless of Youtube videos are not time consuming.

Everything is easy when there is will power.
October 25, 2017, 03:55:49 AM
I think Reggie is too overconfident to the point of ignoring all the limitations that continue to haunt the company, and may potentially cripple the company too if left continuously unattended.

Many followers here are so idiotic their comments are simply dumb. Their arguments are simply:
1. No whitepaper is necessary.
2. No website is necessary.
3. No FAQ is necessary.
4. No transparency of team is necessary.

All the above (and probably more) are unnecessary because Reggie says so.

You guys are banking entirely on Reggie's competency in closing deals.
Otherwise, everything would screw up.

It is good to be a contrarian. I love being a contrarian. It's the kind of Alpha attitude that I also personally have.
But let's be honest. Being a contrarian unnecessarily simply because you are incapable of doing what is necessary at your best is fatal.
With all due respect, NONE of those things are going to be necessary once some of these deals are closed and platforms are launched. Nice to have & beneficial? Yes. Absolutely necessary? Not really. We all know that a few press releases will do more than a whitepaper and website ever will.

Not that anyone will find any solace in this observation, but as Reggie said he lives fairly humbly. While you'd love him to spend a bunch of money on websites and communication and maybe even PR staff, it's kind of nice that he's being frugal and saving money in these departments. You can argue that spending money in those areas would or could be a net gain, but that is speculative and debatable and you can't blame Reggie if he disagrees in this regard.

I think Reggie is stuck in that position that a lot of business people get stuck in. You've given the presentations, you've done negotiations, now it's time to ink the agreement and make it official  and it ALWAYS takes longer than you want and than you anticipate. The things Reggie is proposing for the JSE are not trivial to implement, and generally involve a lot of parties that all have to come together to agree on nitty gritty details. Changing or augmenting these existing systems is vastly more complex than tokenizing a piece of real estate. Reggie wouldn't be continuing to make trips to Jamaica if it wasn't still progressing.

Once a few of these projects are announced and finished, no one will care if there is a whitepaper, website, FAQ, etc. Reggie provided numbers of his team members, I'm not sure why we need pictures and names of people we won't know or recognize to feel good about who he's hired. As Clif High aptly pointed out, you don't need to have a big staff to have a big operation.

The thing is, we all invested in VERI with the current website, with no whitepaper, knowing there was a small staff and no mature product/platform. Reggie never promised a new website or whitepaper or said he'd hire a huge staff. I'm really not sure why you guys have these expectations. Aside from being over-optimistic on some timelines, I don't know where Reggie has made any misrepresentations or mislead anyone to believe that there would or should be more, no matter how beneficial it may be. He's got his own way of doing things. Either accept it and HODL VERI or dump it... (not to anyone specifically, to everyone in general).

BTW, if it was my company I'm not sure I'd address or acknowledge the FUD. Sometimes that makes thing worse and there's usually little benefit.
October 25, 2017, 03:36:00 AM
I'd rather Reggie be out doing deals and what he thinks is best for the business, which makes sense given he runs it...

The VERI team could spend days putting together the most comprehensive FAQ, or full lengthy video refutations (which would mostly be going over old ground) the FUDsters wouldn't stop, if they're not disclosing who they are and why they're paying to spread FUD then they clearly have an agenda and won't stop regardless of circumstances. These FUDsters know very well that the order of magnitude to refute BS is much, much higher than it is to spread it, it's an effective tactic to waste a companies resources and time.

We all have to remember this is a private company, so unfortunately we can't be privy to everything going on, whilst it's possible we have good suggestions we'll never be able to see the full picture as opposed to those working on the inside, you either trust Reggie and the team to do what's best for the business with the resources at his disposal, or you don't.

If you have the will, you will find the way. Why do you think putting a comprehensive FAQ and a full length video to refute the FUD is a very costly and/or time-consuming thing to do? You are wrong. If the team is a fighter by quickly refuting any FUD, the FUDsters would quit. If you have already debunked their argument, they will not repeat the same FUD or else they will make themselves appear stupid. Waste company's resources? Reggie himself said his job is to talk. He should have spend more time countering all the FUDs more effectively and professionally.

I think Reggie is too overconfident to the point of ignoring all the limitations that continue to haunt the company, and may potentially cripple the company too if left continuously unattended.

Many followers here are so idiotic their comments are simply dumb. Their arguments are simply:
3. No FAQ is necessary.

Everyone is "idiotic and dumb" for not thinking the same as you? Including by your assertions the company founder who has refuted (with reasons) multiple times the needs for points 1 and 2, which is unfortunate for you because he runs the company, and you do not.

I don't think anyone here is going to argue against work needing doing on 3 and 4, and probably 2.
I agree that yes the FAQ could do with updating, yes team transparency could be better and yes the website could be slicker than it is. But, I also believe that Reggie is focusing his and the team efforts where he sees maximum value for the business, clearly this is not currently aligned with what you want to see and is irksome, especially if you have a large holding as you state.

I agree with you on the likely "price" action (ie tank) if there is a failure to seal deals such as the JSE and others, you raised this yourself, so I have to ask what do you want more? Deals closing, or your list of points to be addressed? Clearly there isn't the resources right now to do both.

All the best.
October 24, 2017, 10:50:54 PM
Thank you for the laugh Dorkie. If your advice is worth $ Millions, then why are you wasting your time here? Surely there must be hoards of people clamouring to receive and pay you for your advice.

The current value of the VERI token does not concern me as it is not true price discovery. I will be patient and the utility value will be recognized in time.

You may laugh all you like while your portfolio continues to go lower.

The true price discovery is Veritaseum's competency. If JSE and other deals fall through, Reggie will need to take several more months of extra time wasted to find few more deals to talk about let alone close it that will take many more extra months to years, while the price will tank further much lower. You (and many others) are naively idealistic.
Activity: 247
October 24, 2017, 10:14:00 PM
Thank you for the laugh Dorkie. If your advice is worth $ Millions, then why are you wasting your time here? Surely there must be hoards of people clamouring to receive and pay you for your advice.

The current value of the VERI token does not concern me as it is not true price discovery. I will be patient and the utility value will be recognized in time.
October 24, 2017, 09:36:14 PM

3. No FAQ is necessary.

It is good to be a contrarian. I love being a contrarian. It's the kind of Alpha attitude that I also personally have.
But let's be honest. Being a contrarian unnecessarily simply because you are incapable of doing what is necessary at your best is fatal.

Reggie is smart enough to hire outside adviser to give advice.
But he is not smart enough to take advice given for free.
My advice while given free, is actually not free.
My advice is worth $ millions.
Because if you fail to consider my advice, the price may drop by few percentages continuously.
I don't control the price.
It's just that the market is generally in agreement with me.
October 24, 2017, 09:02:03 PM
I'd rather Reggie be out doing deals and what he thinks is best for the business, which makes sense given he runs it...

The VERI team could spend days putting together the most comprehensive FAQ, or full lengthy video refutations (which would mostly be going over old ground) the FUDsters wouldn't stop, if they're not disclosing who they are and why they're paying to spread FUD then they clearly have an agenda and won't stop regardless of circumstances. These FUDsters know very well that the order of magnitude to refute BS is much, much higher than it is to spread it, it's an effective tactic to waste a companies resources and time.

We all have to remember this is a private company, so unfortunately we can't be privy to everything going on, whilst it's possible we have good suggestions we'll never be able to see the full picture as opposed to those working on the inside, you either trust Reggie and the team to do what's best for the business with the resources at his disposal, or you don't.

If you have the will, you will find the way. Why do you think putting a comprehensive FAQ and a full length video to refute the FUD is a very costly and/or time-consuming thing to do? You are wrong. If the team is a fighter by quickly refuting any FUD, the FUDsters would quit. If you have already debunked their argument, they will not repeat the same FUD or else they will make themselves appear stupid. Waste company's resources? Reggie himself said his job is to talk. He should have spend more time countering all the FUDs more effectively and professionally.

A private company working in a blockchain industry that promotes transparency is actually looking for trouble eventually. I am not asking for transparency in ongoing negotiations. I am asking for transparency in some of the things that by reason and logic, he should be doing, i.e. do whitepaper, disclose team, refute FUD. Yeah, whitepaper. Every other ICOs have whitepaper and they are not stupid. JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs have no whitepaper because they are not in the blockchain industry doing ICOs.

I am a large holder of VERI and despite that, I dare to voice out my opinion as I see right and reasonable. People like some of you disagree with me because while you have VERI too, you are fearful of all the negative comments that will make the price go lower and suffer paper loss. I don't mind suffering paper loss if such loss is temporary on a foundation where everything is being done effectively. If you guys cannot handle my criticism, then you should not be holding any VERI. There were many members here in the past quick to say I am a FUDster, but today most of them are GONE! Sold off everything despite claiming to be a hodler. Nonsense. I am critical and yet I am still holding. In terms of being objective, I dare say my objectivity far exceed many others.
October 24, 2017, 08:33:46 PM
Lol, your reading comprehension is very poor. I wasn't preaching, I was explaining, thank you for the compliment though.  
Nowhere did I say I am selling, but I did specificially say I am buying and will be until the end of the year.  
You really need to sell what you have and be sure to list at a lower asking price than anyone else so that it sells fast, I'm buying on ED but you are free to sell on any of the exchanges that list Veritaseum.  

I promise that if you list for 0.1ETH/VERI or less your stash would sell immediately.  That way you can follow your own advice and have even more ETH - "one of the few top daily performers".

You would also have the added benefit of not being one of the "fools" or "losers" that is holding Veritaseum while it keeps dropping. Take your own advice, don't be a "yes-man" by your actions.

As a side note, you admitting to being a cry-baby is sad.  Also cry-babies don't fight for anything, they cry like babies at the littlest opposition.

I forgot one thing that made me laugh out loud, that statement you made about objectively taking criticism is the most perfect display of Psychological Projection I have ever seen.

I have good comprehension. You are simply being sarcastic for telling me to sell everything. Nowhere did I ask you to sell, nor you say you are selling. Of course you did say you are buying, which is why I suggest you to go all in with all you have. You need to get your eyes fixed. Or get a psychologist. Practice what you preach. If you really believe it will keep dropping, then why keep buying? You are suffering from self-contradiction. Do you believe I am a cry baby? No, I am not a cry baby. I am a highly critical thinker. If you don't believe that, then you are suffering from negative bias. Of course I take criticism objectively, but your statements are entirely based on sarcasm and nothing objective. Do you take criticism objectively? I don't mind if you do. I hope you do. But being sarcastic that you are, you can't. I am a fighter. You on the other hand are a follower.

It's amazing how people don't understand what you stated here.

Lol, it is amazing many people like you are buying VERI with a blind faith. Arguing for confidentiality simply because it is a private company, and yet ironically operate in blockchain industry that thrives on transparency does not seem to be a problem for the intellectually impaired. You have my sympathy. Here's my advice to a newbie like you. Expand your outlook further. Go research on how a majority of other ICO teams are doing in being transparent.

Update:
You know, I don't mind being a cry baby (even though I am not) to some fools, as long as the collective market participants agree with me. At the time of writing, Veritaseum is one of the few cryptos listed in coinmarketcap that actually perform negatively. Now shut your mouth, do your job, and go buy more to support the price.

Here's the real deal. You don't need to act like smart alec to impress me. If you are doing the right thing, your portfolio will go up in value. Mine is, despite VERI underperforming. If Reggie is doing the right thing, the price will go up in value. There is absolutely no need for anyone to be an ass-kisser. It pays far more to be objective.
Activity: 126
October 24, 2017, 05:15:01 PM

It's amazing how people don't understand what you stated here.
Activity: 126
October 24, 2017, 05:03:45 PM
A characteristic of a cry baby is pouting when it gets no attention or confirmation of opinion.  Then it starts to wildly scream with accusations  everyone being incompetent.  

An egocentric personality....always ends up being a cry-baby. These are the ones who were sent to the corner of the classroom in their childhood for disturbing the class.    Attention-Demanders.  

Just sayin

Better be a cry-baby, than be a yes-man.
A cry-baby fights for something.
A yes-man fights for nothing.

You should definitely sell the Veritaseum you own before all the bad things in your imagination happen.  

The best way to sell quickly before it goes to zero is to sell for a much lower price than the lowest sell price.

I'm still actively buying on etherdelta.com, and I will be until the end of the year.

Here's a nice tutorial if you're not familiar with the exchange:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpeEuPMsL8

Lol, instead of suggesting me what to do, you should do what you preach.
If you think the price is still cheapass, you should sell your house, sell your car, sell your spouse and children, sell yourself and use all the money to buy all the VERI that you can buy.

Losers are always the kind that cannot take criticism objectively.

Edit:
If the Japanese people were losers like the Americans, they wouldn't be an economic superpower today, despite having no nuclear weapons to threaten anyone.

These same kind of defensiveness that you two fools are expressing are the same kind of defensiveness some of the foolish members here expressed when I "cried" for a FAQ way back then.

In other news source, I repeatedly said the next rotation from bitcoin will be into ETH, that ETH is the next best buy.
As of today, so far I am proven right as ETH is one of the few top daily performers while BTC goes -3%.
Looking at the difference, ETH so far outperformed by more than 10% vs BTC.
VERI on the other hand, underperforms at time of writing.
The market is not wrong.
So far the collective participants agree with me more than they disagree.
You guys are probably the losers that disagree.
If Reggie was to focus his last video solely on refuting each of the points in the FUD report, today's % price change may be as good as ETH/OmiseGo/Populous/etc.
Because you idiots being idiots, you accuse me of being a cry-baby etc.

Despite having a video to debunk the FUD report, the % price change remain uninspiring.
You fools don't see the problem?

Lol, your reading comprehension is very poor. I wasn't preaching, I was explaining, thank you for the compliment though.  
Nowhere did I say I am selling, but I did specificially say I am buying and will be until the end of the year.  
You really need to sell what you have and be sure to list at a lower asking price than anyone else so that it sells fast, I'm buying on ED but you are free to sell on any of the exchanges that list Veritaseum.  

I promise that if you list for 0.1ETH/VERI or less your stash would sell immediately.  That way you can follow your own advice and have even more ETH - "one of the few top daily performers".

You would also have the added benefit of not being one of the "fools" or "losers" that is holding Veritaseum while it keeps dropping. Take your own advice, don't be a "yes-man" by your actions.

As a side note, you admitting to being a cry-baby is sad.  Also cry-babies don't fight for anything, they cry like babies at the littlest opposition.

I forgot one thing that made me laugh out loud, that statement you made about objectively taking criticism is the most perfect display of Psychological Projection I have ever seen.
Pages:
Jump to: