Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 61. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
September 27, 2017, 03:00:48 PM

September was looking very promising for VERI, after the 18th we are again witnessing accelerated selling, the same is happening with PPT, so what are your thoughts, double bottom on .0156 btc, or even more blood?

I think Veritaseum received a lot of attention from it's insane growth since the ICO, people bought in without knowing the potential of the project with a working product.  They see the price drop and sell off instantly as there's no way to short and this will continue until Reggie releases news comparable to the Jamaican Stock Exchange.  I've lost money on Veri but haven't thought of selling once, we'll look back on these prices in a year and laugh.  Needless to say, I'm bullish Smiley

Regarding PPT, I'm completely dumbfounded on this dip, I think there's interest in PayPie and people are worried it will out compete Populous.  I, for one, think PPT will have a consistent presence in the top 25 as their product is going to be released in the coming months.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 02:55:34 PM

September was looking very promising for VERI, after the 18th we are again witnessing accelerated selling, the same is happening with PPT, so what are your thoughts, double bottom on .0156 btc, or even more blood?

https://i.imgur.com/nr8IxlK.jpg
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
September 22, 2017, 03:15:25 AM

New Reggie Middleton's video:

Reggie Middleton's Keynote Address at the Global Business Conference at Harvard University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYLDeBHTwA

The video's last question's premise, which Reggie explained about P2P without the middleman but the person said is not about P2P transaction; I suspect his actual premise is whether bitcoin will totally displace central banking altogether, because we are still using fiats to get into cryptos.

I would say yes.
And whether my suspicion is right about that person's actual premise will need Reggie to confirm.
It's an interesting question. It just depends on who takes what currency. If I can start paying all of my bills with crypto I don't need fiat.
Governments and central banks are loathe to give up control and easy profits for being middle-men. It may be that at some point laws would prevent certain entities from accepting a non-federal crypto (because I think the federal reserve may eventually establish its own crypto dollar) thus forcing use to convert crypto to fiat to pay certain bills. But if the local grocery store and utility companies take crypto, who needs a bank any more? Think about why you have a bank... #1 so you don't have piles of cash laying around (ie Security/Risk) and #2 so you can cash checks and write checks. Crypto addresses those needs.

Once people un-bank, the fractional reserve lending system goes away and with it the fed's ability to control the money supply.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
September 22, 2017, 12:58:59 AM

Reggie Middleton's Keynote Address at the Global Business Conference at Harvard University

The video's last question's premise, which Reggie explained about P2P without the middleman but the person said is not about P2P transaction; I suspect his actual premise is whether bitcoin will totally displace central banking altogether, because we are still using fiats to get into cryptos.

I would say yes.
And whether my suspicion is right about that person's actual premise will need Reggie to confirm.
Activity: 714
September 21, 2017, 11:14:07 PM
You have a large market cap but only trade in a few small exchanges, what is wrong here?

The trade volume is relatively small. Big exchanges don't bite until they see big volumes. We need to buid up the volume ourselves, the community, and then exchanges will start listing VERI.
Activity: 297
September 21, 2017, 10:50:46 PM
You have a large market cap but only trade in a few small exchanges, what is wrong here?
September 21, 2017, 10:45:46 PM

Sorry, your posts are hype. No one cares if a nameless, faceless person on BCT is excited about news that has just been posted. You posting about your excitement is nothing more than hype.
On the same token, no one cares if you think VERI will go to $50 or $500 or $5000 without any detailed and thought-out reasoning for such a projection. Such posts are also nothing more than hype. I could post, "I think VERI is going to $1000!" Whoop-de-doo. Who cares what I think? I am just another nameless faceless poster too. These posts are hype, nothing more.

So what I am just sharing here my opinions for what it's worth ? I don't know why you have to be so mean about it.

And for what it's worth I have  1760 followers on my blog, my followers have a total of at least 6,892,009 $ of crypto assets of power. Maybe my word is worth something Wink
Because if everyone replied with how excited they were every time they read a positive piece of news about a token they invested in Bitcointalk would become worthless. Please stop pushing it down that path.

I wish they would upgrade the forum software then and add some kind of like buttons so that people can like posts. Hard to express emotions any other way than talking about it. I don't use smileys that often.

Wonderful news. I might take a look at it tomorrow, has anyone tested it so far?.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
September 21, 2017, 05:07:47 PM
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
September 21, 2017, 02:17:13 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 21, 2017, 10:43:12 AM
You can't say anything to these people on this thread these days huh?
September 21, 2017, 03:45:59 AM

Sorry, your posts are hype. No one cares if a nameless, faceless person on BCT is excited about news that has just been posted. You posting about your excitement is nothing more than hype.
On the same token, no one cares if you think VERI will go to $50 or $500 or $5000 without any detailed and thought-out reasoning for such a projection. Such posts are also nothing more than hype. I could post, "I think VERI is going to $1000!" Whoop-de-doo. Who cares what I think? I am just another nameless faceless poster too. These posts are hype, nothing more.

So what I am just sharing here my opinions for what it's worth ? I don't know why you have to be so mean about it.

And for what it's worth I have  1760 followers on my blog, my followers have a total of at least 6,892,009 $ of crypto assets of power. Maybe my word is worth something Wink
Because if everyone replied with how excited they were every time they read a positive piece of news about a token they invested in Bitcointalk would become worthless. Please stop pushing it down that path.
September 20, 2017, 10:49:11 PM
I am not hyping anythin, I am just excited that is all. When I see the potential somewhere , especially when only a few others see it too, that is a huge opportunity in my book.

It's like predicting BTC of 5000$ in 2009. That kind of visionary skills. I have the same beliefs about VERI.

I can feel you here.
Of course I agree VERI can indeed be huge, but such outcome is still pretty distant at the moment.
And a lot of factors may change the outcome differently.
This is a long-term involvement.
And we need to be responsible in this.

Besides, I am still waiting for Reggie to answer why institutions would want to use Veritaseum when they can use OmiseGo.
A lot of things can happen and don't make yourself liable to other people's loss of money just in case you make an unintended bad call.

Now, I don't want Veritaseum to fail, but while things are still too early, I would prefer to stay cautious instead of being euphoric.
September 20, 2017, 08:52:08 PM

September 20, 2017, 06:39:38 PM

If you want the kind of money that brings you sound sleeping at night, there is no need to sell hype.
Just invest wisely, wait, and shut the fuck up.

I am not hyping anythin, I am just excited that is all. When I see the potential somewhere , especially when only a few others see it too, that is a huge opportunity in my book.

It's like predicting BTC of 5000$ in 2009. That kind of visionary skills. I have the same beliefs about VERI.
September 20, 2017, 09:58:01 AM

If you want the kind of money that brings you sound sleeping at night, there is no need to sell hype.

September 20, 2017, 05:37:51 AM
Oh my God, does that mean the price is about to spice itself up? I can't wait.

I will literally buy the most expensive champaigne in the store and drink it with my wife if it hits 1 ETH  Cheesy

Whether the price will spice up is beyond anyone's control.
It is beyond your control.
It is beyond my control.

Basically only fools will buy the hype.
And it's the fools' money that will pump up the price.
But fools being fools, are naturally either broke (because they are fools) or they are poor bastards.
Thus the magnitude of price pump as result of such money is insignificant in the long-term.

People like you may be willing to waste some money into some expensive champaigne with just a few trading profits as a result of such fool's money.
But be aware such money may also bring you lots of sleepless nights.

September 19, 2017, 06:14:52 PM
New video from Reggie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaEyHmlzg3I

Will update with notes of any interesting contents.

Info:
Initial Beta Launch of Jamaican digital exchange this week.
Small public beta next week or later this week.

Within a couple of weeks:
Limited beta of "the whole shebang" including the dynamic research.

Reggie expects a lot of capital from China to flow into Jamaica once this starts due to China's recent crackdown. -- Not sure I buy into this but I will watch and see.

Mention of opening the VER rental Beta tomorrow. Not sure I heard or understood this correctly.

Oh my God, does that mean the price is about to spice itself up? I can't wait.

I will literally buy the most expensive champaigne in the store and drink it with my wife if it hits 1 ETH  Cheesy
Activity: 881
Merit: 500
CyberTrade
September 19, 2017, 07:28:20 AM
If anybody is looking to buy or sell Veritaseum tokens, this can be done right now through www.icobroker.org

The rates are a little higher than Etherdelta, but you deal with a real person, and the process is so much easier than trying to understand Etherdelta.
September 19, 2017, 12:11:35 AM
Dear Reggie,

Here is a very tough question for you.
Why should institutions go to Veritaseum when they can have OmiseGo?
I want to see the answer, but might the question be that OMG will be sued for patent infringement?
September 19, 2017, 12:02:57 AM
Dear Reggie,

Here is a very tough question for you.
Why should institutions go to Veritaseum when they can have OmiseGo?
Pages:
Jump to: