Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 66. (Read 415431 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
https://pool.verters.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

206% average percent?  Huh
The pool finds only a half of blocks, or a half takes itself (joke)!  Wink
this is the time it took to find that blocks compared to the average time...

Its to do with the fact that the hashrate is showing incorrectly (about twice as high as it really is), but if I change the diff-mask, a lot of users complain about "high-hash share rejects"
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Vertcoin is more mining profitable from other coins
This is true. But Ethereum mining is 10 times more profitable than even VTC at the moment. All my 64-bit rigs are switched to it at the moment. I'm mining VTC on the only one that is 32-bit.

Isn't Ethereum POS?

No, there's some rumor about them switching to PoS in the future, but for now pure PoW (besides ICO and premine).

May I ask what you are mining with? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
This is true. But Ethereum mining is 10 times more profitable than even VTC at the moment. All my 64-bit rigs are switched to it at the moment. I'm mining VTC on the only one that is 32-bit.

Isn't Ethereum POS?

No, there's some rumor about them switching to PoS in the future, but for now pure PoW (besides ICO and premine).
Activity: 241
Merit: 100

Isn't Ethereum POS?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

this is the time it took to find that blocks compared to the average time...
Activity: 876
Merit: 500
AikaPool admin

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Anyone here been mining on p2pool?  I have not been able to get any accepted shares using sgminer.  All I get is difficulty changed in sgminer.  I have tried changing the value in config file.

Thanks

Perhaps use a 14.x catalyst driver. I could not get any results using the 15 series drivers. The nice hash website says to use a 14.4 driver or all you will get is hw errors as I recall without looking it up. I am running windows 7 64 bit but when I went to change the driver to 14.4 all I could see was a 14.1 one. I used that and am now getting 3.31 mh/s.
Activity: 138
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
diff is 400

Soon we expect to pour a few thousand coins to exchange, maybe the price ... little down from now  Huh
legendary
I narrowed my issue down to Windows 10.  I still have not found a solution.  I copied the sgminer folder to Win 7, and it fired right up.  I even tried to use the bin from Win 7 and still no go.r
you can still go back to your previous system, it isn't too late...  Grin

so far I have attempted to upgrade twice to windows 10 (and downgraded after a couple of hour each time)
Activity: 181
I narrowed my issue down to Windows 10.  I still have not found a solution.  I copied the sgminer folder to Win 7, and it fired right up.  I even tried to use the bin from Win 7 and still no go.r
legendary
a version working with older nvidia cards (at least compute 3.0) has been released: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12205659

3GH/s you are not running on the lyra2rev2 algo for sure.
You have a typo somewhere... (did you try to follow my advice and runs only the command line without the conf file ? ... probably not)

Yes, I used a very basic config file and just command line.  Working a half day today, so I will tinker with it more this afternoon.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
Hi guys. With 10.0.1642.5 amdocl.dll from 15.4 beta win32 in sgiminer folder my 5850 hash  around 1.6 mh/s. (my system win 7 64bit  driver installed 14.7 version 14.200.1004.0
 and this config
           r9 280x, 5850

make a bin for r9 280x with system keep it. Then make a second bin with amdocl.dll from 15.4 32bit. Make sure you have the same intesity. something like this

upload Cypress bin somewhere
legendary

3GH/s you are not running on the lyra2rev2 algo for sure.
You have a typo somewhere... (did you try to follow my advice and runs only the command line without the conf file ? ... probably not)
Nothing that I have tried will work on p2pool or give-me-coins.  Does anyone have a working config for 280x on give-me-coins pool?  I just don't understand why this is not working.  Oh, I guess another idea, any other place to pick up Win binaries?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Update!

I've successfully installed Linux Catalyst 15.7 drivers on the PIMP mining platform adapting the instructions located here: https://www.reddit.com/r/getpimp/comments/294uie/add_amd_146_drivers_and_djm34s_optimized_sgminer/ and using http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-driver-installer-15.20.1046-x86.x86_64.zip for the new source.

Happy to report I got my 6970 card hashing away at 1.8Mh with no hardware errors.

Time to tweak and get the max hash rates.

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction!
legendary
I am using 280x's.  The p2pool is working as I have a NVidia rig connected.  I have used several settings, even stripped down to basics.  I will give intensity a try this evening.  I am really confused as I used old vtc config and adjusted it to lyra2rev2.

Thanks
lookup gap isn't used for sure, it shouldn't be there (don't think it will help though),
you should try without using the config file using only basic command line and see if it changes anything
I am using 280x's.  The p2pool is working as I have a NVidia rig connected.  I have used several settings, even stripped down to basics.  I will give intensity a try this evening.  I am really confused as I used old vtc config and adjusted it to lyra2rev2.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: