Pages:
Author

Topic: Very first tests P104-100: 39 Mh/s Ethash; 470 sol/s ZEC - Nice GPU! - page 3. (Read 9368 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Wait, where are you seeing good prices on cards? If it's Alibaba, they are ALL FAKE prices.
x8664amd, you are right about Alibaba. The quote prices  are the same as if those were non OEM cards in a US shop, without taking into account importing fees and shipping. Alibaba sellers were selling for 550+ cheapest last time I checked before Chinese holidays. I always liked the idea that  GPUs will still have some salvage value and could be later resold after mining, but this barely applies to 3 month warranty Chinese OEM cards. Those are too expensive for the crappy quality ) I d better buy a normal card in places were mining is expensive ( it is cheaper there) and pay import fee than paying so much for air.
Although, my post was also about risks of ALibaba. And I still think that those customer protection insurances Alibaba provides are pretty legit. You just have to check each seller if it is covered.
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
Hi fellow miners!
I have recently seen good  wholesale price offers  on P104-100 (different OEM brands) as well on popular mining cards (gtx 1060, rx 570, 580) including both OEM and recognozable brandnames. The prices are like before the 2017 mining boom if you buy 50 or more.These days when even Walmart adjusts prices up following the demand on GPUs there are not too many other options to chose from if you want to do mining professionally.

But I noticed in this thread that when it comes to Alibaba, it is considered too risky by many people. But what about Alibaba customer protection and sellers ratings Alibaba allows to track?  Do you think it is still risky even when you buy from good ranked sellers?

For instance, there are some established manufacturer's with 10-15 years history out there. Those usually have "Trade Assurance" customer protection, similar to what we have on Paypal or Ebay , covering your purchases  up to 40 000 -70 000 USD or more.  They can also provide  samples before you decide to move on with the bulk purchase.
Has anybody actually tried to buy directly from such manufacturers on Alibaba?

Wait, where are you seeing good prices on cards? If it's Alibaba, they are ALL FAKE prices.
Activity: 44
Anyone try P104-100 on different algos? skein, lyra2z, neoscrypt, phi, xevan, nist5 ?
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
44 Mh/s it's for people that don't care about energy cost, my p104's do 39 Mh/s at 118w , yours 44Mh/s at 160w

I've just heard that somebody have tested P102-100 and the hashrate is around 47Mh/s. I'm not sure how's it going, but due to the current price of P104, I think I will wait for 20xx series.

Yes, I have screenshots supplied directly by a GPU manufacturer showing 47 MH for ETH.  Likely over 900 sols/second for ZEC / Equihash.

900 sol/s for Equihash, is it even higher than 1080 Ti?

As far as I know still havent had any report of P102-100's performance on Equihash yet, 900 sol/s is quite a lot. But let see, we dont expect P104-100 could go over 40 mh/s.
Activity: 30
Merit: 2
44 Mh/s it's for people that don't care about energy cost, my p104's do 39 Mh/s at 118w , yours 44Mh/s at 160w

I've just heard that somebody have tested P102-100 and the hashrate is around 47Mh/s. I'm not sure how's it going, but due to the current price of P104, I think I will wait for 20xx series.

Yes, I have screenshots supplied directly by a GPU manufacturer showing 47 MH for ETH.  Likely over 900 sols/second for ZEC / Equihash.

900 sol/s for Equihash, is it even higher than 1080 Ti?
kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105

Blockchain Evangelist.

Activity: 45
Blockchain Evangelist.
Hi,

I am kinda new here (as a registered user that is), I had to reply to this p-104 trend that been going on here.
so let me tell you I have no idea what is unique "bios" who is getting to 39mhs...

I have made some changes today we are running a machine with 8 cards P-104 (44-43 mhs per card) reaching
easily to 345 mhs not to mention running on 160watts instead of 180watts with linux centos.

I am using a private version of ethminer here are some screen shots from the teamviewer.

Best regards,

CNILSECURE.

P.S. Sorry i havent figure out yet how to insert the image directly to here

HOLY SMOKES. 44MH/s on a single P104-100?

Yup  Smiley 44mhs X 8 cards

44 Mh/s, I tried some tests, but it's never been upper than 41 mh/s. Could you share your OC setting?

Activity: 16
Hi,

I am kinda new here (as a registered user that is), I had to reply to this p-104 trend that been going on here.
so let me tell you I have no idea what is unique "bios" who is getting to 39mhs...

I have made some changes today we are running a machine with 8 cards P-104 (44-43 mhs per card) reaching
easily to 345 mhs not to mention running on 160watts instead of 180watts with linux centos.

I am using a private version of ethminer here are some screen shots from the teamviewer.
https://imgur.com/gallery/SwKM6U0

https://imgur.com/gallery/YvkfGym

Best regards,

CNILSECURE.

What is your overclock setting like?
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
I found the card for only 340 bucks but its never in stock. Seeing the results i would definitely fill up one of my rigs with some of these babies.
Activity: 19
Hi,

Best regards,

CNILSECURE.

Could you please tell what a private version of ethminer and where am I able to find it? I can not write you a private message=(
Activity: 3
Hi,

Best regards,

CNILSECURE.

Hi,

Best regards,

CNILSECURE.

Anyone could help me on how to even get more than 35MH/s on Linux. My original post is at:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-help-eth-mining-with-p104-100-in-linux-2898322

My P104-100 in stock setting only gives me 26MH/s. I tried both Claymore and the open source cuda ethminer.

I also tried both 387 driver and 390 driver.

I am pretty frustrated now.

This sounds to be some kind of a BIOS problem. I have had one P104-100 card that just would NOT overclock at all. After updating the BIOS, it goes up to 40MH/s happily.

Try contacting your manufacturer  Embarrassed
Activity: 58
 they cannot sell a 3 month warranty product in EU either, where a minimum warranty should be 2 years.

Activity: 1
Just want opinions:

Someone is selling 9x P104-100 mining cards and 1x P104-100 mining machine for BND8k+. Is it worth it?

I'm going to sell my new X100 cards for $780-850 soon in Russia.
Activity: 43
Anyone could help me on how to even get more than 35MH/s on Linux. My original post is at:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-help-eth-mining-with-p104-100-in-linux-2898322

My P104-100 in stock setting only gives me 26MH/s. I tried both Claymore and the open source cuda ethminer.

I also tried both 387 driver and 390 driver.

I am pretty frustrated now.
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
Any warranty that does not cover your roi period or resale period is a waste. You need the 3 year warranty for it to make sense on a GPU
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
I was just informed that Nvidia is banning the sale of P104s to the US.  Anyone else here about this?

No surprise here, they found that they cannot use that 3 month warranty in the US and EU

its basically against consumer laws here to provide such a flimsy warranty, on top of that its different from the warranty of thier

other consumer parts. Duh Their lawyers should have told them this before hand dummies
I guess they could sell with "no warranty" in the US Smiley We cans still buy them direct from somewhere else right?
Pages:
Jump to: