Pages:
Author

Topic: Very first tests P104-100: 39 Mh/s Ethash; 470 sol/s ZEC - Nice GPU! - page 6. (Read 9368 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I kind of feel like that claimed 39mh on ethereum is bunk. 25mh/s is what you would expect from an unmodified gtx 1070 so I would say you are closer to a real number than the OP

It's legit for ZOTAC, who knows about Gigabyte, a shit company can't even make a fan that works.

Could you please share your settings?
Windows version, driver, overclock, memory type...
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
I kind of feel like that claimed 39mh on ethereum is bunk. 25mh/s is what you would expect from an unmodified gtx 1070 so I would say you are closer to a real number than the OP

It's legit for ZOTAC, who knows about Gigabyte, a shit company can't even make a fan that works.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
I have Gigabyte p104-100 and no matter what I do, I can't make them go above 30.5 mh/s on ETH.

- Tried different drivers
- Tried core clock (-200 to +500)
- Tried memory clock (0 to 850)

Out of the box, the card does around 25 mh/s.

The memory is Micron and on Windows 10.

Activity: 362
Merit: 250
I have Gigabyte p104-100 and no matter what I do, I can't make them go above 30.5 mh/s on ETH.

Maybe because it is Micron..

Those Nvidia GPU's are pure gamble... If you get shi**y ram it won't to good... I got some 1060's which are only capable of doing 18,6... Friend got the same model with different RAM and his are doing 24,6 mhs....
Activity: 23

Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
$629 isn't bad considering GTX 1070 is going for $800+..  Undecided

You people lost all sense, do not give in like the idiots do. Hold strong and buy only when it at msrp price. Do not be an idiot.

I am using https://www.nowinstock.net/ to inform me of availability. But honestly I haven't had any success actually buying equipment at MSRP. The cards just get sold WAYYYY too fast.  Undecided

I think another good option is buy some 2nd hand GPUs, the only thing is we need to check these GPUs carefully. In my place, somebody starts selling GPU haha.

Not quite that simple. Who knows what's the quality of 2nd hand GPUs. As a buyer, you don't have a peace of mind and run some risk.

I would much rather buy new GPUs.

Agreed with you, buying 2nd hand GPUs is not that simple. It may work perfectly in the 1st month, but we dont really know the reason why they sold it even the price is just fluctuated a bit.

Yep, it may work on a small-scale, like buying 1 or 2 second-hand GPUs. However, imagine if you run a farm, the operational hassle of buying 100+ second-hand GPUs is just a nightmare.
Activity: 30
Merit: 2

You people lost all sense, do not give in like the idiots do. Hold strong and buy only when it at msrp price. Do not be an idiot.

I am using https://www.nowinstock.net/ to inform me of availability. But honestly I haven't had any success actually buying equipment at MSRP. The cards just get sold WAYYYY too fast.  Undecided

I think another good option is buy some 2nd hand GPUs, the only thing is we need to check these GPUs carefully. In my place, somebody starts selling GPU haha.

Not quite that simple. Who knows what's the quality of 2nd hand GPUs. As a buyer, you don't have a peace of mind and run some risk.

Agreed with you, buying 2nd hand GPUs is not that simple. It may work perfectly in the 1st month, but we dont really know the reason why they sold it even the price is just fluctuated a bit.

Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.

Blockchain Evangelist.

You're right, this time I dont grab any more GPUs, I just use the half budget to buy some coins and wait GPUs' price going down.
Activity: 392
Merit: 266
EthMonitoring.com
Looks nice GPU, thank you for the overview.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Have you got the deal yet? and what's the price?
With these performance, I think its price may be more than 500$?

https://www.bitnand.com/product-page/nvidia-p104-100-mining-card this site seems to have P104-100, but it's March delivery. Another member says this is made by an active Redditor.

p104-100 can someone recommend MSI afterburner settings for eth & zec? pictures appreciated!

I think he made it very clear on the 1st post. By the way, how much you have pay for P104-100?
Activity: 20
p104-100 can someone recommend MSI afterburner settings for eth & zec? pictures appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
One thing to keep in mind on the Vega pricing - apples to oranges.
3 months ago the ONLY Vega cards available were reference design.
Today the only Vega cards available are 3'd party cards, with better cooling and SHOULD be higher performance.

*3* 8-pin power connectors on some of them though is crazy.
Blockchain Evangelist.
p104 4gb
180w
0.75 kh/s cryptonight
1.08 mh/s neoscrypt
39 mh/s eth
524 sol/s

I found a group buy for these today, for about $720 CAD each, minimum order of 6.
I guess I'll grab them since there's nothing in stores and my mining expert is very sad with only 6 cards. Thanks for the info here, it helps a lot. The guys buying/selling them are of course noobs and I can't trust their numbers until I found some more here.

neoscrypt:
GPU#0:P106-100, 903.79kH/s

106 gives you around 880 kh/s neoscrypt and you get only 128k more from 104 for almost twice the price?!?! sad crap

I think P104-100 is optimized for mining ETH only. The local store's selling it with 730$ (in Malaysia) which is more expensive thant 1080 lol.

I dont know but this time it's too hard to grab any GPU.

Quote from @xxcsu about current GPUs' prices, they're all too expensive now:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28919904

p104 4gb
180w
0.75 kh/s cryptonight
1.08 mh/s neoscrypt
39 mh/s eth
524 sol/s

I found a group buy for these today, for about $720 CAD each, minimum order of 6.
I guess I'll grab them since there's nothing in stores and my mining expert is very sad with only 6 cards. Thanks for the info here, it helps a lot. The guys buying/selling them are of course noobs and I can't trust their numbers until I found some more here.

neoscrypt:

106 gives you around 880 kh/s neoscrypt and you get only 128k more from 104 for almost twice the price?!?! sad crap

I think P104-100 is optimized for mining ETH only. The local store's selling it with 730$ (in Malaysia) which is more expensive thant 1080 lol.

Activity: 19
p104 4gb
180w
0.75 kh/s cryptonight
1.08 mh/s neoscrypt
39 mh/s eth
524 sol/s

neoscrypt:

Pages:
Jump to: