Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 56. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 05:46:43 AM
Has anybody here seen this report on Veritaseum that came out yesterday?

http://lighthousecrypto.com/LightHouseCryptoVeritaseumReport.pdf

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/report-cryptoasset-veritaseum-veri-is-worth-close-to-0-2285417

I've been hodling VERI from the top, but this is so much new information to the downside that I sold my tokens. I hope I'm not mistaken but this just smells too fishy to me..

What do the current VERI  think about the information in this report?

Yeah this sums up what I had said earlier.... no team, broken promises, iffy research, token probably unnecessary, competitors growing and eclipsing
VERI..... the only parts I'm not worried about are Reggie holding most of the tokens and that the tokens grant no legal rights because almost every other token grants nothing as well. 

This isn't new info this was all out there. The thing that really bothers me is the CONTINUED failure to deliver tangible progress even after millions of funding and months of stringing us along. I don't think this is a scam, Reggie is obviously trying to build a company he's just doing a poor job right now.
For me to feel better about this, Reggie needs to build a fucking team and follow through with Jamaica. Very disappointing so far. 

I don't know what Clif high saw in this or what his web bot picked up but he's about as wrong on this as he was on silver. Unless Reggie can pull this out of his ass and prove me wrong by 2018, this ship is going down too. There are too many other legitimate block chain companies for Veritaseum to even be considered by anyone other than the most desperate.

I don't know how much longer I can hold on to these... even as a gamble. Perhaps I do something similar to what dorkie has done and trade VERI for another token doing the same thing
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
October 19, 2017, 05:03:09 AM
I would very much love the team to debunk the report ASAP, despite the fact that many of the points in the report have been debunked before.

Let's just wait and see how effective and efficient is the team at damage control.

Masiah, please take note.

Edit:
I am particularly curious about the patent application that got rejected.
Frankly speaking, I am very tired with doing all the shout outs already.
By right, the team should have some responsibility in putting all these FUD to rest.
That comprehensive FAQ that I kept shouting at you guys to do, that you eventually did, can be expanded to including more explanation to debunk the report, which will actually be great help not only to the Veritaseum team but to every VERI token holder.

Edit #2:
I try to be safe by diversifying my portfolio to including other ICOs that have same/similar business model as Veritaseum, for example LAToken.
Currently, LAToken prevents token withdrawal to personal ETH addresses until end of October, which I believe is to avoid the current ICO bloodbath.
A hard decision that could put the company in bad light, but necessary nevertheless to protect the credibility of the token (don't want it to end up like PayPie).
And the reason why I am "invested" in same/similar business model is because I believe asset tokenization will be the next big thing.
So in case Veritaseum is stupid and incompetent enough to screw up, at least I will still have a stake in such future through LAToken.
Coming up, another ICO has the same/similar business model in operation to diversify the risk further.
Activity: 1
October 19, 2017, 03:40:11 AM
Has anybody here seen this report on Veritaseum that came out yesterday?

http://lighthousecrypto.com/LightHouseCryptoVeritaseumReport.pdf

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/report-cryptoasset-veritaseum-veri-is-worth-close-to-0-2285417

I've been hodling VERI from the top, but this is so much new information to the downside that I sold my tokens. I hope I'm not mistaken but this just smells too fishy to me..

What do the current VERI  holders think about the information in this report?
October 18, 2017, 10:50:39 PM
Absolutely blows my mind that this is still trading over $50. 2% of tokens 'on market' and a team of 3 people.. what the hell am I missing?

Reggie is holding 98%.
Some other ICOs are holding 60%.
What makes you think Reggie is a scam and others are not?
That 2% figure was because the ICO was not marketed well enough, thus sold out 2% only, exceedingly much to our benefit.

Not sure about the tiny team.
Maybe they are not disclosing key individuals judging by the fact that Veritaseum continues to be targeted by FUD.

If you want to know a scam, you might want to look into SALT Lending.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
October 18, 2017, 10:37:30 PM
There are numerous videos available and messages with information in this thread. If you can't figure out what the company is doing by now perhaps you should move on to something else as this company is likely not a good fit for you. Regardless, I am not selling any of my VERI tokens for years to come.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
October 18, 2017, 05:58:08 PM
Absolutely blows my mind that this is still trading over $50. 2% of tokens 'on market' and a team of 3 people.. what the hell am I missing?
October 17, 2017, 11:58:57 PM

So Veritaseum aims to become a major player across the Caribbean countries, working out any "bugs" along the way.

And then it will be waiting in the wings, ready for when the Euro collapses.

I  ;Ddont fully understand what VERI can do, no matter how many times I read the white paper, but I certainly wasnt expecting that.

You have to admire Reggies ambition

If you want to know what Veritaseum is doing, you can learn about that from LAToken, which is doing similar thing, i.e. asset tokenization and the exchange of such fractional ownership based on P2P.

However, I am not fully sure if Veritaseum's business model allows fractional ownership.

I believe asset tokenization and P2P exchange of fractional ownership will be the next big thing.
And positioning well into this area may give some of the most profitable venture you can ever dream of.

Populous and PayPie are also partially into this area as well, albeit specialized in exchanges of invoices, which can be seen as another asset class.
Activity: 55
October 17, 2017, 04:32:30 PM
Hmmmmmmm
October 17, 2017, 04:30:51 PM
When is this Jamaican stock exchange beta going to go live? It's been pushed back week after week for months now. The Veri rental beta is cool but it's empty progress if there is no demand to rent Veri Tokens. Reggie speaks of other business developments going well but if he cant keep his own deadlines for the Jamaican exchange, how good is his word for the other developments? All we have is his word that business is good but so far his word has disappointed. I understand that things take time but if its going to take 4 months to do something tell me "this is going to take 4 months". Don't drag it out week after week telling me "it'll be up by next week" for 4 months.

Website is disappointing but can be overlooked.
Research reports are disappointing and hurt a little more than the website.
Team is almost non existent... Reggie, my mans, hire some people wtf are you doing!?!
Competition is growing... who is going to go to Reggie's one man show when IBM is writing blockchain solutions? Then we have other start ups like Consensys which has been selected to become Dubai's official blockchain adviser and much, much more. Consensys doesn't even have a coin/token, they did things the old fashioned way because you don't need a token or coin to write blockchain systems. It seems excessive and unnecessary to have a token/coin for almost every ICO start up.

I hope someone can help me feel good about Veritaseum again.... the price increase since ICO has been neat but fundamentals have disappeared on me.

There's lots of buyers on etherdelta.com .  If you put in a bid a little lower than the current Bid Price you will sell faster.

Cheeky... you wont get me to sell, I'll hodl till the bitter end. I'm just not sure why & you've provided no answer either

you sounded like you wanted to sell and I'm actively buying for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

btw, I think it's a good move you're not selling. VERI is going to be bigger than anyone expects.

Well I hope you are right.... at this point with the information available it seems a little unlikely. I'd say a bit of a gamble but I tend to look at it this way: If it fails ahh well what have I lost? a few thousand maybe and perhaps my pride. If I sell now and it ends up succeeding what have I lost? potentially tens if not hundreds of thousands.

But this is the view of a gambler.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 04:17:02 PM

So Veritaseum aims to become a major player across the Caribbean countries, working out any "bugs" along the way.

And then it will be waiting in the wings, ready for when the Euro collapses.

I  ;Ddont fully understand what VERI can do, no matter how many times I read the white paper, but I certainly wasnt expecting that.

You have to admire Reggies ambition
Activity: 126
October 16, 2017, 03:23:15 PM
When is this Jamaican stock exchange beta going to go live? It's been pushed back week after week for months now. The Veri rental beta is cool but it's empty progress if there is no demand to rent Veri Tokens. Reggie speaks of other business developments going well but if he cant keep his own deadlines for the Jamaican exchange, how good is his word for the other developments? All we have is his word that business is good but so far his word has disappointed. I understand that things take time but if its going to take 4 months to do something tell me "this is going to take 4 months". Don't drag it out week after week telling me "it'll be up by next week" for 4 months.

Team is almost non existent... Reggie, my mans, hire some people wtf are you doing!?!
Competition is growing... who is going to go to Reggie's one man show when IBM is writing blockchain solutions? Then we have other start ups like Consensys which has been selected to become Dubai's official blockchain adviser and much, much more. Consensys doesn't even have a coin/token, they did things the old fashioned way because you don't need a token or coin to write blockchain systems. It seems excessive and unnecessary to have a token/coin for almost every ICO start up.

I hope someone can help me feel good about Veritaseum again.... the price increase since ICO has been neat but fundamentals have disappeared on me.

There's lots of buyers on etherdelta.com .  If you put in a bid a little lower than the current Bid Price you will sell faster.

Cheeky... you wont get me to sell, I'll hodl till the bitter end. I'm just not sure why & you've provided no answer either

you sounded like you wanted to sell and I'm actively buying for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

btw, I think it's a good move you're not selling. VERI is going to be bigger than anyone expects.
October 16, 2017, 03:21:33 PM

October 15, 2017, 01:15:41 AM

October 14, 2017, 12:28:54 PM
Please be warned that my "Dorky" account has been compromised.

If anyone received any PM from this hacker soliciting for sale of something, or promotion of something, please let me know also.
I want to know the extent of the scam.

Sad that I am a recent victim of account hack, but shockingly this is actually nothing new.
And the administrator is not even stopping such hacking operation.

Be very careful.

For more information, refer here https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcointalk-accounts-are-being-bought-and-sold/

I am saying all these here because I frequented here.
So I suspect the hacker that is now using my "Dorky" account may very likely try to promote fake deals through members in this thread and/or people that I've talked to in PM.
October 14, 2017, 04:32:15 AM

October 13, 2017, 09:24:51 PM

October 13, 2017, 07:43:41 AM
Dorky, you should work on your security concept.

How can it happen?
Most likely a weak password or compromised system.
Less likely bruteforce luck or forum security flaw.

How do I even know?
Apparently someone did his own forensic research and found out 1000+ account here have been hacked.
And the ones doing all the hacking involved only 1 or 2 persons.
Some said the admin is not doing anything about it.
Others even said the admin is involved in the hacking (sort of like inside job).
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
into the clusterfuck
October 13, 2017, 07:36:54 AM
Dorky, you should work on your security concept.

How can it happen?
Most likely a weak password or compromised system.
Less likely bruteforce luck or forum security flaw.
October 13, 2017, 12:21:51 AM
Wow, look at all your slanders.

My computer was down for just a few days and this Dorky account of mine is already hacked by someone.

No, I do not endorse any ICO (not even Genesis Vision).

Is this the work of some asshole technician that repaired my computer?
But highly unlikely because the same asshole that hacked my account also posted several new comments with a totally foreign language.

What can I do to recover my Dorky account that is now under the use of some hacker?
And how in the world can this even be possible?

Edit:
That asshole hacker was using Turkish language (a Turkish hacker?).

One shitty thing with this forum is that it is so "decentralized" (a sweet word for saying it is not properly organized) that I cannot find any authoritative figure to solve this problem.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 12, 2017, 09:46:10 AM
  I just hope the value increase will not be temporary. The idea of trading only on etherdelta of erc20 token, for me does not show project team marketing prowess, it is has traded there for more than 2months until the value decline so well. I hope the added exchanges will bring a little stability in a good value to the token, however etherdelta still takes a large percentage of trade which show insufficient the new exchange are

@royalfestus - veri has done better than finding an exchange... they're building they're own... with jamaica  Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy so much better!!!!

If they seal the deal and it goes live that is  Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: