Pages:
Author

Topic: Very first tests P104-100: 39 Mh/s Ethash; 470 sol/s ZEC - Nice GPU! - page 10. (Read 9368 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
I'd guess that they were running the card at full rated TDP to get those hashrates - 470 is pretty normal for a "high wattage" 1070 (the GPU in this card is a 1070 on core count) or a well-optimised with very good memory "standard wattage" 1070.

Yes you're right, I got 470sol/s at 95% power limit. But I didnt push OC much.
Because a lot of people asked about Equihash performance, so so I made it, but just a quick test cuz we dont plan to mine ZEC, the performance for mining ETH is too good for us.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
very impressive numbers
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I'd guess that they were running the card at full rated TDP to get those hashrates - 470 is pretty normal for a "high wattage" 1070 (the GPU in this card is a 1070 on core count) or a well-optimised with very good memory "standard wattage" 1070.

Activity: 46
You wrote that at 470 sol/s Equihash algo, ETH at 39 Mh/s it draws about 170W is this at power limit 65? Have you tried going for power limit 60?
Activity: 70
shibob can you add photos of this card?
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfXzcMLxCAU

It seems like with "special" drivers large pages are active.
1070 can reach the same 38-40 MH/s.

AMD did the same. Compute Driver = large pages on

Stay away from men bearing gifts on the inernets
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

your kidding right?  this is an ovbious scam.... why even post it ? Sad
The mem bus dosent support 39mh/s on a 1070, can you even MATH bro?
so one is not only supposed to pay him upfront for this "magic" but also bypass your PCs warnings on the driver (there for a reason may i add)  and install his 3rd party driver?  
SCARY to say the LEAST
if one wanted to test themselves, bypass your security for the official tesla driver on your 10 series, try to install it, tell us what happens Cheesy (i already know)

Blockchain Evangelist.

I dont really sure about this, but I think it seems like not true.
I tried to test mining ETH with MSI 1070 Seahawk X, but maximum hashrate I got is around 30.2-31 Mh/s as I remember.
I've ever seen this video before. But I've never seen any legit members in BBT shared sth like 1070 could achieve that high of 38Mh/s.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Activity: 62
This card is offered for preorder on Singapore Carousell fro 725SGD and supposedly available in March

They are all meet up only.
Blockchain Evangelist.
1070 ti is more efficient than the best 1070 cards on equihash when set up for max efficiency IME - I have yet to see any 1070 beat 4.3, but the 1070 ti can do 4.5+ easily.
Occasional 1080 cards can argue the point with the 1070 ti, but most are little if any better than a 1070 when both are set for max efficiency, and the 1080 ti seems to be in the same range as the 1070 and 1080.
1060 - don't have any but haven't been impressed with the efficiency numbers I HAVE seen out of those, but it seems like nobody tries to set those for max efficiency.

I'm still finding the reported P104-100 mining card reported ETH hashrates VERY hard to believe - I just can't see how a card with the SAME memory type and speed (half the size don't MATTER) can manage to pull 50% higher hashrate, even if they DID optimize the timing straps for mining.

I'm not familiar with computer/memory architecture or some sort of that. But we were shocked with P104-100 as well.

Honestly to say, most of our GPUs are AMD RX series so we dont really know much about efficiency of Nvidia cards, so far we just have P106-100, 1060 3Gb for mining ETH as well, few rigs 1070 and 1 rig 1070 Ti for mining some altcoins.

So, thank you very much for those detail analysis.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
These are awesome results but they have very low resale value and only 3 months of warranty because of this buying mining version cards are risky in my opinion.
Activity: 39
This card is offered for preorder on Singapore Carousell fro 725SGD and supposedly available in March
legendary
1070 ti is more efficient than the best 1070 cards on equihash when set up for max efficiency IME - I have yet to see any 1070 beat 4.3, but the 1070 ti can do 4.5+ easily.
Occasional 1080 cards can argue the point with the 1070 ti, but most are little if any better than a 1070 when both are set for max efficiency, and the 1080 ti seems to be in the same range as the 1070 and 1080.
1060 - don't have any but haven't been impressed with the efficiency numbers I HAVE seen out of those, but it seems like nobody tries to set those for max efficiency.

I'm still finding the reported P104-100 mining card reported ETH hashrates VERY hard to believe - I just can't see how a card with the SAME memory type and speed (half the size don't MATTER) can manage to pull 50% higher hashrate, even if they DID optimize the timing straps for mining.

Blockchain Evangelist.

That's not impressive at all, 1070 ti manages that hashrate at under 110 watts with a TON better efficiency.
 On the other hand, it might do better with optimization.

Dear QuintLeo,

Yeah you're absolutely right. When we finished the test with ETH, we totally satisfied. But we didnt understand why Equihash performance is that low.
I remember I ever pushed core memory a bit higher, but hashrate increased not much. But it's fine for me, be cause I plan to use it for ETH mining only.
For ZEC or Equihash, I like to use 1060 3Gb or 1070 for the efficiency.
legendary
Hi guys,

I'm very busy this time. So sorry for late update.

I have just made a quick test for Equihash algorithm, at the basic OC I didnt push it much, it could achieve 470sol/s for ZEC.
Memory is GGDR5X Micron, so basically for 37.7Mh/s for ETH, that's really impressive!
Please take a look on setting and P104-100 GPU info below. It's nice GPU I think.

For quick reference: https://imgur.com/a/ga8Zq

That's not impressive at all, 1070 ti manages that hashrate at under 110 watts with a TON better efficiency.
 On the other hand, it might do better with optimization.
Blockchain Evangelist.
I will order 6 soon and share my experience.
Each would cost about 400usd which is ok compare to 300 bucks rx570 that is impossible to get now.
Hashrate 30 to 40 and price 300 to 400. Seems reasonable.

I dont think its price is that cheap. We expect that we could get it at around 450$. But we have not got the deal yet.
Blockchain Evangelist.
My supplier confirmed hashrates announced here.
104 is able to go up to 40Mh/S Eth.

yeah I think the hashrate will be around 39 Mh/s or even better as your quote.
But actually I havent got the GPUs as I ordered yet. Our group buy's supplier still in dealing progress with some guys in CN.

how can i get one of these for testing?

Dear Mr. BeerMan81,

Very nice to hear from you. I follow your mining shed settup for a while and really like you and Yun.
I got this GPU just because my group buy have business with big local distributor. And he has business with Chinese guys who give him 1 P104-100 in advance for testing.
So he just gave us the chance to test it first.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
I will order 6 soon and share my experience.
Each would cost about 400usd which is ok compare to 300 bucks rx570 that is impossible to get now.
Hashrate 30 to 40 and price 300 to 400. Seems reasonable.
Where did you order them from?
Blockchain Evangelist.
My supplier confirmed hashrates announced here.
104 is able to go up to 40Mh/S Eth.

Confirmed

yes I think it could achieve that 40 Mh/s. But I just want to keep it cool.
Pages:
Jump to: