Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 61. (Read 415431 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Hi, miners!

*FUD*

The probability shown is more closer to the actual than with the original calculations, dividing it by two to get the percentage seems to work out better. The point being here though is that all blocks are shared correctly and all miners are calculated on the same basis.

Just because your pool has no activity, and you have done absolutely nothing to support vertcoin other than fud about my pool here - no wonder people don't want to hash with you. Start doing constructive and useful things for the community instead.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Verters registers double of your actual hashrate on the pool, so it makes somewhat sense to divide the round-luck-percentage by two in the end.
It would have been nice to clarify that to AikaPool instead of just attacking him Smiley
I personally don't use either pool, but I agree with Wolf that it does sound that way.
Activity: 876
Merit: 500
AikaPool admin
Either way, I doubt its on purpose. It should be brought up to the MPOS devs who made the pool software.

MPOS-Dev isn't linked with reduction of % of the block in any way. It was made by the owner of a pool realized to attract more miners!
Several months ago I wrote the owner of a pool of pool .verters.com that they have too big percent of the block - more than 250% and I asked that they opened shares statistics.
Such overestimated % of the block could be because the owner could finish to himself shares and it to overestimate the speed of the workers!
After that at them sharply the % decreased twice.

For an example compare this statistics
https://aikapool.com/limx/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Announcement

Coin price ticker

Added support for exchanges Bittrex and Poloniex for coin Vertcoin.

Coin price ticker supports three exchanges(Bittrex, Cryptsy, and Poloniex) for Vertcoin.

Also new
The navigation menu is coin based in stead of exchange based.

Go to play store to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Either way, I doubt its on purpose. It should be brought up to the MPOS devs who made the pool software.
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
pool.verters.com

Don't deceive users! Return the correct calculation % of the block what was 3 months ago! The percent has to be twice more!
Really users of your pool aren't able to consider?

LMAO, take Shares divide by Shares Est to get percentage at per block.  Sum(Shares) divide by Sum(Shares Est) to get Percentage over a period of time.  What so hard?  Do you also do average of averages?

I think he's saying the expected shares of the last 4 blocks found was 191,174.  But the shares estimate on the general screen shows 382,348.  The actual numbers from both screen actually match with 365,967. 

I don't know how to calculate the expected shares, so I have no idea which seems more likely.  I think he feels the individual block numbers are more valid. so instead of the main screen displaying 365,967/382,348 = 95.72%  it should really be 365,967/191,174 = 191.43% 

Basically it would take the pool from better then expected (95.72%) to almost 2X worse then expected (191.43%)

I had to read this several times to understand what the problem was, and even then could only do it by actually doing the math to see what was wrong...       
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
pool.verters.com

Don't deceive users! Return the correct calculation % of the block what was 3 months ago! The percent has to be twice more!

LMAO, take Shares divide by Shares Est to get percentage at per block.  Sum(Shares) divide by Sum(Shares Est) to get Percentage over a period of time.  What so hard?  Do you also do average of averages?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike
incoherent babbling

Can we all just agree that AikaPool is the only fair and legitimate pool for mining vtc? /s
i mine on miningpoolhub.com...seems to be ok
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
incoherent babbling

Can we all just agree that AikaPool is the only fair and legitimate pool for mining vtc? /s
AikaPool admin
pool.verters.com

Isn't math the thing we convinced ourselves in school we would never use in the real world?  Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I just stepped in because it made me smile when you added the percentages like you did :-)

You ignoramus!!!  Wink

Calculate average:
5 + 10 + 3 + 4 = 22 / 4 = 5.5
8 + 9 + 4 + 12 = 33 / 4 = 8.25
7 + 4 + 14 + 3 + 2 = 30 / 5 = 6

I didn't insult you, I just said you shouldn't add percentages related to different quantities, like you did.
If you don't want people to correct your mistakes, then keep your observations for yourself.
I don't know what you mean by these numbers nor want to continue with this discussion, which is pretty OT anyway.
math is so over-rated  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I just stepped in because it made me smile when you added the percentages like you did :-)

You ignoramus!!!  Wink

Calculate average:

I didn't insult you, I just said you shouldn't add percentages related to different quantities, like you did.
If you don't want people to correct your mistakes, then keep your observations for yourself.
I don't know what you mean by these numbers nor want to continue with this discussion, which is pretty OT anyway.
AikaPool admin

You ignoramus!!!  Wink

Calculate average:
AikaPool admin
that's becoming increasingly laughable :-)

I am able to calculate. I am the owner of the pool, in which statistics is valid!
legendary
Black Belt Developer
that's becoming increasingly laughable :-)

even if the pool (which is not mine, I've got nothing to do with them) declared a higher percentage of shares done vs expected, it would be at their disadvantage (less luck... if you believe in it).

AikaPool admin
Maybe you should read some mathematics book :-)
Or google "adding percentages"

Shares Est. - it is also doubled!
You have a calculator? Smiley

Shares Est. - valid value = 191174 !!!

365967 shares / 191174 est.shares * 100 = 191,43%

You shouldn't deceive miners!

legendary
Black Belt Developer
You can't sum percent values like that.
Sum the shares and it's all correct.

LOL! No comments! Grin

Look on other pools!

Maybe you should read some mathematics book :-)
Or google "adding percentages"
AikaPool admin
You can't sum percent values like that.
Sum the shares and it's all correct.

LOL! No comments! Grin

Look on other pools!
Pages:
Jump to: