Pages:
Author

Topic: Very first tests P104-100: 39 Mh/s Ethash; 470 sol/s ZEC - Nice GPU! - page 9. (Read 9368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-NP104D5X-4G#sp

That is NOT a 1080, which has 2560 cores - it's a 1070 with 1920 cores but GDDR5X memory instead of GDDR5 memory.

The early RUMOURS were 1080 with GDDR5 but that turned out to not be the case.

Still doesn't explain how it manages the announced high ETH hashrates claimed for it.

The 4GB vs the 8GB on a regular 1070 isn't a factor, and probably won't be before ETH goes Proof of Stake.
Activity: 881
Merit: 502
This card is basically GTX 1080 with DDR5 memory not DDR5X.
Therefore it performs very good with ETH algo but not so impressive with Equihash algo.

If it is under 500$, it is very good buy currently.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
FYI:

I've contacted a few manufacturers from Alibaba, most of my queries for P104-100 take very long to get answered and not even in a good manner. Anyway here are few price points they threw at me: $425 $478 $485 and from another manufacturer $880 $760. They also have prebuilt 8xP104 rig for about $4680~4880, some may accept small order if you contact them, i recommend using Whatsapp. They are available to pre-order only, available April. Most of the parts and the GPU itself are made by unknown or lesser known brands: newmagic, Manli, Inno3d, Jegy, Onda.... From which I only trust Manli and Inno3d. In order to order they mostly will talk you to add their Whatsapp number (or Skype) and pay outside Ali via T/T or some sort. Very risky indeed. Warranty will be 3 months for most if not all brands. After-sale support is horrible as I read the feedbacks from previous buyers and around the web; any broken card will need to be sent back costing lots of $$ even if you're lucky enough to get a reply from them. If you willing to deal with them I can help you find out legit manufacturers but again warranty isn't good and you buy with your own risk.

P/S: Luckily I found a distributor who travels back and forth from US to Asia to bring here some goodness, batches of P104-100 from Inno3d, MSI and Zotac available end of Jan and end of Feb. Yata! However I can't share his contact information without his permission. So sorry the community.
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
Same settings, Gigabyte P104-100 GDDR5X 4GB, cant go over 30mhs?

Even us, we dont dont really understand why it could perform better than 1080 on ETH mining, big question for us.
But as some members already figured out here, it may relate to some modification on timing or sth like that. I dont really familiar with these things so I dont know.
Yeah, I'm really in love with this GPU.
Blockchain Evangelist.
Hey,

Some more historic info.

This card did 28-29Mh when it first got built a few months ago, which was completely stock.

When we were first testing it with nvidia, i did a small and simple tweak and i got it up to 40Mh+.

It is now selling with that small modification for around 500USD per card, that is if you can find/get it.

That initial 40Mh we got was indeed as i said with custom timings, also knowing that the prototype had only 4GB GDDR5X memory.

For your reference, the ones being built/sold have 8GB GDDR5X memory. (not that it will make such a huge difference)

Cheers

Thank Eliovp for very detail information. Even my distributor hasnt let us know details that much Cheesy
I dont know much about these technical things, but hope they will officially release this series very soon.
Activity: 36
Same settings, Gigabyte P104-100 GDDR5X 4GB, cant go over 30mhs?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Hey,

Some more historic info.

This card did 28-29Mh when it first got built a few months ago, which was completely stock.

When we were first testing it with nvidia, i did a small and simple tweak and i got it up to 40Mh+.

It is now selling with that small modification for around 500USD per card, that is if you can find/get it.

That initial 40Mh we got was indeed as i said with custom timings, also knowing that the prototype had only 4GB GDDR5X memory.

For your reference, the ones being built/sold have 8GB GDDR5X memory. (not that it will make such a huge difference)

Cheers

Edit: it is now selling for over 900USD..
kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105
yes, thank you for testing
so it's indeed GGDR5X memory but gives this high speed, curious why gtx1o80 with same memory and more powerful core can't achieve  same result?
this is very intriguing
by the was as far as I know, prices for this P104 - became to go up from manufacturers.

I believe it is to do with RAM timings.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
yes, thank you for testing
so it's indeed GGDR5X memory but gives this high speed, curious why gtx1o80 with same memory and more powerful core can't achieve  same result?
this is very intriguing
by the was as far as I know, prices for this P104 - became to go up from manufacturers.

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Interesting results, thanks for sharing with us!
Blockchain Evangelist.
Any photos of this card?? @shibob

If you want to see the its design or its cooling or sth like that, I could take a picture next week when I come to farm.

But the official GPU has not released yet so basically I need to ask my distributor about posting GPU image.
He agreed for spreading the words about performance I think it's the way the make price. But honestly to say, its cooling is not good as I expect.
Blockchain Evangelist.

where to get this GPU? international ?

Just 1 unit the local distributor give me for testing. The official first batch has not released yet. We're still waiting.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
Hi there,

I was so excited with the result of Zotac P104-100 in ETH mining.
Setting rig: 7 GPUs P106-100 + 1 GPU P104-100.
Power limit: 65%
Core: +30
Mem: +600
Average Hashrate: P106-100 - 24.33 Mh/s; P104-100 - 37.71 Mh/s and ~39 Mh/s at high OC

For quick reference: https://imgur.com/mmEygyR

High OC setting, very stable as few days of running: average 39 Mh/s

For quick reference: https://imgur.com/2nkpdep

I have just made a quick test for Equihash algorithm, at the basic OC I didnt push it much, it could achieve 470sol/s for ZEC.
Memory is GGDR5X Micron, so basically 39 Mh/s for ETH, that's really impressive!
Please take a look on setting and P104-100 GPU info below. It's nice GPU I think.

For quick reference: https://imgur.com/a/ga8Zq

where to get this GPU? international ?
Blockchain Evangelist.
It is totally a waste of a GPU to mine ETH when there are more profitable coins with double the profit.

Curious what you mean. Can you provide more info please? Like what is better?

I think he could earn that much but in very short period. In the recent pump, it could be true for VIVO, STAK or LBC if he mined these coins about 2-3 months ago, he could earn a lot.
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
It is totally a waste of a GPU to mine ETH when there are more profitable coins with double the profit.

Curious what you mean. Can you provide more info please? Like what is better?
Blockchain Evangelist.
shibob, Thank you for answering my questions. I have rig ready for these cards. Cant wait.
I use W10 now, but playing games with OS when rig can mine is counter productive. So I just think which OS would be better. Not an issue. I can try both too.

I have supplier, but I need to be fast, cause prices for AMD going crazy now. I am sure Nvidia will follow.

Hi pix530,

Nice to hear from you, yeah time is money in this game, so we should be fast. I'm bored and lazy with trading but mining seems like my hobby haha.
Most of my rig're running on Win10, and there're 2 rigs I used Ubuntu which I set in home. I think Ubuntu/Linux..may be more stable but Win10 is ok if you dont push your rig much.

The same is happening here, it's hard to buy GPUs and the price's increased ~14% already just after a month. I'm thinking about collecting some 2nd hand rigs, somebody are start to sell their rigs at the latest down-trend period.
Blockchain Evangelist.

The 470 sol/s were on Ewbf?

Hi bigjee,

Yeah I tested it with EWBF miner. I think its performance might a bit better with dstm's miner.
Activity: 49
shibob, Thank you for answering my questions. I have rig ready for these cards. Cant wait.
I use W10 now, but playing games with OS when rig can mine is counter productive. So I just think which OS would be better. Not an issue. I can try both too.

I have supplier, but I need to be fast, cause prices for AMD going crazy now. I am sure Nvidia will follow.
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
You wrote that at 470 sol/s Equihash algo, ETH at 39 Mh/s it draws about 170W is this at power limit 65? Have you tried going for power limit 60?

Hi, In my first test, power limit I set at 65% ~37.x Mh/s for mining ETH, and that high 39.x Mh/s is at 90-95% power limit.
Also, please note that 470 sol/s for Equihash, I also set power limit more than 90%, just for testing. Basically I dont pust power at that far, 80-85% is the range I usually choose.
I havent done any test with power limit less than 70%, the electric here is quite cheap.

The 470 sol/s were on Ewbf?
Blockchain Evangelist.
You wrote that at 470 sol/s Equihash algo, ETH at 39 Mh/s it draws about 170W is this at power limit 65? Have you tried going for power limit 60?

Hi, In my first test, power limit I set at 65% ~37.x Mh/s for mining ETH, and that high 39.x Mh/s is at 90-95% power limit.
Also, please note that 470 sol/s for Equihash, I also set power limit more than 90%, just for testing. Basically I dont pust power at that far, 80-85% is the range I usually choose.
I havent done any test with power limit less than 70%, the electric here is quite cheap.
Pages:
Jump to: